PDA

View Full Version : Bellview Airlines (threads merged)

ZAZOO
28th Apr 2005, 20:32
Whats going on with the 76ers for Bellview Airlines, got me all excited not too long ago and now nothing!!! Have they found crew yet ! Anybody with some news and when they will start this operation!

Come on Bellview lets get going:ok: :ok: :ok:

Bellview Airlines of Nigeria named this Boeing 767-200 N806HE, "Charity".
The ex-Varig aircraft was painted here at GYR and was parked on the
TIMCO Ramp in November 2004. Also N805HE, "Unity". also an ex-Varig aircraft was parked on the
TIMCO Ramp too.

http://www.visitingphx.com/wpn50.html
http://www.visitingphx.com/wpn52.html

Rani
28th Apr 2005, 20:53
Both aircraft left Goodyear for Marana. They were spotted conducting air tests on April 16 (source: cactuswings website).

The airline's new website offers a newsletter "Preference" http://www.flybellviewair.com/bellviewnews.pdf in which it's said that the a/c will also be registered in Nigeria soon.

No news on route commencement, although all indications point to a Mumbai initial route.

No further info available.

Dotun
29th Apr 2005, 09:55
These pretty birds should be in Naija anytime from now.
Regards
DMan

Gander707
3rd May 2005, 12:09
It will be a pleasure to see Bellview operate the 767,s . I am however informed that Ansett from whom bellview years back leased an A300-600 may have put spanner to the works . This may not necessarily put a stop to the delivery but could delay it.I am informed there are still some outstanding issues regarding the A300-600 lease.

ZAZOO
4th May 2005, 20:15
WHY, HOW BIG IS THAT SPANNER MAN :sad: :sad:

WHAT ARE THE OUTSTANDING ISSUES WITH ANSETT Gander707
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW :* :*

Zazoo

:ugh: :ugh:

Gunship
5th May 2005, 10:03
I am informed there are still some outstanding issues regarding the A300-600 lease.

That mean $$$ :E

Rani
5th May 2005, 11:42
If my memory serves me well, Ansett seized back its A300 from Bellview somewhere in Europe due to lease default. I could be mistaken, I just hope a settlement was/is being finalized prior to 767 deliveries.

Gunship
5th May 2005, 11:49
I am sorry to have jumped the gun but being in Africa to long makes you think about these things.

PS: I really hope things work for them as they are not a bad airline at all (for African conditions and situations).

A week or three ago their manager in ACC was still boarding a few late pax and the pilot shutted the door.

He started shouting at the pilot from gate 2 and the pilot just showed his watch and taxied away :E

God Bless the manager - he ran away :p (a good guy by the way) ;)

Gander707
12th May 2005, 16:11
Saw an a/c at the international wing of lagos airport in BELLVIEW colours. Appears to be a B -767. Maybe they have
sorted their problems afterall.

Dotun
12th May 2005, 16:11
Guys,
One of the 762 touched down in Lagos this morning, its at the Delta Wing close to the Virgin Nigeria A320.

Regards
DMan

GlobalFlyer
13th May 2005, 10:24
Will the other 767-200 follow shortly? I find it odd that an aircraft would be delivered and flight schedules have not even been announced yet. This means no back log of reservations and planes will fly almost empty initially.

Any plans for these a/c other than Mumbai and Johannesburg from Lagos and Freetown respectively?

Thanks

ZAZOO
13th May 2005, 11:10
This is Absolutly Smashing :O :O :O :O Great news guys really great news. I am so proud of the people at Bellview, you can all walk with your heads high.

I presume they have sorted it all out with those people with a big hammer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whom ever they are !!!

Dman how about a picture for me please I am not in the country and would like to have a glimps of it never mind the resolution of your camera.

Once again Congratulations and hopefully when the second aircraft arrives and the inaugural flight takeoff we shall jubilate.
:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Zazoooooooo

GlobalFlyer
13th May 2005, 11:14
Zazoo,

Here we go! Uploaded to Airliners.net recently. Not sure if this is the one that has arrived LOS.

<http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=832151&WxsIERv=Obrvat%20767-241&WdsYXMg=Oryyivrj%20Nveyvarf&QtODMg=Cubravk%20%28Punaqyre%29%20-%20Jvyyvnzf%20Tngrjnl%20%28NSO%29%20%28PUQ%20%2F%20VJN%20%2F %20XVJN%29&ERDLTkt=HFN%20-%20Nevmban&ktODMp=Ncevy%201%2C%202005&BP=0&WNEb25u=Gvz%20Ynpuraznvre&xsIERvdWdsY=A805UR&MgTUQtODMgKE=Abg%20irel%20znal%20cvpgherf%20bs%20guvf%20oveq %2C%20V%20fhccbfr.%20%3E%3EPnaba%20300Q%3B%20100-400zz%3C%3C&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=675&NEb25uZWxs=2005-05-07%2009%3A18%3A11&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=23805%2F180&static=yes&width=1030&height=790&sok=JURER%20%20%28ZNGPU%20%28nveyvar%29%20NTNVAFG%20%28%27%2 B%22Oryyivrj%22%27%20VA%20OBBYRNA%20ZBQR%29%29%20%20BEQRE%20 OL%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=2&prev_id=836146&next_id=795134&size=L>

gen3
13th May 2005, 11:24
anyone know of whether they would need crew and what the requirements will be?

;) thanks

GlobalFlyer
13th May 2005, 11:50
There was an add in Flight International (hardcopy and internet edition) a month or so ago about 767 Captain vacancies. I believe vacancies have been closed but I could be wrong. You may send them an e-mail, check their website out www.flybellviewair.com

ZAZOO
13th May 2005, 11:54
Thanks GlobalFlyer thats a great shot of Unity :ok:

gen3 they did have an advertisement out in Flight International for CAPTAINS/INSTRUCTORS 3000HRS B767-200ER - BASE LAGOS- ETOPS EXPERIENCE-ICAO ATPL - FIRST CLASS MED.

Contact: [email protected] FAX: 44 207328 3646 try it out you never know!

Zazoo

Rani
15th May 2005, 19:32
The lessor is GECAS, and the lease term began on May 12th.
The a/c is yet to be registered 5N- ?
Dotun do u have info on initial routes and schedules, etc.?

gen3
16th May 2005, 09:21
;) Thanks guys, been out of touch for a bit. will check the info out. appreciate it. :ok:

Engine Noise
18th May 2005, 17:37
A Nigerian Newspaper today quotes the bellview MD as saying that the 767 was acquired for the Mumbai route.

Capt. Manuvar
20th May 2005, 16:51
B3s 767 wasn't parked at DNMM this afternoon. any new developments? Heard there was an ad in local papers for pilots engineers and cabin crew for bombay route

ZAZOO
20th May 2005, 17:27
What paper was that adv in Capt. M ? could you find out for me!

Do you think they would consider recently Typed qualified 767 FO'S at this time. Have someone who is interested, and keen to apply.

Thanks Sir.

Zazoo

Engine Noise
20th May 2005, 17:54
check thisday pages 37 and 53, thursday 19 may edition.

GlobalFlyer
3rd Jun 2005, 21:43
I noticed that Bellview Airlines has published online (OAG, Amadeus) its flight schedule, effective June 20, 2005 for its new direct service, Lagos-Mumbai (India) to be operated by 767-200ER aircraft.

Flights will depart Lagos twice weekly, on Monday and Thursday, at 20:00 and arrive in Mumbai on Tuesday and Friday, at 10:30. Flight time will be 10 hours.

Return flights will depart Mumbai every Tuesday and Friday at 21:00 and arrive Lagos the next morning at 07:00. Flight time will be 14 hours and 30 minutes.

Is it possible for the 767-200ER to fly nonstop for 14:30 on the return journey?? I would imagine that two groups of flight crew will be onboard alternating duties during the very long flight?

etienne t boy
5th Jun 2005, 17:04
I just hope that with the 767 their time keeping will be better than with the 737. I have found their time-keeping to be very bad and their check-in desk at MMIA is very badly run. I was recently told to be there at a time, but when I arrived I was told the desk would not open for another hour and to return then. They made no attempt to control the numerous queue jumpers and before the desk was even officially opened they were checking in some 'big oggas', with total disregard for all the other passengers who had been waiting for up to an hour. My flight was more than 3 hours late and no explanation was given.

As for their booking system - it's a joke. I was quoted 3 different times for the flight I last took, they didn't even know what days it ran on and the price I paid bore no relationship to any of the ones I was quoted over the phone.

Their one saving grace is that the flights do at least usually depart on the day that they say and the aircraft appear to be reasonably well maintained.

Give me ACN any day - I just hope they expand their African network to include countries like Senegal, The Gambia, Gabon, Cameroon, Chad and Angola. They seem to be much better run and their aircraft are always well maintained (and no, I have never worked for ACN , but I was very happy to see them starting flights to countries outside Nigeria).

With the advent of airlines like VN and the increasing number of airlines offering services within the West African region I hope all the airlines will be motivated to mimprove their passenger relationships and I hope the competition will keep the fares at a reasonable level.

Gunship
6th Jun 2005, 20:07
:ok: With the advent of airlines like VN and the increasing number of airlines offering services within the West African region I hope all the airlines will be motivated to mimprove their passenger relationships and I hope the competition will keep the fares at a reasonable level.

Out of a pax viewpoint - well said. We can just benefit from more professional airlines coming in or present airlines getting there .. :ok:

ZAZOO
13th Jun 2005, 20:29
Any news on the 767 from Bellview pruners out there!!!

Been a while now and has the second ship arrived ?

Cheers

Zazoo

PS: OFF TO THE PARIS AIRSHOW IN THE MORNING ANY OF THE GUYS FROM BACK HOME ALSO GOING !!

Oyindo
13th Jun 2005, 20:46
PS: OFF TO THE PARIS AIRSHOW IN THE MORNING ANY OF THE GUYS FROM BACK HOME ALSO GOING !!
NO, but have a good time

GlobalFlyer
14th Jun 2005, 04:18
Amadeus Flight Schedules show Bellview will start, as stated above, twice weekly nonstop flights to Mumbai from Lagos on June 20, 2005 with Boeing 767-200ER aircraft.

The Guardian yesterday also reported Bellview will commence Freetown - London (didnt specify which airport) flights on July 2, 2005, operating as Bellview Sierra Leonne Airlines. No information on frequency.

Gunship
14th Jun 2005, 06:04
News from FNA is that they asked for 3 per week and received 2 to Heathrow that is.

ZAZOO
24th Jun 2005, 18:33
Why consolidation can’t work in the aviation sector
Kayode Odukoya, CEO, Bellview Airline

•Kayode Odukoya
Photo: Sun News Publishing
Money Index
Mr Kayode Odukoya, the Chief Executive Officer of Bellview Airlines is not happy with the way the Federal Government is treating the domestic airlines especially in the areas of designation, flight frequencies and other concessions.
The Bellview boss argues that the lucrative routes are reserved for the foreign airlines when there are capable local airlines that can handle that. He sees it as robbing the indigenous airlines to pay their foreign counterparts.

As a panacea, he is therefore clamouring for a level playing field for all airlines operating in the country.
First and foremost, the issue of airlines owing the government does not go down well with him because according to him, “most of the claims of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) are bogus. They’re not reconciling figures. Most of these claims are usually blackmail because airlines are actually paying. We in Bellview are paying almost N50 million every month in charges” he says.
He spoke recently on the airline’s performance in the industry, its expansion efforts, recapitalization and more.

Designation
We are the leading carrier that brought about designation in Nigeria in practical terms.
We did this through our Bellview-Sierra Leone that is flying into 14 countries. We are flying into Abuja, Ghana, Conakry, Monrovia, Libreville, Monrovia, Freetown etc. No Nigerian carrier has had that kind of experience we do have. Immediately after the designation, Bellview was designated to fly to both Freetown and Bombay. We’re operating six flights per week into Freetown. We have six aircraft. We just got two new Boeing 767 for the Lagos-Bombay route. If the government had designated us on the London route, we would have been able to sell London ticket for 400 dollars. The aircraft can fly non-stop into London, New York, Johannesburg, Bombay, China etc because it’s a 14 hour non stop aircraft. The same with Ethiopian airline.

Challenges
To consistently remain in business is challenge on its own. Painfully we do not operate on the same level playing field with the foreign airlines. It’s even pathetic that foreign airlines are increasing their frequencies everyday and here are we Nigerians, we’re not given the fair opportunity. It’s a bit surprising to trade your frequency for royalty. Rather you should be trading your requency for jobs, infrastructure, for retaining your capital and for strengthening your country.

We’re asking government for opportunities. We’re flying 24 flights daily. Bellview has demonstrated without any doubt that we have the capacity and the international community as a lot of confidence in us. This is the first time that a domestic airline again has delivered two B727 flown by Nigerians, not a wet lease.

I urge you people (press) to support and clamour for a level playing field. The government gives us the level playing field and allows carriers to come in so that Nigerians can derive the benefit of democracy. We’ve gotten part of it because we don’t think any route should be reserved. Everybody should be given the opportunity.

Airlines merger/consolidation
Yes. The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) is clamouring for airlines merger to make the aviation industry stronger. But I’ve always said that when you talk of consolidation, it’s a pure blackmail. There is no consolidation in South Africa, Kenya and co. They are designating. Consolidation evolves as a result of market forces not by coercion. Why can’t they ask the newspapers houses to merge? You don’t force people to come together or merge. You don’t put a gun in somebody’s head to make merger effective. If a business is successful, people will merge and pull resources together and achieve what we call economies of scale. There is no where in the world where you put consolidation ahead of designation or liberalization. How much consolidation has taken place in Africa. It’s still an evolving process. That is not a justification to bring Virgin into Nigeria.

Recapitalization
Bellview made a recapitalization of N1 billion to meet the demands of the industry. That’s a lot of money. We want to keep delivering good services.

Disciplining debtor airlines
The Minister of Aviation, Mallam Isa Yuguda has declared to go hard on erring airlines that cut corners and those who owe the parastatals. That is not the point. Most of the claims of FAAN are bogus. They are not reconciling figures. If you say I owe you money, we have to agree on terms of the debt. Most of the claims are blackmail. We pay N50 million every month to FAAN and NCAA on charges. So it’s not a situation where one party rushes to the press to say airline a or b is owing. You have to hear the other party’s side. Is Virgin not owing in its country? Major carriers owe millions of dollars. The aircrafts they bring here are leased. They don’t belong to them. They’re wet leased. A wet lease is illegal. Under our regulation, you cannot start an operation with a wet lease. You can see that the Virgin Nigeria aircraft is on wet lease but if I go and bring a wet lease, you’ll tell me I can’t come. So what standard are you then preaching. The rules must be the same. They are driving us to the wall. It’s easier to bring a wet lease for B727 aircraft but because it’ll be against our regulation, we had to bring a dry lease.
I actually salute the minister for his efforts in sanitizing and standardizing the industry. You can continue to sanitize the industry and at the same time give good ones an opportunity to grow.

Virgin Nigeria plying domestic routes
The whole essence of bringing Virgin Nigeria into operation was to address the issue of capital flight. It was to come and operate against British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa, Alitalia, South Africa Airways, Emirates etc. and not to come and fly Lagos-Abuja. We’re already retaining our capital. Nigerians want a flag carrier. Nigerians are not complaining about flying Lagos-Abuja. There are about 30 flights going there. You can pick or choose where you want to sit. The reason why government floated a flag carrier is for the airline to be going where we have a disadvantage. It’s breach of memorandum of understanding. It’s slap on our face it shouldn’t be allowed. We are not holding these people to a level playing field.
There is no point asking Virgin to come and meet us in our market and yet we can’t go and meet them in their market. Where they are coming from is liberalized market. What is happening here cannot happen in the United Kingdom.

Management style
I believe in professionalism and it’s in the Bellview family. For our new operation, we trained five sets of crew. We have the infrastructure. We’re a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) clearing house. That’s part of professionalism.

2nd June 2005:ok:

GlobalFlyer
24th Jun 2005, 19:15
"Why can’t they ask the newspapers houses to merge? You don’t force people to come together or merge. You don’t put a gun in somebody’s head to make merger effective. If a business is successful, people will merge and pull resources together and achieve what we call economies of scale. There is no where in the world where you put consolidation ahead of designation or liberalization. How much consolidation has taken place in Africa. It’s still an evolving process. That is not a justification to bring Virgin into Nigeria."

Im not impressed and im not convinced. It sounds like Mr. Odukoya is constantly dwelling in the immediate past, not realizing that Virgin Nigeria is really here and will stay.

It's time Bellview starts thinking of ways to compete and protect its own interests, pro-actively rather than reacting negatively and constantly mobilizing the media against Virgin Nigeria.

I don't recall ONCE Mr. Odukoya mentioning anything about welcoming competition, either domestically or internationally. In contrast, Aero contractors has often made statements welcoming competition and the technical and managerial know-how Virgin Nigeria will introduce to the country.

I also disagree with what he says about mergers. In MOST cases, companies merge as a result of intense market pressure and adaptation. The pressure on existing private carriers is very high now, especially after VK's announcement of very competetive fares, and it only makes sense for them to react by joining forces to become stronger against VK. Mergers doesnt mean merging with any airline. Good mergers result from two airlines of similar product type and market, consolidating to merge. I dont see why Bellview and Sosoliso for example, shouldnt merge. They both have a relatively good reputation and their route networks fit nicely into one another (no duplication). Another example is Bellview and Overland. The merged carrier would offer something VK doesnt offer (regional coverage of the hinterlands), and hence what I meant in 'stronger'.

There's no doubt the governments policies havnt been exactly consistent and fair to everyone, but I just hope Mr. Odukoya can just show a bit more confidence in adapting to a new reality in the Nigerian airline industry.

PS: The above interview is a bit dated.

oneeyed
24th Jun 2005, 23:36
It's time Bellview starts thinking of ways to compete and protect its own interests, pro-actively rather than reacting negatively and constantly mobilizing the media against Virgin Nigeria.

Mhhhhhhhm - sonds like Mr. Virgin himself talking
because any unbiased oserver would have noticed that the Bellview CEO is critisizing governments - or the ministry's preferential treatment of the foreign carriers.

And the last thing the local operators need are additional seats between Lagos, Abuja and PHC when they can't even get a decent CLF with the presently operating fleets. I guess there Mr Virgin has missed a golden opportunity of co-operation with the locals.

Rani
25th Jun 2005, 07:55
B3 people know VGN is here to stay. I think Mr. Odukoya should be given some credit for defying all odds given the circumstances. Their relationship with GECAS is very good and they pay leases on time.

It's time for the ageing fleet of 737-200s to leave though. It's only a matter of weeks before the typical passenger on the domestic flights realize VGN's A320s are much more comfy and quite! Bellview's fares to ABV/PHC are about the same as VGN (for how long?).

Despite all of this, Bellview tries. VK's arrival should give them more incentive now to try harder especially in the area of punctuality, service, and technology.

surely not
25th Jun 2005, 08:51
Interestingly there are domestic routes in the UK where the introduction of a competitor was a spur to increased travel. The incumbents on the route squelaed and moaned before the extra airline was allowed on (I worked for one of them). They claimed that traffic would be diluted etc. In reality traffic grew on the route. proper competition meant more exciting yield control and promotions for the passengers.

Competition shouldn't be feared it should be welcomed. I'm sure Bellview would squeal if Aero or VGN wanted to compete on the Mumbai route.

Lets get on with life and maka a success of aviation in Nigeria

learr
25th Jun 2005, 15:39
Ok folks does anyone can tell if both 767 are flying and what kind of route (England, India, USA ???)

nothing on the website

Learr

Rani
25th Jun 2005, 16:14
Bellview is reportedly starting Lagos-Freetown-LHR on July 2nd. No trace of this service on OAG though. They were cleared for FNA-JNB, but there was no major PR about this, no firm dates either. Bellview also applied for Lagos-Washington DC but the application was rejected for unkown reasons. In any case, exciting times ahead for this proud airline. Let's hope they sustain those services.

Rani
27th Jun 2005, 18:06
Here is a photo of the 2nd 767 "Unity" passing though San Juan on the delivery flight:

http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00387364

Good luck Bellview!

learr
29th Jun 2005, 15:54
Any ideas on the salary for the 767 crew ??

Rani
30th Jun 2005, 06:33
London flights have been uploaded to the CRS with flights from Lagos to London Heathrow Terminal 2 via Freetown every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday. The flight is listed as 'a/c change enroute'. Could Bellview be operating the 737 to FNA and then an a/c change to a 767 or will the flight be in fact 767 all the way?? Anyone at B3 to shed some light?

GlobalFlyer
4th Jul 2005, 20:35
N805HE, "Unity", became 5N-BGG.

Any word on N806HE "Charity" and its new registration?

Gunship
11th Jul 2005, 10:08
Quote from FNA after Saturdays inaugral flight to FNA - Heathrow:

" Their first flight was spectacular. Great service, passenger handling and boarding procedures was best I have ever seen. Nice aircraft. Nice people. They will do well ".

Puritan
15th Jul 2005, 13:54
See also U.K. Visitors to Sierra Leone Finally Have a Choice of Airlines (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/7/inktomi258227.php)U.K. Visitors to Sierra Leone Finally Have a Choice of Airlines

Bellview Airlines (Sierra Leone) will start flying from July 9, 2005, with 3 days a week schedule flight from London Heathrow Terminal 2 to Freetown, Lungi airport.

(PRWEB) July 6, 2005 -- For years following the rebel war in Sierra Leone, visitors from the United Kingdom were limited to using one airline in order to travel direct to the country.

However, as confidence and business activity increases this is all about to change. VisitSierraLeone.org is proud to announce that visitors travelling on the London to Freetown route will finally get a choice of using another airline.

Bellview Airlines (Sierra Leone) will start flying from July 9, 2005, with 3 days a week schedule flight from London Heathrow Terminal 2 to Freetown, Lungi airport. The schedule flight departs London on Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays with baggage allowance at 40 kilos.

The flights will depart London Heathrow Terminal 2 on Wednesday at 10:00am arriving at Freetown international Airport at 16:15hrs and also on Saturday and Sunday at 21:00hrs arriving in Freetown at 3:00 a.m. the following day.

The return journey will depart Freetown on Tuesday at 15:00 hrs arriving in London at 21:25pm local time and also on Saturday and Sunday at 13:00hrs arriving at 19:00 hrs Local time.

Bellview Airlines currently flies into 13 destinations in 11 countries with 175 weekly flights.

Alex Davies from Atlantic Shipping and Travel Services, a leading travel agent for Sierra Leone said “I’m delighted at this development. Competition is great news for visitors and this is also an endorsement of the peace and stability in Sierra Leone. Bellview Airlines have provided excellent service with the regional flights and will no doubt be transferring that to the Freetown – London route.”

Another Airline -- First Line Air –- is expected to start operations on the same route in the coming months.

For more information please contact Bukky Ogbara at Bellview Airlines (SL) on 020 7372 3770 or visit http://www.visitsierraleone.org for a complete schedule of flights to Sierra Leone.

VisitSierraLeone.org is a comprehensive travel and tourism information resource for Sierra Leone.

What's Bellview's website address ? - the one listed previously doesn't seem to work ?!

GlobalFlyer
28th Jul 2005, 09:59
Hi,

Has the Bellview Airlines, Tuesday flight to Mumbai been cancelled due to the storm flooding there?

Gunship
28th Jul 2005, 10:26
From Rani : They were cleared for FNA-JNB, but there was no major PR about this, no firm dates either.

I really wish them luck in obtaining this route (especially via ACC) as it is obvious that SAA will have potsa problems in the very near future !

Cheers,

Gunsss

ZAZOO
27th Sep 2005, 23:06
Had to bring this one out again fella's ;)

Any info on Bellview :) how is it going with the bluetail these days.

Saw the 767 in London, looked good eh

Zaz

soups
28th Sep 2005, 21:12
Spotted their 767 in LOS and there were some maintenance going on on the port engine.... more pics available on request
Sorry for bad quality taken from VK flight (Dirty window)
http://myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00457625&size=large

BALEWA
29th Sep 2005, 03:28
Nice one mate, looks good.

Some weather there in the background :uhoh:

ZAZOO
30th Sep 2005, 17:57
Nice pix soups :ok:

Could someone give me Bellviews departure dates from London, thinking of flying to lagos with them next week.

Zazoo

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 14:15
Do anyone know if the accident caused a drop in pax on their International routes ?

ZAZOO
29th Oct 2005, 18:49
International Flights doing quite well, really no change on the pax flow on those routes.

Hi Guns

Gunship
30th Oct 2005, 07:22
FNA also reports an upsurge in pax.

Silly season has started as we are getting full to UK and Europe on most airlines / charters.

Cheers,

Gunss

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2005, 11:20
Its out and about town that Bellview airlines is on track with their plans since may this year to bring in their aircrafts into the country, I gather the 737/320 will be arriving in a matter of days!

While I am proud of the continued efforts of the Bluetail company in advancing the standered of their fleet, even with the sad events that occured lately et al, I must say I worry about the machines they are looking at.

I feel strongly that they should stick to the A320 and actually as they plan by 2007 convert the whole fleet to A320. In doing this they will also convert our local boys and for once and for all break this myth about Airbus in Nigeria .....bla bla bla. If there is one domestic operator who can do it then I think Bluetail Should.

So Mr. CEO if you are reading this thread Zazoo says go Airbus mate and all the way, you will not loose.

What do you think guys 737-!!! or A320.

GlobalFlyer
21st Nov 2005, 12:35
Zazoo,

It sounds like you aren't sure if it is Airbus or Boeing and if it is a classic 737 or a Next Generation.

It's also strange these aircraft are being introduced in a few days with little being known/heard about what has been ordered, the source and the types.

In any case, I hope they add the 737-700 as it will offer some kind of cockpit commonality with the operated 737-200s and therefore, perhaps funds will be saved in training/converting the pilots.

Good luck to Bellview!

vfenext
21st Nov 2005, 13:17
I hope they add the 737-700 as it will offer some kind of cockpit commonality with the operated 737-200s Either you are having a laugh with that statement or you have never seen a 737NG cockpit!

Rani
21st Nov 2005, 14:19
I Would advise B3 to consider economies of scale first, before embarking on costly 737-700 acquisitions/leases. Why not get good rates from GECAS on 737-300/400/500s. Get 10+ of those and really boost frequencies and widen the network, to feed/complement long haul flights. It can become a sort of private ET-type carrier in West Africa, competitive product for competitive prices. Innovative+daring routes.
Also Bellview is badly in need of a foreign technical partner. SAA perhaps, maybe LH or BA. Not happening before Bellview takes professionalism to the next level.

Revnetwork
21st Nov 2005, 14:35
It would be nice to have some other Nigerian carrier introducing newer aircraft, but as Rani says I don' think that's all that's needed to take B3 et al to the next level.

I think the problem with Nigerian aviation is that the airlines themselves haven't taken the initiative to introduce new technology unless it's been forced on them by government - not just in aircraft, but training, systems etc. During the recent unfortunate events with B3, an airline I'm closely acquainted with was asked by the authorities to help supply pax name lists as the one B3 had was not reliable - why?

Good luck to B3 whatever aircraft they choose. All the better for the airline industry as a whole. Hopefully, VK's arrival and B3's fleet modernisation will give everyone else a kick up the backside.

GlobalFlyer
21st Nov 2005, 15:10
Revnetwork,

Glad to see you're back mate!

I fully agree about the need for pro-active technology transfer into the aviation sector. But to be fair to the operators, one must consider the monumental challenges of finance with which they must contend, and more creatively.

Overland studied their market well and presented a complete package to the banks. It's no surprise that they got a US EXIM Bank loan to finance their Beechcraft fleet.

There is(was?) the issue of small, weak banks unable to finance the Nigerian airline industry. I think innovations such as above can also rely on a newly consolidated banking sector, able and willing to invest in serious long-term air transport projects.

A major problem with Nigerian airline operators is attitude. Good, professional pesentation is alien to them. Invest a kobo, you get a kobo reputation ! :} :} :}

vfenext:
Correction: Boeing 737-700 would afford common manufacturer
benefits. NG cockpit is a another ballpark. excuse my hasty comment :ok:

ZAZOO
21st Nov 2005, 15:14
GBF, I know for sure its not the 737 classics they have in mind, that would be a joke.

Just been told that its a 737-300/4/5 arriving and also an A320 to boost the west and east african routes, which is what they seem to want to focus on seriously (dont blame them) for now.

All the same I think its a great move, also keep in mind that the big fish on the bluetail board has always come true to most of the news concerning bluetail airlines.... remember our discuss here regarding the 767 Rani, well, lets just wait and see.

To all the folks at Bluetail and especialy the crews keep that bluetail flying and bon chance a tous mes amis pilotes a Bellview, vous et tous des brave gens.

Zazoo

femialpha
21st Nov 2005, 16:53
Like Rani said, B3 and other airlines need to incorporate economies of scale into their planning. Nigerian airlines however need to consolidate their services by mergers and acquisition in order to have the leverage to get the discounted deals from GECAS and others.

It is also high time Nigerian airlines seek technical partnerships from more established operators. Considering the high number of boeing aircraft in the country, there is no reason why a full service maintenance hangar can't be built that will effective serve the West African sub-region.

Rani
21st Nov 2005, 17:10
A new private (underline private) maintenance facility+airport, which would be able to accomodate two 747-400 size aircraft, is under construction and slated for completion in Dec. 2006. Fingers crossed. Although the much-respected DynCorp of the USA is involved.

The site is Uyo, Akwa Ibom (surprisingly). That is a little town by Nigerian standards. The governor in question is hoping to transform his state by building a one-of-a-kind facility in his own state, which currently lacks an airport.

http://www.dyn-intl.com/subpage.aspx?id=59

If I'm not mistaken, this new airport will be very close PHC and CBQ, both of which leave much to be desired.

femialpha
22nd Nov 2005, 13:06
Hopefully, this project will buck the trend and be completed in time! Any ideas from our Nigerian based buddies if this project has actually taken off?

skygod
23rd Nov 2005, 17:40
Best equipment in my opinion for blue tail the B737-400. This is putting into account Airline economics. easier conversions for all blue tails pilots (1 week) most engrs have the 3/4/5 type,and of course the CFM 56, 1 of the most reliable engines ever built. We all wanna fly A-320's but look the financial overview its much more expensive to train all the pilots/ engr/ cabin crew all over again for at least 4 weeks. wishing blue tail all the bes...t

skygod
zazzo welcome !!!!!

ZAZOO
12th Dec 2005, 16:40
Looks like the latest aircraft to join the Bluetail Fleet is about to touchdown in Abuja any moment from now.

Gather the crew already in Abuja for the last week preparing for operations. News is that the airplane will be based in Abuja.

Kudos to Bluetail and keep this spirit going :cool:

Anyone with news on the Airbuses!!!

Zazoo

Wats up SkyGod we having a drink soon or what:ok: owe you a few pints :}

HappyPilot
12th Dec 2005, 16:54
Zazoo,

what aircraft is it mate? Make and model please if you know. Cheers.

HP

NIJASEA
15th Dec 2005, 14:39
Gentlemen,
Great to hear Blue Tail is getting new gear we need to be looking forward in the country....:ok:
I have a couple of querries on the issue that hopefully someone can answer.. 1) where will the finance come to maintain the aircraft?
2) operators are crying the fares are too low where will the money come from to pay the lease?
3) what ratio of Aircraft to Crew will be used this time on an advanced fleet ( coz tired crew can make mistakes on inputing info into the FMS..... Garbage in garbage out)...

I would like to point out with no disrespect to anyone that the first thing to suffer in this situation is generally maintainance and i believe try as an operator wants there have to be sacrifices on the part of the budget as no one runs a charity airline in Nigeria.

I wish Blue Tail a GREAT future and may they always FLY with a tail wind.:cool:

abujaflyer
21st Dec 2005, 08:03
Local radio have announced that Bellview has had their operating licence withdrawn. Now it is only Virgin Nigeria and Aero flying. Good to see Mr President taking such decisive action.

Rani
21st Dec 2005, 08:40
IMO The Presidents actions (and immature shouting, slapping, and disrespecting of people) on NTA last week only shows this man's true colours. He is simply incapabable of understanding that an industry as critical as aviation needs high calibre individuals with technical background to run it safely, let alone efficiently.

By grounding Bellview, he is making a big, unjustifiable goof. Where is the proof that Bellview failed to maintain its fleet properly?

The Nigerian economy is now paralyzed, Virgin and Aero do not serve over 10 other secondary airports. Besides one of Virgin's A320s is grounded and there is no relief in sight for the thousands of intending passengers!

The right action was necessary from the onset: relieving the minister of aviation from his duties. Perhaps OBJ was touched by Borishade's tears at the Jesuit church in Abuja. What a fool! :*

jirginsama
21st Dec 2005, 08:45
Please what is the implication of this development on bellview's operations as the national carrier of sierra leone? and also its service to india?

I posted this on another thread but didnt get answers!

Rani
21st Dec 2005, 08:56
Not sure if Bellview SL uses a Nigerian AOC.

The facts are:

* Bellview local AOC has been suspended.
* Bellview cancelled its London flights, with hundreds of pax stranded at LHR.

"Soups" could verify if their ops at ACC have also been suspended.

Soups, any input?

abujaflyer
21st Dec 2005, 10:15
VK flying normal schedule. Have heard that Bellview had 2 other incidents between crash and Accra incident but did not report them. Not exactly the actions of a responsible carrier. Compare that with VK who take an aircraft out of service to ensure proper maintenance.

soups
21st Dec 2005, 10:34
Just called ACC airport they said ALL B3 flights are cancelled today

jirginsama
21st Dec 2005, 11:35
Bluetail had a golden oppurtunity.Was it badluck or the nigerian factor that has brought bellview down?
Before the lisa crash, nobody imagined that bluetail will become blacktail:sad:

It is now VK versus Aero:zzz:

GlobalFlyer
22nd Dec 2005, 12:51
Zazoo,

Is the license revocation and grounding permanent? Were there really 2 incidents that were illegally unreported to the local aviation authorities between the Lisa crash and the Accra incident??

Any update is appreciated.

ZAZOO
22nd Dec 2005, 12:53
Hi Happypilot I gather its a -300 ;)

NIJASEA Maybe you should be asking VK the same question eh:p but just to give you a fair answer the Bluetail has a fair amount of pax on the coastal routes and tend to make good income when it comes to plying those routes!

Zazoo

PS: GATHER A SMALL DELAY ON THE ARRIVAL OF THE AIRCRAFT BUT SHOULD BE IN ABUJA THIS WEEKEND AND GUESS WHO WILL BE ON IT!:ok: :ok: :ok:

ZAZOO
22nd Dec 2005, 13:13
GlobalFlyer Hi,

The answer on your first question is yes.

About, Were there really 2 incidents that were illegally unreported to the local aviation authorities between the Lisa crash and the Accra incident, well that is not true at all.

I know of one and can confidently tell you that is the only one incident till the Accra scenario, and it happened in Lagos and the machine was grounded by the authorities and later released after undergoing repairs and checks on the B Hydraulic system, we even operated that service with another aircraft that morning, just as we dispatched another aircraft to Accra asap to move the passengers onwards on their journey before we got this notice of revoking bluetails license.

Zazoo

GlobalFlyer
22nd Dec 2005, 15:23
So IS BELLVIEW OVER?!?!?!?

skygod
22nd Dec 2005, 16:41
Hi guys,
Walked on the ramp the other day, saw all blue tails Airplanes grounded. What a very sad senario to be in. Blue tail will get airborne once again. This time with lots of caution. If not in nigeria then SL. Cant imagine that a hydraulic leak will cause all this trauma 4 Blue tail.
African regional Carrier of the year 2004.
IATA International clearing house.
13 year Accident Free record
13 destinations on the west coast
2 intercontinetal

All that cant go in vain. Wishing BLUE TAIL all the best. BLUE TAIL DOESNT DESERVE ALL THIS.

surely not
22nd Dec 2005, 17:38
Now I am totally confused............... there is another thread saying that Bluetail is grounded and had its operating licence revoked, then you are talking of flying a new aircraft type into service???

How can this paradox be?

GlobalFlyer
22nd Dec 2005, 17:42
SN:

RIGHT ON !!!!

I do believe, however, that Bellview will go ahead in delivering the -300 with the hope that it will convince the authorities that:

1- Bellview means business
2- The -300 is a "new" plane
3- Bellview maintenance program is acceptable.

Bellview is a major player and the suspension of its AOC is only temporary, at least i hope! Otherwise 800 people are jobless with immediate effect, not to mention the negative multiplyer effect on everyone.

jirginsama
23rd Dec 2005, 08:04
the license revocation has been changed to suspension

ZAZOO
29th Dec 2005, 16:04
SKYGOD,

You fool :{ :{ wipe off those tears and get your ass up in the air ere you belong we aint going anywhere for now believe me :ok: :ok: much to the chagrin of some punters who are baking in their so called hot kitchen.

By the way we should meet up for New Years Eve SKYGOD what ya say geezer.

Zaz

ZAZOO
29th Dec 2005, 16:09
:D :D :D

Ooooooooohhh yaaawnnnn:bored: :bored:

surely not
29th Dec 2005, 16:50
sorry Zazoo are you tired? Is that from waiting for the new aircraft to appear, or the comments on here?

ZAZOO
29th Dec 2005, 17:23
Hhhmmmm :eek: oh its you SN, u sneaky devil! naw me ok just taking a nap after a long flight!

Was real calm over the west coast today apart from good ol bluetail.

By the way Merry Christmas SN and hope to see ya in the new year:p and all the best with VK:ok:

surely not
29th Dec 2005, 17:36
Best wishes to you as well Zazoo, and I hope that 2006 is a good one for you.
If we do meet up I dare say a pint might be in order :D

haughtney1
2nd Jan 2006, 17:57
Saw a Bellview 767-200 on the ramp at FRA a couple of weeks back..nice from a distance, tatty close up. Shame about tje whole business..but..safety above all else, and dealing with the "west Africa" factor must be paramount

ChiefT
6th Jan 2006, 11:36
Nigeria Allows Some Grounded Airlines To Fly
December 23, 2005

Two of three Nigerian airlines grounded after a series of deadly crashes were allowed to resume flying some of their fleet on Friday, easing the strain for travelers eager to avoid dangerous and violent roads.

Sosoliso, which lost a plane in a December 10 crash that killed 106 people, is allowed to fly two of its four remaining aircraft, while Chanchangi, another private Nigerian carrier, can operate six out of its eight planes, a new Nigerian aviation task force said.

"They are cleared to fly on condition that those (four) planes stay on the ground," said Ibrahim Usman, secretary of a task force set up by President Olusegun Obasanjo just after the Sosoliso crash to carry out urgent aviation reforms.

The Sosoliso crash at Port Harcourt Airport in the south of Nigeria killed about 50 children from a school in the capital Abuja who were on their way home for the Christmas break. An investigation is ongoing into the cause of the crash.

The disaster came just seven weeks after a plane operated by another Nigerian carrier, Bellview, crashed shortly after take-off from Lagos killing all 117 people on board. There has been no official word on the cause of that crash.

Bellview was grounded on Tuesday and it has not yet been given clearance to fly, Usman said, adding that an audit of its operations was under way.

The interruptions in flights by the three airlines have thrown the Christmas travel rush in Africa's most populous country into chaos, with rowdy crowds besieging the sales desks of those airlines still flying. Fights have broken out as ticket queues have bulged.

Nigerians who can afford to are keen to fly home for Christmas rather than go by road, because of a seasonal increase in highway attacks by armed robbers who want to get their hands on cash and gifts people take home.

Obasanjo has sacked several senior aviation officials as part of an emergency shake-up of the industry ordered after the Sosoliso crash.

Nigeria's air transport sector has grown rapidly in the past decade but most of the commercial fleet is second hand and over 20 years old. The president said the sector was tainted by corruption and corners were being cut in all parts of the system.

(Reuters)

Engine Noise
17th Jan 2006, 15:34
bellview has announced the arrival of the 737-300 along with the expat crew. Has any one seen it?And will bellview now resume the lagos-kano route?

ZAZOO
17th Jan 2006, 18:18
Just been told its arriving tomorrow afternoon :) about time too me tired of waiting as well!
Was told by a senior official the arrival was delayed due to painting and also the poor turnout of pax during the yelutide season, :rolleyes: yeah, but happy to hear its now a go and should be in Lagos or Abuja!

Also still talking about the new A320 fleet, hope thats gonna pull through also, cos it woud be nice !

Well fingers crossed and hope for the best this time around:ok:

By the way was anybody in this forum in Monrovia on sunday afternoon flying a HS125 executive with 5N reg :cool: would like to meet up cos you ere just hilarious with the tower controller man, I was just laughing all through my descent.

Zazoo

YUCCY
17th Jan 2006, 21:53
That Boeing 737-300 is aircraft owned by JAT Airways Serbia flag airline. I know cause i saw it few days ago in their maintenance hangar painted in very nice Bluetail colour scheme ready to go. I have no idea wheather is it leased or bought but i kind of think the first one, cause JAT has long history of doing same deals with Nigerian companys. Btw. DC9 of Sosoliso that crashed few months ago was ex JAT airplane.

Cheers Alex

abujaflyer
18th Jan 2006, 15:53
I have heard that Bellview are currently unable to pay their fuel bills and have over US$7million outstanding plus staff were paid their December salaries very late. Zazoo have you heard anything?

ZAZOO
18th Jan 2006, 18:54
Hello YUCCY, Long time my friend :) I got your email and will get back to you very soon about your question just let me do some enquiries ;) !!!

Your quite right the aircraft is here in Abuja, saw it on arrival in Abuja this morning from lagos with buetails morning flight its very pretty as u say and we are quite delighted here at bluetail. Here at last :ok:

I hope Buetail will move in this direction its a thumbs up for the management, hopefully they will stick to their side of the bargain and prosper.

Zazoo:D :D

Cessnafan
18th Jan 2006, 18:57
Its not clever to fly in Africa without being paid in advance, that goes for operators and pilots.

ZAZOO
18th Jan 2006, 18:59
:eek: :eek: $7,000,000 :eek: :eek:

oh man whats next on the dont fly Bellview bashing agenda AF :rolleyes:

Hi Guns ;)

fly2fly
19th Jan 2006, 00:08
Does anybody know if Bellview is back in the air???

Gunship
19th Jan 2006, 04:22
Does anybody know if Bellview is back in the air???

Yeah mate they are flying again. The above post by CHIEFT can be misleading ( I think that is why he put the dates there).

You will see in my post below it was posted 30 Dec that they are back flying again. Chief T quoted a piece on 6 Jan 06 that was written on 23 Dec 05.

So yes they are definately flying again.

See HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202173)

Flying Touareg
19th Jan 2006, 12:40
bellview has placed an advert today seeking for 767 and 737-200typerated captains and F/Os.

Flying Touareg
1st Feb 2006, 13:12
Is it true that bellview's 733 was the same 733 used by aero before?

Rani
1st Feb 2006, 19:46
Confirmed.
The a/c registration is YU-ANV and is the same aircraft previously leased to AERO prior to October 2005.

ZAZOO
12th Feb 2006, 15:22
Whats up guys and how we all doing on the west coast of good ol mama Africa!

by the way must say its busy in the area these days and wish you all happy flights joo :D

Rani
21st Apr 2006, 13:22
Amadeus CRS shows a weekly Bellview Airlines flight (B3 272) leaving Lagos on Mondays, routing LOS-Freetown-Dubai-Mumbai (India).

Return route ie Mumbai-Dubai-Lagos-Freetown. The other weekly flight to Mumbai is unchanged (LOS-BOM-LOS).

ZAZOO, any truth to this? Probably flying as Bellview Sierra Leone? start-dates?

ZAZOO
21st Apr 2006, 21:45
Hi Rani, yep Dubai is on :ok: but !!!

PM you saturday evening with details.

Zazoo

skycaptain81
24th May 2006, 15:21
BELLVIEW a.k.a "BLUETAIL"(Hope I got it correct this time, Mr Zazoo no disrespect intended)has been running adverts for captains and first officers twice a month in all the national dailies for the past 2 months now.I was wondering if they wouldn't be saving some cash by changing their policy on not type rating their pilots and train a few pilots.Instead of placing weekly adverts for crew whom they do not seem to be recruiting.
Let me know your thoughts fellow Ppruners.

ZAZOO
24th May 2006, 15:36
Hi SkyCaptain81,

Employed a few though and they are undergoing line training as we speak!!!:ok:

Flying Touareg
24th May 2006, 16:23
zazoo,
are they locals or expats?

18left
24th May 2006, 17:21
does he really have a choice,half his crew attended interviews in aero and virgin and arik,but have any virgin or aero pilots applied to bluetail?
if only they would treat us like human beings for once they would not be having this high turn over of pilots,and i shudder at the quality of pilots cos we all know where the best hands are or are headed to ;vna,arik and aero
good luck kay i think you will need plenty!

GlobalFlyer
8th Jun 2006, 15:09
Nigeria’s Bellview to replace 737 fleet with A320s
Nigerian carrier Bellview Airlines is to begin replacing its fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft with Airbus A320s from the end of this year. Bellview Airlines managing director Kayode Odukoya disclosed the plan during the IATA Annual General Meeting in Paris. He declines to reveal the source of the jets but says that they will be leased, with deliveries beginning in the fourth quarter of 2006 and continuing to September next year. The engine type is unclear.
Full Article from Airline Business
http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles...+replace+737+fleet+with+A320s.html
Meanwhile, have some of the 737-200s been returned to the lessor GECAS? Port Harcourt service was reported as discontinued in The Tide. Any news?

18left
11th Jun 2006, 10:22
now that you mention it i have not heard them going into phc in a while and it seems douala as well

Rani
11th Jun 2006, 12:01
I was in Dubai airport on Friday evening, noticed their 22:00 departure to Freetown/Lagos was cancelled.

NIJASEA
12th Jun 2006, 08:17
I find it quite interesting that bluetail is giving line trainning to a few new pilots to my knowledge its only 1 pilot in trainning. I realise that bluetail looses pilots frequently to other operators and they initially trainned a few crew and most have moved on, i think bluetail should look at the reason for the quick turnover rather than wait for crew to type themselves then offer them a job coz being an ex-bluetail myself i find it a great trainning ground and it lets you build your hours quickly:E .WE ALL KNOW THE PROBLEM( guys find the a solution, u are a beacon in nigerian aviation. changing fleets wont solve the problem).
IF THEY CHANGE TO A320 WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE 737 CREW AND WILL THEY TYPE CREW?
GOODLUCK BLUETAIL(may the wind always be at your back).:ok:

ZAZOO
15th Jun 2006, 11:12
!!!QUOTE FROM 18LEFT!!!
''i shudder at the quality of pilots cos we all know where the best hands are or are headed to ;vna,arik and aero
good luck kay i think you will need plenty!''

funny you put it that way 18left, kindda makes me wonder what kindda fella you must be!!! I will not take offense cos I still dorn my blue shirt in the morning to go fly for Bluetail.

The simple scenario about what is going on with pilots in Nigeria and comments like yours made and blurted out in this manner will soon reveal itself bientot and those of us who just want to be aviators and fly cos we just have it in us, will, maybe, make our reserved comments or observations as the case might be.
Flying for AERO, ARIK OR VNA as the case may be is not the peak of aviation you know old boy. The aviation world is so vast and interesting and maybe some of us will not accept to be limited around LAG!!! Take a good look ol chap:)

On a more interesting note as it concerns the A320 arrival, well, I think global flyer nailed it, as that is the position of that issue now and for those pilots who are maybe Airbus inclined, well maybe this is the place to be.

The question, if they are serious or will they really put the Airbus fleet together well I think my response to that would be to look back at the Bluetail 767 forums, how it all started and ended!!!

Regards and warm wishes to all,
Zaz

:ugh: darn now where did I put my -300/400/500 typerating folder been 2yrs now;)

Rani
15th Jun 2006, 12:14
ZAZOO,
Bellview is down to 3 x daily to Abuja and suspended PHC and Douala. Dubai flights never took off. What's going on, because it looks like a pilot migration problem. Surely B3 management have a plan, otherwise they will find it tough to source pilots for their A320s (if ever delivered).

Flying Touareg
15th Jun 2006, 13:08
daily flights to Kano have also been suspended

ZAZOO
15th Jun 2006, 20:45
You are both partially correct, but let me be frank guys this is not due to shortage of crew believe me the crew are available.

And Rani, I operated Douala yesterday and returned this morning to Lagos via PHC, and bluetail have been operating DLA-LBV regularly Sir, actualy I think from my log here looks like I have been operating most of them.

Yes PHC and KAN have been removed from the daily schedule, but Bluetail should resume all flights in the next few days, with the arrival of aircrafts from Addis!!!

And remember guys Bluetails $000,000,000 is the West Coast sector and that is going on as usual, even with our well known delays:ugh:

Cheers

alghaita ganga
15th Jun 2006, 21:38
ZAZOO,
You are correct when you talk of the delays of Bellview - they are a disgrace and make Bellview in my eyes just like Cameroon Air used to be. I have never been on time on a Bellview flight and they never to inform their passengers what is happening. It is for that I will fly with VN or Aero and will try Arik, even if they cost more. Bellview need to service their customer, not just their route network:=

GlobalFlyer
16th Jun 2006, 05:49
Yes PHC and KAN have been removed from the daily schedule, but Bluetail should resume all flights in the next few days, with the arrival of aircrafts from Addis!!!

This is what Bellview should avoid, a practice by other local airlines where flight schedules and bookings are disrupted because of 'maintenance'. Aircraft should be replaced temporarily by wet-lease arrangements or similar to minimize any passenger inconvenience. This is a MUST on long haul flights to London and Mumbai.
Seems like Bellview has light years to go to catch up in customer service. I just hope they can do something before it's too late and the rest of the passengers defect to the new carriers.

ZAZOO
19th Jun 2006, 13:04
I agree guys!
But what can I say, a year ago we ere the early birds and nicknamed ''NO DELAY'' but its not easy, Bluetail has been through a lot and we are moving in on all these issues.

Its good to see that people have these concerns!!!:D

No Globalflyer it will not take Bluetail Lightyears to get back in Gear :=

Zazoo ''striker''

alghaita ganga
26th Jul 2006, 22:00
Well I find Bellview still the same, no improvement. I try to purchase a ticket from Douala to Port Harcourt as advertise on their website, but they have cancel the flight, even though he is still there on internet. To try to book online like they advertise on their website, impossible. Is there nobody, like Arik willing to run small, cheap, reliable aircraft to keep service going to leas profitable destination?

ZAZOO
29th Jul 2006, 20:18
Absolutly Rubbish:= whats going on here alghaita ganga!!!!! we operate that schedule and actually I did a few of them myself.

Had to divert last thursday before last could not land in Prt Harcourt due to a massive weather activity in the area, came with 96 Prt Harcourt Bound pax, fixed them on our 1pm flight to PrtHarcourt and that was it.

You lie here and delibrately too.

'' there nobody, like Arik willing to run small, cheap, reliable aircraft to keep service going to leas profitable destination?
19th June 2006 14:04

You want to fly B3 from Douala to Port then for Gods sake go to our counter in the airport and buy a ticket like my 96pax all did:D

Rubbish

airsupremacy
29th Jul 2006, 21:05
Its out and about town that Bellview airlines is on track with their plans since may this year to bring in their aircrafts into the country, I gather the 737/320 will be arriving in a matter of days!

While I am proud of the continued efforts of the Bluetail company in advancing the standered of their fleet, even with the sad events that occured lately et al, I must say I worry about the machines they are looking at.

I feel strongly that they should stick to the A320 and actually as they plan by 2007 convert the whole fleet to A320. In doing this they will also convert our local boys and for once and for all break this myth about Airbus in Nigeria .....bla bla bla. If there is one domestic operator who can do it then I think Bluetail Should.

So Mr. CEO if you are reading this thread Zazoo says go Airbus mate and all the way, you will not loose.

What do you think guys 737-!!! or A320.

Frankly,
i'll nod at the b737/320 rather than the airbus a320, it's been established that maintaining the b737-300 is slight cheaper that the a320,"and like we know in Nigeria, that word "slightly" could be the determining factor for the survival of any airline over time. I hear even virgin Nigeria will be facing out their a320's in favour of the boeing soon.

Transition training will be cheaper,like they say fly one airbus and you've flown all the series i.e from the a320-a380 (cockpit commonnality) same applies to the boeings, the cockpits may be different (regular or the glass cockpit) but same stuffs like the hydraulic systems, eletrical systems etc are about the same.

Moving from the 737-200 to other series will make them benefit from economies of scale. besides that, bellview surffered a loss not too far away, one would expect them to tread with more caution, frankly i respect that airline, against many odds, they have stood the test of time. They deserve a standing ovation:D

Let's not ask an A320 to do the job of a Boeing 737-300...and that's not to say i don't love the a320, i do:ok:

Speevy
30th Jul 2006, 00:45
Frankly,

Let's not ask an A320 to do the job of a Boeing 737-300...and that's not to say i don't love the a320, i do:ok:

That's why Ezyjet moved from 737-300 to 737-700 to A319, but who knows maybe in Europe things are different....

Speevy

alghaita ganga
30th Jul 2006, 13:37
Do not you dare call me liar Mr Zazoo, it is you who are a liar! :mad: :mad: I am the one who is now booked on flight from Douala to Lagos next Thursday, because it is your airline office which tell me not possible to fly Douala to Port Harcourt Wednesday even though it is on your website http://www.flybellviewair.com/FlightSchedule/westcoast_Schedule.asp?destinationID=DOUALA%20-%20PORT%20HARCOURT so I have purchase ticket to fly to Lagos next Thursday. :mad: :mad: :mad: Booking on the website, like they advertise is impossible. :mad: :mad: At the office they say flight is Douala to Lagos. I ask why it take more than 2 hours if is not via Port Harcourt, and they tell me I have to fly to Lagos and then catch flight to Port Harcourt. For sure I will not fly from Lagos to Port Harcourt with Bellview. Nobody want to fly to Port Harcourt from Douala any more. Virgin have also stop flight between Douala and Port Harcourt. I hope Arik will be a good airline and keep some route open using small, economical airplane if it is no economical for big jet. I will not be surprise if my flight from Douala is late as usual. :yuk: :mad: :mad: :mad:. Also if Bellview is so good and say they have Galileo booking system, why can one not book a flight from Lagos in your Port Harcourt office? Last time I try am told I have to purchase my ticket in Lagos. Bellview is typical of too many airline in this country. They were okay a few years ago, but now like all, are slipping. I hope that just for once, Arik will be different.

GlobalFlyer
30th Jul 2006, 14:56
Bellview,

Thank you for screwing up your 'e-booking' function. We've waited a whole year for a website to come online, and now that it finally did, the core e-booking function is dsyfunctional. Of course other web material is poor with nothing new to fuss about.

And you wonder why Nigeria's government is being very selective in designating local airlines on long haul flights!!! AON, just shut up because YOU'RE next in the reforms movement :mad:

alghaita ganga
3rd Aug 2006, 10:17
Zazoo,
Seem like the only ones who are screwed up are your booking people, but they are the one who we come into contact with, so you need to tell your company to get on to some of this people at the front of house. However, happy to say the flight left Douala on time this morning and it land first at Port Harcourt, so I juts got off here. Maybe thing will be better. :ok:

AVSEC
8th Aug 2006, 11:00
My problem with Bellview,is that I cannot understand why a supposedly African owned airline does not use African aviation security services specialists,but chooses to use a foreign based company and still incurr heavy fines from inadmissible cases on its london route.

This is despite the fact that all the heavy hitters that compete against it use these other options that are indigenous to their operating location, and have over 70% less cases than it does as inadmissibles.

Bellview from accra is always uncertain as to what time it will arrive or leave,no info on the airline on info screens in the airport terminal until late.
When flights are delayed in LOS,it takes quite some time before staff of the airline pass on info to pax.
I must however say that the bellview accra manager has the best customer services skills I have seen in a long time.

VK is just as bad because it never leaves on time and there are hoorible sounds one hears from the hydraulics before take off in their horrible aircrafts where the seat recliners are always deffective.

Aero I have no complaint what so ever with,and their staff are so professional.Would love to provide services for them.That is an airline.

NIJASEA
8th Aug 2006, 21:32
Avsec thanks for clearing up the fact that to have a near fine free flight you need a local security firm which i dont think you work for: As for all you bluetail bashers you try operating with unfair advantages given to your competitors when bluetail was running as well as any low cost operator in the world why not give them london:usa:dubai etc yet an airline on its first year and one that doesnt have an aircraft yet(sorry its in the uk fat load of good it does for us there) has routes most airlines would love and dont say they got the US coz its almost TOO LITTLE TOO LATE. I wish all the airlines the best. AVSEC before you insult VN aircraft where were you when we were using flying wrecks in our airspace..
Zazoo no need to get into an argument with someone who doesnt know what it takes to hold an airline together for more than 13years keep it up:ok:

AVSEC
10th Aug 2006, 20:51
Hey hold it.Just saying things as they are.VK has issues. we required a National carrier that advertised world standards as the reason why other indigenous airlines were not to be considered for the lucrative protected routes they were given, and WT was consigned to the dustbin of history.

We did not expect substandard aircraft to be used.

Bellview operates to the UK via Sierra leone and have a huge inadmissible pax problem.This does not mean that they do not have an improving service,and I for one continued to use them after the crash in Ogun state,and accident in Accra as I travelled around west africa on business.

However like VK they have issues around late arrivals and no announcements during problems to pax, and this ultimately pushed me into using Aero contractors which I must admit is a superior classier service.
Just saying it as it is.
Local aviation security service providers do not incurr the fines your Swiss based provider have had.Also most of them are paying any fines incurred which your provider despite their avoidable mistakes do not.Also they are more affordable.Not just you,they are having these problems elsewhere.
Now whose being fair when looking out for services providers.

surely not
11th Aug 2006, 12:39
Avsec, what is sub standard about the VK aircraft?? You been sniffing dodgy substances again?

Clean, modern, well maintained....what is your issue?

AVSEC
12th Aug 2006, 23:18
Surely not,dont get personal.
VK aircraft seats are abysmal.The inflight service is substandard.
The sandwiches are horrible,and cups of drink unforgivable for what is supposed to be a world class airline.
I and other people I am close to expected something more appealing.
The ugly hydraulic sounds comming from the plane,has scared pax just before take off.

surely not
13th Aug 2006, 00:04
Avsec I don't agree with your comments re the seats. In what way are they so bad? The leg room is excellent, the seats are plenty comfortable enough for flights of up 2 hrs, and the cabin crew smile and don't grunt at the pax or ignore them completely!!

The catering is an issue for most airlines ex Lagos as the choice is limited and for soem reason good bread is difficult to obtain. I still prefer the sandwiches to the stale and dry doughnuts or cake on the other airlines.

From your comments re the Hydraulic noise I think you have only flown on the A320's, one of which did have a short period where the hydraulics made a noise that was unusual....................but perfectly safe.

Who else have you flown with? Your comments seem very biased. Do you work for one of the other airlines?

anjouan
13th Aug 2006, 15:51
Why is the catering an issue for most airlines out of lagos? Thet seem to manage okay on the international flights?

AVSEC
16th Aug 2006, 14:38
surely not,why do they always leave late,despite refusing more pax boarding after a particular time.
I am usually on my way to acc for a meeting,to return on bellview the same day,and VK lateness has had me apologising for over forty minutes lateness,where I should have arrived in time to waste over an hour before hiring a car to leave for my meeting.

Majority of people on acc route are going to return the same day.why such delays?

GlobalFlyer
16th Aug 2006, 15:54
AVSEC,
I've stayed out of this so far. But I can't keep silent on your latest allegation.
To say VK is consistently late on the Accra route is absurd. Their ontime performance is commendable with the afternoon flight CONSISTENTLY arriving around 15:10, 5 minutes ahead of schedule!

It is Bellview that should be ashamed of its on-time performance, and no VK. Also, Bellview planes are filthy, excuse my French.

AVSEC
17th Aug 2006, 13:53
Global flyer I have been using both more times than I care to remember this year on the acc route,and VK is consistently late not Bellview necessarily.
Used bellview 0700am flighs which akways left at least by 0720am,but VK meant to leave at 1455pm normally wont leave until 1535pm or even later some times.
This is my experience while on business trips where time means money and i have consistently lost time and money.

GlobalFlyer
17th Aug 2006, 15:09
AVSEC Since you mentioned the necessity to arrive punctually in-time for meetings, VK factors in 20 minutes into its arrival time, for a total flight time of 1 hour. This is also true for domestic flights. I've always arrived AHEAD of schedule on VK, that is about 15:05-15:15, and hear they are usually on-time.

Revnetwork
18th Aug 2006, 09:34
AVSEC has been popping up all over the place and making all kinds of accusations.
AVSEC, I can tell you with authority that VK flights to Accra have been consistently on time for over a year of operating the route. VK have had an aircraft away for maintenance over the past week, and this has somewhat screwed up the schedule. As such, I will accept that there have been problems with OTP since the 11th of August.
I think it's time someone stood up against your vitriol that you have been unleashing on VK on this forum. Surprisingly, you only registered this month and you know so much about VK, it's security proceedures et al. What is your real agenda? Looking for a job or something?
Please see my reply to Flying Touareg. He had a verifiable example of an incident, and I tried to help by contacting friends in the company who explained what happened.

AVSEC
18th Aug 2006, 13:38
Revnetwork I am glad to have this explanation,but you must understand that the general public do not have the priviledge of using this forum so they are not aware of vk technical problems.
I will not lie in a debate.I am suprised by the times you are quoting.remember accra is one hour behind Nigeria,so if you leave at 1500pm,you should arrive at roughly the same time,accra local time.
If you end up leaving 30 minutes later than scheduled it messes up your plans since it takes about 15-25 minutes to go through Ghanian immigration,and by 5pm most of my contacts want to leave for their homes,especially when meeting are scheduled on a friday afternoon.

I want VK,Bellview and Aero to be the best airlines in Africa.I hope that Arik succeed,and hope Sosoliso get back their flag carrier status for Liberia.

I hope this happens sooner rather than later.This will help african Aviation get to where it should,as long as South african airways,ethiopian airlines and kenya airways continue the way they are going now.

surely not
19th Aug 2006, 01:21
Avsec you consistently write on here without any facts then challenge those who respond with facts. If the Accra flight has been late out of Lagos it is likely to be because of the ridiculous situation whereby Abuja, the flight the a/c operated before ACC, was delayed due to VIP mvts shutting ABV airport!!! This VIP stuff is a nonsense which all the airlines are fighting.

Maybe if you get a contract in Nigeria you will begin to write more sensibly, but somehow I doubt it.

18left
19th Aug 2006, 07:07
Surely not,dont get personal.
VK aircraft seats are abysmal.The inflight service is substandard.
The sandwiches are horrible,and cups of drink unforgivable for what is supposed to be a world class airline.
I and other people I am close to expected something more appealing.
The ugly hydraulic sounds comming from the plane,has scared pax just before take off.

This definetly is not the same virginigeria i fly with quite rgularly b/w lagos and abuja/pharcourt.
The service is excellent,the meals are superb,the sandwhiches very tasty,the interior of the planes are much better than all the others airlines i have flown with (aero inclusive),
BUT,i do agree thier on time performance is horrible,they just dont seem capable of departing on time.
They are still my preferred choice though

AVSEC
23rd Aug 2006, 13:18
Preffered choice?Just how much choice do we have 18left?

LongJohnThomas
5th Sep 2006, 21:46
Nice to see everyone still in shape and ready for comments.
Nice to be back here to see you all, for a fact, Bluetail gets the first delivery of the A320 19th november 2006, first nigerian crew out for training 14th november.
Good to see you all.
Cheers guys.:ok:

GlobalFlyer
6th Sep 2006, 07:02
Did Bellview re-abandon its Lagos-Mumbai route :confused:

There is no hint on any scheduled flights to India on Amadeus or OAG Online :ugh:

LongJohnThomas
6th Sep 2006, 07:53
B3 has not really abandoned the mumbai route, they have had to re-assess whether or not it's a route that makes business sense.
Just flying an airplane for sake of actually having a route is not exactly the wisest thing to do.
Anyway, it looks like they are gearing for the real fight come 2007.
:ok:

Rani
6th Sep 2006, 08:32
"Anyway, it looks like they are gearing for the real fight come 2007."
Care to elaborate :E
I did agree with your comment about the importance of viability for any route. So the question is - Did B3 not undertake any feasibility studies? I mean from the way it looks and their track record of failed routes (AMS, GIG, and now BOM) one is led to believe that their planning department leaves much to be desired. It it true that EK / KQ / ET have increased LOS flights but if a nonstop service to India can't break even then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way Bellview is conducting business.
Just my opinion.

GlobalFlyer
6th Sep 2006, 09:06
Rani,

I agree with your thoughts. Mumbai was resumed after it was suspended a few years back and now we are back where we left.

This gives the impression Bellview will suspend Freetown-London route once it is granted direct Nigeria-UK flights, abandoning its Sierra Leonian wing and its committment to Sierra Leone.

I see British Mediterranean is commencing London-Freetown also, so the question remains whether Bellview is doing enough to remain competitive in the long haul market, and the probable answer is no.

grjplanes
6th Sep 2006, 20:55
Today and also on Monday there was a darkblue-tailed F-28 doing some of the JNB-GRJ flights for SAX, anyone know why and also to who does this actually belong?

Rani
6th Sep 2006, 21:07
Could it be Bellview ? :} :} :} Perhaps they backtracked on the A320s for some cost-savings :E

PS. "Blue Tail" in West Africa refers to Bellview Airlines, based in Lagos

ERASER
7th Sep 2006, 05:38
I also saw it at OR Tambo ( :} ), seems to have a “ZS” reg.

JetPark
7th Sep 2006, 06:33
Does it not belong to Airquarius? They did have an F28 with a blue tail?

AfricanSkies
7th Sep 2006, 06:58
Yes its an AirQuarius F28, ex-US, and soon to go to ZanAir of Zanzibar. It was operating for SAX as a fill-in.

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Sep 2006, 07:05
Is Airquarius hiring?

AfricanSkies
7th Sep 2006, 19:20
...................:ok:

LongJohnThomas
9th Sep 2006, 22:02
Well, who am i to comment?
The fact remains that people around that region thrive on trial and error.
What i meant by the real fight, is that i know for a fact that B3 is getting it's act together and, had they had the same chances as Vk, maybe they would be one of the african BIG PLAYERS now.
As for the failed routes, i have no clue but, can only say that they really have started to restructure for the coming year.
I have hope that they'll score points in the future.
Cheers.:ok:

surely not
9th Sep 2006, 23:54
LJT how nice to see that you are still using any opportunity to have a pop at VK. Bellview were around for a long time before VK so they had lots of opportunities when they were top'ish dog but didn't take them.

LongJohnThomas
10th Sep 2006, 10:59
SN,
Good to see you again!
Well regards Vk, i have nothing against them.
I just think that the government backed it a bit too much at the expence of the others.
Dont get me wrong though, it was probably a good thing because had B3 had the oppurtunities, who knows what that CEO of theirs might have become, it has served to humble him now knowing that his pilots can walk at anytime.
Like i said before, i wish them luck.
Good to see you again mate, good show.

alghaita ganga
10th Sep 2006, 13:53
I have always found Bellview customer relations and their booking system to be very poor. I fly with them only when is necessary because of no other airline on the route. VK on other hand have excellent booking system, and best website in Nigeria. Aero is expensive, but is close second. With Aero I always like their aircrafts and cabin staffs and have the feelings that all is well maintained. There big failings is their check-ins and security staffs who are very rude and aggressive and puts me off flying with them. I hear Aero is buying two 737-400s which will arrive this month. If Bellview is to make the difference you expect it will take more than just a new aircraft, they will have to use extensive PR and restore the image of the company from all those like me they have dissapoint over the last two years. It all very well to say Bellview have unfair advantages, but Aero has done it thing all itself. Bellview have to stop blaming others and do the job you are talking of next year or they will not succeed. I am only speaking from the view of passenger, but that is where the money for all these airlines is coming from at the finish of the day.

Flying Touareg
10th Sep 2006, 14:30
I hear Aero is buying two 737-400s which will arrive this month.
Interesting. Rani, ACN_Pilot, can this be true?

TomBola
10th Sep 2006, 15:05
FT,
They should arrive in LOS sometime in the next 3 - 4 weeks and more DHC 8 are also on the way.

Rani
10th Sep 2006, 15:20
VK on other hand have excellent booking system, and best website in Nigeria.
Hardly. It is a web fact sheet that hasn't changed since 2004. "About us" section has 3 paragraphs, the same material published in 2004. VK website is extremely poor when compared to Aero's slick new website. I always found this fact puzzling, because the Virgin brand is supposed to be about fun and doing things in an innovative way. The VK website is the opposite: traditional, graphically confused, and authored by an amateur (look at the pixely graphics). In contrast to Virgin Atlantic (http://www.virginatlantic.com), Virgin Blue (http://www.virginblue.com), and Virgin America (http://www.virginamerica.com), the VK site (http://www.virginnigeria.com) is truly depressing!
PS. If you go to the Virgin Nigeria website observe the initial page title in your brower, you will notice it says "Virgin Atlantic" for a few seconds.
Fishy!

Rani
10th Sep 2006, 15:24
I don't know about AERO' 737-400s but a JAT 733 has been repainted in Aero colors recently (YU-ANJ) could this be a net new addition to their fleet? The said a/c is still doing scheduled runs for JAT in Euro.

oba_idan_amani
11th Sep 2006, 16:17
Rumour has it that no Nigerian will be going on the A320's for now. The airplane will be dry leased from Gecas.

Oba Idan Amani

ZAZOO
11th Sep 2006, 18:58
:D :ok: :D

uuhh heard I was on the list for december!!!

AVSEC
12th Sep 2006, 09:55
Congratulations Bellview.Used you guys recently to Accra and I noticed quite an improvement on departure from LOS,and the the check in counter is being handled even better.
VK I am getting even more dissapointed,since I was returning from Accra,and the aircraft which was supposed to land between 1500pm and 1530pm Acc time,actually arrived at about 1710pm.
This was thursday last week.
No one in Accra gave an explanation for the delay,and it was only after we boarded around two hours later,and were actually enroute to Los that the captain announced that the delay was due to a presidential flight departing LOS.
Totally incompetent,and total lack of customer care.
VK however must be congratulated for improvements on ABV-LOS shuttle service.Tables in the aircraft was wonky,but the seats were comfortable.This was business class I hasten to add.

18left
12th Sep 2006, 15:36
had they had the same chances as Vk, maybe they would be one of the african BIG PLAYERS now.

ljt need to remind you that this was an open bid for the flag carrier licence,that virgin won.
where was blue tail during the bid?
flag carrier comes with some perks which believe it or not vna has been unable to redeem due govt bureacracy so they are enjoying just what you at blue tail enjoy ie NOTHING!

LongJohnThomas
12th Sep 2006, 23:09
18L,
I will try as much as possible to keep this very brief.
I need to start by educating you on one thing. I gain nothing as you put it, from actually hoping that a nigerian owned carrier has the oppurtunities to do what Vk does and have the few advantages that come with being the flag bearer. And may i remind you that we all knew that Vk would get the bid, had B3 ever had a chance, they would have been in before South African.
If you are frozen with the idea that i work for them or i really care what happens? Think again!:=
I have the right to air an opinion, if you don't like it, good for you! But i think it prudent to be more tactful with your comments directed at individuals.
You need to rethink your approach to things and gaurd your comments, you may work for Vk, but i assure you, i don't give a toss whether or not you enjoy it! We are here to come up with ideas to better us all and not to put others down, keep that in mind.
As for BLUE TAIL, i wish you all the luck there is and better days.
Keep the nigerian flying!!!!!!:ok:

18left
17th Sep 2006, 10:40
LJT
Try not to personalise issues,this is an open discussion so focus,on the facts.I was turned down at the assesment stage of vk interviews but still remain unbiased.
Lets face it,if blue tail tail,nicon irs,chachangi et al had performed well over the years there would be no need for a vk,and i doubt vk would have been interseted in the nigerian market.
I have been in orange tail for a while now,and they also are basically capitalising on the screw ups of the others.
I Am yet to meet any one who has anything positive to say about bluetail and the airport is littered with people who have been victims of bluetails horrendus work ethics.
How many people have left vk or aero for bluetail to further thier profession?
Now how many have done vice versea?
so my friend dont blame vk, blame our people who put thier selfish ambitons b/4 anything else.
THEY HAVE HAD ARE HAVING AND CONTINUE TO HAVE THIER CHANCES BUT SCREW UP.

LongJohnThomas
17th Sep 2006, 11:29
18L,
I am sorry if you took what i said wrongly.
I agree with you on your points and valid, they are.:D
Even though bluetail has had years of inadequate professional conduct, to put it lightly, i thought, for a change, it might be wise to encourage them even if it's just because they are nigerian owned for a change.
The screw ups that bluetail have been through might just give them a heads up to start out on a new page.:hmm: :rolleyes:
If not, well, like i said before, i wish them luck!
Cheers mate, keep it real.
N.B. I have nothing whatsoever against Vk and never will, they saw an oppurunity and took it, good on them!
I only wish from the back of my heart that nigerians could just do what they do.
I know we are capable, just not quite determined enough yet! Pity!:sad:
:ok:

surely not
17th Sep 2006, 21:21
Hey LJT you shouldn't despair, VK is mainly Nigerian now and it continues to keep the high standards that were put in place from the outset. OK the A340 fleet has some way to go as far as manning the flight deck with Nigerian pilots is concerned, but that was being addressed before I left. The 737 fleet is very well populated by West African pilots.

Dotun
17th Sep 2006, 21:23
Hello my friend Zazoo,
Long time, glad to know you will be next on the bus. When is bluetail starting the yakee route ?

Regards
DMan

LongJohnThomas
18th Sep 2006, 01:24
SN,
I am not in despair, just worried thats all.
Vk before you left? Wow, thats a revelation!!????:suspect: :eek: :D
I see you happen to know quite a bit about them, maybe you should give me a job there if it pays well?!
Anyhow, its all good.:ok:
Bluetail needs prayers and they certainly have mine, so sad to see that Vk had to go over there to get it right, we could have done it ourselves with a little commitment.
I hear they have stopped nigerians from getting on the A340, is that true?
The 737 is an old type, nothing to bargain with on the outside market considering the fact that the guys were not given JAR licences like those on the 340.
Anyway, thats a topic for another day.
Keep it real.

Rani
7th Jan 2007, 11:12
According to some info, Bellview seems to have returned one of its 767-200ER to GECAS? This means they now have one plane with which to operate both JNB and possibly LON...

It is recalled that the CEO announced last June in a Paris IATA seminar that Bellview would add A320-200s to replace its ageing 737-200s, starting in Q4 06. A "new management" and a "reinvigorated Bellview" were also promised. Any news about this?

ZAZOO come out of the bushes! :E :E :E

Flying Bucket
7th Jan 2007, 20:47
Load of garbage if you ask me.
I'll believe it when i see it! B3 C.E.O. has a lot of mouth with no action to back it!
Glad though that he finally got what he always wanted: LHR!
How he intends to hack it though, is entirely another matter.
The supposed A320s were to be delivered in october of 06, then november, then december, now, march!
A laugh i must say, just another donkey and carrot story to keep the otherwise very tired crew expecting something!
Good luck to those of you who work for B3, you'll probably get the aircrafts when no-one flies such equipment anymore!

grjplanes
9th Jan 2007, 19:53
Any idea of how they're doing on the JNB route, is it going to be viable to continue operating twice weekly, if I'm correct via Douala?

ZAZOO
14th Jan 2007, 14:02
Hi RANI
Still two 767 on ground here in Lagos as of yesterday! And one captain with two F/O's recently employed on the 767 too. Two upgraded from 737 fleet which I think is a nice move.

Also recruited five new F/O's on the 737 fleet, two undergoing line training for now and three in SA for simulator.
On the captains side two new captains are already on line and one more is about to arrive from SIM in SA.
Regarding the Airbus issue, well its a waiting game for now I think they will come but when, believe me I dont know!

Must say that Bluetail has come a long way though after the Loss of November and this might also be affecting the arrival of the Airbuses!!!

Our load on the west/east coast is quite high now in the last four months, so we going to need them machines soon.Some persons might say thats bcos pax dont have a choice out there but I dont think so I have my own opinion why B3 is now flying high out there.

Concerning the CEO and him having a big mouth well thats an individual opinion, I have never had a problem with him and I can say I get my paycheque every end of the month. And if it takes a CEO with a big mouth to do that, then I rather have CEO's with big mouths. If the crew are tired and still flying then that is a new one cos nobody has his hands tied to the controls all I or any other of the crew needs to do is say Bye and thats final. So on the issue of being tired thats up to the crew, and yes they do have a choice.

By the way :D HAPPY NEW YEAR RANI :D

zaz

Phone Wind
14th Jan 2007, 15:05
From what I see Bellview seems to have improved over the last year, except in one respect. Their website is truly lousy when compared with those of Aero and VK. Flight times are wrong because it doesn't seem to have been updated for a long time - for example they still have Port Harcourt on the domestic schedule, over 4 months since it was closed and the flight Douala - Lagos is still down as over 2 hours (presumably because it used to route via Port Harcourt. With Aero getting ready to expand its West Coast services and the possibility of VK and Arik, plus others, if it doesn't modernise all aspects of its operation it will fall behind again. It's to be applauded for the number of routes it flies in West Africa, but that shows others that there's a market out there, so they need to look as fresh and modern as the upcoming competition.

ZAZOO
15th Jan 2007, 10:08
Your right about the website, I hardly check it out and its :eek: !!!
Just mailed this thread to our IT guy lets see what he can come up with :ugh: :ugh:.

I see VirginNigeria is advertising for crew here on Pp thats cool, wish the letters read Nigeria Airways though "sulk" :sad: oh well maybe someday.....

LongJohnThomas
19th Jan 2007, 20:59
Zaz,
Why would you complain when you were just moved to the 767 fleet? If i were you, i would not either.
Cheers mate!

ZAZOO
19th Jan 2007, 21:36
Moved to the 767 fleet :\ me!!!

When, why, how :confused: :confused:

No Sir, me thinks you got it wrong there, but, nice try though!!!

Quite content here man, in no hurry and like the song goes "we have all the time in the world" ;). Me thinks a BBJ or G5 offer would do me quite well.

goodnight all.

zaz

donnie brasco
23rd Jan 2007, 15:40
Would like to let you know,ur a goodman.DEM SAY,WHERE YOU DEY WORK,U DEY CHOP. B3 has really impressed me withen these last couple of months,in these days of industry expansions and some ogas trying to claim a humongous share of it is something to sit back and think...........:rolleyes:
The ceo is like every good business man,keep all speculating.but he still pays his bills. i give him some kudos.

hey Rani,love ur views in all issues,the a320-is not a speculation,alot of fleet and crew organization is taking place,and two b767.2 are on grnd los.

WE WAN SEE WETIN GO HAPPEN.:cool:

LongJohnThomas
23rd Jan 2007, 18:22
Quite convenient for us to change username just to say what we would ordinarily not say knowing that others may know who we are!
Ever noticed the very few amount of posts from some probationary ppruners who seem to have a good grip of what topics are on air here?
I say, say what you like, when you like, just try as much as possible to keep it real and true!
Cheers guys!:ok:

Flying Touareg
23rd Jan 2007, 19:48
Quite convenient for us to change username just to say what we would ordinarily not say knowing that others may know who we are!
Ever noticed the very few amount of posts from some probationary ppruners who seem to have a good grip of what topics are on air here?
I say, say what you like, when you like, just try as much as possible to keep it real and true!

well said LJT. The number of PPs posting on various threads amazes me:confused: They dont know that we know:ok:

Localiser Established
25th Jan 2007, 09:13

You shouldn't be surprised at the number of people that are mainly viewers and not really contributors. Some people are not in a position to contribute just because they are not presently in the region. But some posts and comments still touch a nerve that need commenting on once in a while. I'll still like to know about the environment I'll be experiencing very soon.

(Speaking about myself really) :cool:

BALEWA
4th Apr 2008, 22:47
Looks like B3 Airlines has taken the talked about leap and offered a benchmark payroll for the first time in the Nigerian aviation sector.

I must say from our side of the tarmac it comes as a surprise considering its reduced operations in its domestic, west and central african operations!!!

How they going to meet up financially.

Is the rumour on B737-800's on the way also legitimate.

Anyone from B3 to give us some input on this developement.

Goodluck fella's .

B

IFLy4Free
8th Jul 2008, 19:25
Are they still operating?

NIJASEA
9th Jul 2008, 00:21
Yep They Still Are!!!!:{

18left
10th Jul 2008, 04:17
one of the 732 is named faith and another resilience.................

NIJASEA
10th Jul 2008, 15:59
The owner is a visionary only he can name aircrafts FAITH, HOPE & RESILLIANCE coz they way they are maintained and operated you need all those to fly daily and when i say daily i mean that.:ugh:

Sgt.Peppeh
27th Jul 2008, 00:56
I take this comment very seriously as I shall be flying this Airline regularly. "...the way they are maintained.." Do tell me someone,if you are a qualified CP and you have a contract to fly with an Airline that has a bad service record...would you fly knowing this fully well ???

Tell me your veiws pleeeeze !!!! I neeeed to know !!

JABAG
27th Jul 2008, 18:30
nice to hear you will be flying them regularly, however there are alternatives, like AERO, Virgin N and Arik.

danaii_goose
27th Mar 2009, 12:28
Hi there,
Does any of you in contact or working with Bellview Airlines Lagos, can give me the DFO e-mail address.
Thanks for coop.
:cool:

biggles72
26th Jun 2009, 09:55
I see thyey are advertising for captains on all fleets in the latest flight international magazine.

What is this outfit like to work for?
Conditions? Actual Pay?:confused:
Any extras?
Company reputation?

Any input or comments most welcome. (Good and Bad)

jagunmolu
26th Jun 2009, 17:25
A Trial will definitely confuse and convince you that its better to be unemployed,FACT,Wish you guys w:O:ooh::=ell

atedo
26th Jun 2009, 22:03
Are U with me?:D:=:=