PDA

View Full Version : Dash-8 Jobs in the Region

cochise
6th Jan 2007, 23:46
Hey all,
I hate to start one of those "I'm looking for a job" posts, but it's the truth :uhoh: . Curious about any Dash-8 contract jobs in Africa that are available to foreigners? Also trying to find out the parent companies that operate the 8 for the UN. Any info would be much appreciated.
thanks

Mama Mangrove
7th Jan 2007, 00:09
cochise,

CHC, the Canadian helicopter company has one of the largest Dash 8 fleets around in Africa. In Nigeria they operate 4 or 5 as 'Aero Contractors' on oil company charters, and scheduled flights within Nigeria and internationally to Accra. CHC also has one in Tchad, which I think is based in Ndjamena flying for Exxon/Mobil (I've been away for a while now, so I stand to be corrected). They also operate several in Libya.

The HQ of CHC Global is in Richmond, BC, Canada. Try their website for initial information and to register try http://www.chc.ca/employment_global.php

Good luck :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
7th Jan 2007, 04:27
Kenya has a couple of Dash 8 operators doing UN work. Take a stroll around Wilson in Nairobi or drop in at ACEA.

cochise
7th Jan 2007, 11:25
Hey, thanks for the info guys it's much appreciated. I found out that one of the captains with Caribbean Star did a stint with Aero C. I'll get the scoop.
From what I've been hearing around the campfire quite a few guys from the caribbean are heading out that way due to the turbulent industry here at the moment. Quite a few mergers, closures and uncertainties!
Thanks again

HYA
9th Jan 2007, 21:44
Try Air Service in Libreville Gabon; they operate DH8 (4) and DH6 (2). They currently employ foreign pilots as well as local pilots.

Good luck!
hya

cochise
9th Jan 2007, 22:03
Anymore information on the company? A contact address? I have tried searching on the net but can't find anything. Again, any information would be much appreciated.
thanks

HYA
10th Jan 2007, 00:41
www.airservice.aero
contact person is Bruce Flynn

Hope that helps!
hya

VanDokta
13th Jan 2007, 06:51
Trident operate two Dash 8s out of Lokichoggio into South Sudan for WFP, they have another out of Khartoum.
748 Air Services operates one out of Loki.
ALS operates one out of Wilson Airport.
Air Kenya operate one out of Wilson, I hear the second is on its way.

Phone Wind
14th Jan 2007, 11:40
cochise,

Try going to the website of Dutch operator, Denim Air . They wet lease Dash 8s and they have contracts in Senegal and Mauritania at present, and a new one starting for arik Air in Nigeria soon

cochise
14th Jan 2007, 12:19
Hey thanks guys,
you've all been great and the info has really been a great help. Keep it coming if you can. I never thought I'd get so much info from so many people. I'm still taking baby steps in making contacts but the emails are going out. At least I'll be ahead of some of the vultures that are probably already onto this thread :} . We have one dash8 operator closing down at the end of the month and another is merging with pending layoffs as they will sell 4 300's in the next couple months...Aviation is looking grim in the caribbean and most fellas are bitter. Time to move on me thinks...

oba_idan_amani
14th Jan 2007, 12:39
Try Aero Contractors in Nigeria, they are currently recruiting. I believe they will also look after your accomadations and food. They are the best company to work for now in the west african region with very good pay.

Oba Idan Amani

nomoneynowek
14th Jan 2007, 18:11
Hey Cochise...... did you get the shaft from Skip Bxxxxxxxx too? We got rid of him here and sent him your way. Sorry he managed to screw 2 airlines up. Good luck, you'll have fun in africa

cochise
15th Jan 2007, 17:11
Well actually I hear he's about to get shafted by the big man Sir Allen Stanford! Rummor has it that his letter will be delivered within the next couple days...

I actually work for another competitor but a lot of my friends are waiting to hear what's going on with them care of Skippy.

The company I work for is just a front to make a few bucks off the leases on our dash-8's. Ever hear of a company paying $US120K a month for 5 year old dash-8s? You have now! The new one's run around $US60K. Our leases are paid to a bank account in the Cayman Islands and then into the pocket of the ex CEO := that basically set the company up to eventually run itself into the ground....After he's made a mint!