View Full Version : Duplicate inspections...

Bodjit
7th Jan 2007, 20:35
Having some conflict with my Q Dept... Dupes used to be signed iaw BCAR sect A6- . . Blah Blah...

After the demise of our beautiful system anyone know where dupes authority or information is now held in EASA as we currently sign our dupes iaw our company EPM.

I've searched through EASA but could do with a little help from my friends as they say..;) ;). BCAR used to list who could sign for what and when you called them up, Just can't find anything in EASA Pt 66 or 145 :confused: :confused:

Any help appreciated

Bodjit

Rigga
7th Jan 2007, 21:59
a) The 'Beautiful System' has not yet demised. It is still in force for UK aircraft due to a non-acceptance of the EU standard which asks for far less than we have.
b) Your company can (and should) still use the references to BCARs, CAA Specs, AAN, FAD's etc, on aircraft built or imported to that standard.
c) Even after the demise of the 'Beautiful System', your company can still keep these standards as part of the Company Quality System if it so wishes, and subject to CAA approval - which, in my opinion, they cannot refuse as it is to higher standards. However, this may become a tripping point in later years as newer engineers replace us old hands who liked the old system.

Hope this helps.

Rigga

om15
8th Jan 2007, 15:53
Have a look at Part M subpart D
AMC MA 402 (a) Performance of maintenance.
paras 4.3.2 and 4.4.

In my Company, all B1 authorised staff can sign second single point on all types ( we maintain 8 different types) if type rated on a similar type.

regards, om15

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Jan 2007, 17:18
Duplicate Inspections
My Company now call them Independent Inspections and are now covered by our Company Quality System Procedures under the control of Critical Tasks.
The procedures still list CAA CAP 553 (BCAR) & CAP 562 (CAAIP) along with EASA Part 145 AMC M.A.402 as mentioned by "om15".
Hope this is of help.:ok:

primreamer
8th Jan 2007, 19:31
Try this link, www.easa.eu.int/doc/Events/industrymeeting18112004

Scroll down to the "145" section and the question posed by a Lufthansa Technik representative on the subject of duplicate inspections. Although from 2 years ago the last paragraph of the response makes interesting reading and may explain why EASA information on duplicate inspections is hard to find!

matkat
9th Jan 2007, 08:54
Link not working.

primreamer
9th Jan 2007, 15:05
Sorry matkat don't know why its a duff link. If you Google "easa duplicate inspections", its the fourth item down the list, click that and then scroll to the "145" section. Hope this helps. If not let me know and I'll post up the question and answer here.

primreamer
9th Jan 2007, 15:13
Sorry matkat don't know why its a duff link. If you Google "easa duplicate inspections", its the fourth item down the list, click that and then scroll to the "145" section. Hope this helps. If not let me know and I'll post up the question and answer here.

Bodjit
11th Jan 2007, 12:26
Cheers lads, loadsa light cast on this subject.....

It would appear that 'our beautiful system' considered dupes to be important enough to write a whole load of guidance in BCAR A6- Blah Blah, but good old EASA don't warrent dupes mandatory but have passed on the responsibility to decide to the 145 organisation.:=

Very interesting.. Long live Dupes in the form of 'our beautiful system' is what I say for the sake of flight safety if nothing else.(and theres alot of not very clever engineers about these days)

Bodjit

BAe146s make me cry
11th Jan 2007, 13:44
"and theres alot of not very clever engineers about these days"

Not very many clever regulatory agencies or NAA's either:}

BAe146??? Wahhh:{ :{ :{