PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter crash kills three in France

ElFot
7th Jan 2007, 18:40
A helicopter crashed in the garden of a restaurant in southern France on Sunday...
Anybody knows anything about this?
Link: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/953964

wiggy
7th Jan 2007, 18:57
The on-line stuff here is simply saying 3 dead and 1 injured in a crash in the Camargue area, report timed at around 1645 Local on the French TV2 website. I'm struggling with a slow dial up so can't find out much more at the moment.

Lightning_Boy
7th Jan 2007, 19:00
May be worth posting this thread on the rotorhead forum....Sure you'll get an answer there.

LB

ElFot
7th Jan 2007, 19:08
May be worth posting this thread on the rotorhead forum....Sure you'll get an answer there.

LB

Well, it's still a rumor for me...

TheSailor
7th Jan 2007, 19:27
Hello,

This will be no more considered as a rumour.
4 deads confirmed ..and one very bad enjured and a other bad injured.
All the victims (dead or injured) where ppls on the ground.
POB are totally safe.
It was on a helipad of a restaurant ...and the crash occur during the take off .
The french authorities have alreay questions about why ppl's where in the vicinity of the take off pad .. :uhoh:
The chopper (Alouette II) was a private owned machine.

Regards. http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bebermaur/th_bye.gif

ElFot
7th Jan 2007, 19:32
Ok, a mod can transfer it, or do I have to repost it to rotorheads?

IntheTin
7th Jan 2007, 19:50
Just seen this on Sky. :ouch:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1246322,00.html

CRX
7th Jan 2007, 20:59
'The Sailor'
I assume you mean 'people' when you write ppl's.
Try to avoid use of 'text talk' when posting as confusion can occur.
Sorry to be pedantic, but as I am sure you are aware 'ppl's' has other meanings on an aviation forum.

Farmer 1
8th Jan 2007, 07:25
CRX, I see your point, but I guess it's a foreign language to Sailor.

elena
8th Jan 2007, 13:05
Hello,

The french authorities have alreay questions about why ppl's where in the vicinity of the take off pad .. :uhoh:
The chopper (Alouette II) was a private owned machine.

Regards. http://photobucket.com/albums/v509/Bebermaur/th_bye.gif

They never wondered why people were in the vicinity since the helipad itself was just 30 meters/yards from the restaurant, so some people as they left the place just stood there watching the heli taking off.
I guess we are bound for a new regulation "distance from helipad to public property" or the like...

ShyTorque
8th Jan 2007, 22:11
Just read some more details on this horrific accident.

My heart goes out to all involved but especially to the little girl orphaned by this. I hope and pray (and I don't often do the latter) that she will be able to get over it. :sad:

OlliBlue
9th Jan 2007, 17:21
Anyone know the reg of the helicopter ?

Juli
9th Jan 2007, 17:47
Anyone know the reg of the helicopter ?
SE 313 s/n : 1386 reg F-GZFS

elena
9th Jan 2007, 17:50
I was just going to answer when Juli dropped his post,
"yes, I know the registration, it was in all newspapers this morning", but why do you want to know?

elena
9th Jan 2007, 17:54
I meant: is there a way to trace the aircraft maintenance history on internet with the reg# and find something which lead to the accident??

OlliBlue
9th Jan 2007, 18:40
Don't think there is.
Anyway I only wanted to know the reg to find out who owned the helicopter.
There's a french pilot who is very active in the flight simulator world that owns an alouette.

Flying Lawyer
9th Jan 2007, 19:23
is there a way to trace the aircraft maintenance history on internet with the reg# and find something which lead to the accident??
In the famous words of John McEnroe: "You cannot be serious!"

I realise you were asking rather than suggesting anyone should try - but sometimes people do try to guess what the experts will find.

Very sad accident, and I share your hope it won't lead to more restrictions on helicopters operations on private property in France - which are already much stricter than here.

FL

Heliport
11th Jan 2007, 06:30
Flight International

Investigation starts in France after helicopter decapitates two restaurant patrons waving off fellow diners

An investigation has been launched into the cause of a helicopter accident in southern France on Sunday that killed three people on the ground and seriously injured another.
The pilot and three passengers survived when their Aerospatiale Alouette II crashed into the garden of a restaurant near Marseilles.

Local police reports say the helicopter was carrying guests who had been lunching at the Chez Bob restaurant, near Arles in the Camargue region. Their dining companions had walked into the garden of the restaurant to wave goodbye when the helicopter came down. Two of the onlookers were decapitated by the rotors.

IntheTin
11th Jan 2007, 15:14
I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been! :yuk: