PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream operators in the Gulf??

burty
7th Jan 2007, 07:39
I've done a Google search to find Jetstream operators in the Gulf states but only found one so far. Does anyone know of any companies that operate Jetstream aircraft?

ironbutt57
7th Jan 2007, 08:46
Never saw one here in these parts..

Flying Mechanic
7th Jan 2007, 08:59
theres a co in Dubai called Eastern Skyjets, who operate from freezone, they have a J41 in old US Air colours. They were looking for pilots in flight international, a while back. I saw the plane parked there in November, where all the private jets park. They have a UAE AOC, and the company is run by 2 really nice blokes, drop them an e-mail.They are looking for Bae 146 drivers aswell. They already operate some DC9's out of Dubai on some US gov contracts. Hope that helps.
FM

burty
7th Jan 2007, 21:37
These peole look quite interesting. Given the sort of flying they do I would assume that they look for a curtain type of individual. Would they have a preference for ex military pilots??

V2+ A Little
8th Jan 2007, 00:31
on a jetstream? Why mil operators? It is a road runner, no? dont see any advantage in operating one

ironbutt57
8th Jan 2007, 06:24
Well I stand corrected..also there are a couple of these J41 in USAirways colors flying around Kathmandu where expat trainers are hired from time to time...

burty
8th Jan 2007, 07:50
V2+ A little

Have a look at Eastern Skyjets website, trips to Afganistan, Iran, Iraq and some other interesting places. Given the state of play in some of these countries it is not beyound the realms of probability that the company may prefer to employ crew with military experience, or for that matter with experience in similar civilian operations. Or they may not...:rolleyes:

Anyway, that coment was an aside from the original purpose of the thread and wasn't specifically referring to the companies J41 op's. Sorry.