PDA

View Full Version : Average passengers in business jets

whitespiral
6th Jan 2007, 14:17
I was interested in finding what the average number of passengers are on business jets, especially light to midsize types.

Any figures based on your experience?

Thanks in advance.

Flight Level Zero
6th Jan 2007, 15:28
In and out of GCI (EGJB) the average would be 2

LB1985
6th Jan 2007, 15:38
Varies quite considerably - anything from 1 to 8 seems about average, I reckon.

FLEXJET
6th Jan 2007, 18:33
Between 2 and 3 I would say.

Pilocol
6th Jan 2007, 18:50
What kinda planes do you fly .. I will be happy If I get less than 8 ..
Yesterday out of EGGW to OERK with 16 just 2 kids ... and the amount of bags!!!!:eek:
All last week ... the minimun 12 ... and I don't fly a Boeing or a Scarebus.
Thank God for my 3 engines...:ok:

GulfstreamPilot
6th Jan 2007, 21:46
1-2? What kind of Biz Jets are you flying? I'd say avg. would be 4-8

LB1985
6th Jan 2007, 23:35
1-2? What kind of Biz Jets are you flying? I'd say avg. would be 4-8

I've known BBJs to operate with one or two passengers onboard. What it must be like to have that sort of money!

PLovett
7th Jan 2007, 03:46
The US business aircraft association (cannot for the life of me think of its correct title at the moment) did a survey not so long ago and the average load in the US was 3.

whitespiral
7th Jan 2007, 08:12
Thanks for the responses guys. The variance is quite interesting. The number I'm after is to be used for a business plan.

Aircraft types are CJ2 and Lear 60. (Not the actual one but these two fit the generic profiles quite perfectly in terms of cabin size and capabilities).

I too would think that the average would 2-3. I can't quite possibly think of parties larger than 3 (on a regular basis)-although I definately would LOVE to see that.

CJ Driver
7th Jan 2007, 09:27
Four passengers is common, even in the CJ. In fact, the "average load is 3 passengers" probably comes from a mixtures of twos and fours.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I understand how that affects your business plan - the aircraft costs the same to run, and in most charter operations is sold for the same price, regardless of seat occupancy.

whitespiral
7th Jan 2007, 09:33
Four passengers is common, even in the CJ. In fact, the "average load is 3 passengers" probably comes from a mixtures of twos and fours.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure I understand how that affects your business plan - the aircraft costs the same to run, and in most charter operations is sold for the same price, regardless of seat occupancy.

It affects the customers of the business plan when considering all travel options...Fractional, other charter, airlines first/business class. ;)

It's one thing to split $4,000 two ways, and quite another to split it 4 or even 6 ways.

I'm also curious if there would be differences between Europe and the US in the avg number of pax, due to business culture, different BA penetration etc.

galaxy flyer
8th Jan 2007, 01:38
Don't know the number, but NONE of them are average, I can assure you of that!!

GF

Phil Brockwell
8th Jan 2007, 07:33
For us on the Kingairs we operate it would be 3. We have done some research on the market as a whole prior to our CJ1'a being delivered, and for intra European trips average would be 4.

Phil

African Drunk
10th Jan 2007, 14:51
60% of our CJ flights 1 pax. 30% 2 pax. 10% 3 or more

Vipfa
11th Jan 2007, 04:57
Hi All,

First posting (after much lurking). I flew as VIP CC for many years based in the Mid East. As some of you will know, over there you see things that blow your mind - I was reading this post having a little chuckle to myself.

I once flew trip B767 Gulf to Spain, pax number nil, but one very shiny and expensive vehicle in the hold!

Another trip that comes to mind is the Gulf - Geneva BBJ trip for 2 staff of my employer!

I also did a States trip on the 747, ferry there and 2 pax back to the Gulf.

The classic was a flight from Pakistan to the Gulf with four puppies - can't recall if is was onboard the BBJ or 767 though.

It brought a real smile to my face recalling these tales - made me miss my flying days!

Happy and safe flying to you all

whitespiral
11th Jan 2007, 15:56
African Dunk,

Where are you located?

All,

Thanks for the responses. Here's another two for you.

1. How often would you say that the trip is a daytrip? (mostly interested for intra-europe).

2. What's the distance at which daytrips stop being the norm? 800nm? 1000nm? 1300nm?

Hey bud, this topic might seem fascinating to you but would you mind continuing your interrogation by PM or email please. Thanks. 4HP

trainer too 2
14th Jan 2007, 10:06
The question makes no sense as it assumes that you want to calculate the cost per pax. The number of pax is 95% not part of the calcultion as the customer has a range, budget and comfort requirement that determines the aircraft.

good luck!

ExecJetDriver
15th Jan 2007, 10:30
We have 12 seats, but normally fill between one and five of them. I've yet to fly the aircraft with all 12 occupied!

wileydog3
16th Jan 2007, 13:11
at my house...
CJ1-- average 2 pax
C-II--average 3 pax

African Drunk
31st Jan 2007, 18:20
whitespiral in uk. Mainly out of southern england.