PDA

View Full Version : rayanair assesments

mac.2.02
13th Nov 2006, 13:35
Having an upcoming assessment with Ryanair next month. Need some info regarding the tech, personal question they ask about. Are the any written exams too? What can I expect in the SIM? The assessment is for an F/O JAR25 position.
And YES! I have done some research here on the forum about this, and I find only old information or irrelevant info.
So please if you have recently been to East Midland for the assessment, please pass me some information or experience.
Cheers!:ok:

easyflybywire
13th Nov 2006, 17:40
Hi,

Are you sure you have read this post? http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222538

Don't think the infos are irrelevant or out of date.

Happy landings!

Thin Albert
16th Nov 2006, 12:11
Hi Mac 2.02
had the assessment 2 month ago.Pretty fair and comfortable.
Have all papers ready and copies, I was the only one.........;)
Raw Data Departure 1200 ft left turn intercept vor another left climbing turn, prepare NDB 26 i dont remember where( Stansted??) land and stop.
You get all details before pitch and power settings on a board to study and have a look in the sim.
Questions about previus aircraft,..Emerg descend,service ceiling, drift down, engines, give a ils 26 briefing with Jeppeseon.
They ask you,Why Ryanair? and so on....
Cheers TA:ok:

Dan 98
16th Nov 2006, 12:26
Mac.2.02
You need to go to Interviews, jobs and sponsorship, 2 thirds of the way down there are 2 threads about Ryanair where all this has been covered very recently. However below is a post I made about a week ago:
I did the assessment at the end of Sept. The profile was the CLN 6B out of Luton (not STN) on RWY 26. Establish onto the VOR at 4,000ft. Some general handling nothing too complicated. I got smoke in the toilet my sim partner got pax with a heart attack. Don't get to hung up on the check lists, what they are looking for is good comms between the PF & PNF and with the crew. NITS brief etc.... Remember to squawk 7700 etc.... and radio calls. Back into land on an NDB RWY 26. I had no single engine stuff but did have to fly the hold and an entry. I know others who didn't. Just be prepared for doing it. If you're not familiar with the 737 get yourself in a sim. The sim at East Mids has an MCP like like you get on a 737-300, it will really help if you're familiar with this for the PNF role, as they look at your performance in both roles.
With regards to tech questions, these were based around aircraft flown: Seneca etc... for me. Some basic stuff on NDB's errors etc.. and a couple of Met questions, about thunderstorms.
The instructors were all really friendly and relaxed, and I can honestly say I actually quite enjoyed it, better than being sat at home anyway!!
Good luck
Dan98

Jinkster
16th Nov 2006, 17:25
:ok: Anyone want advice - please send me a PM.
Jinkster

mac.2.02
18th Nov 2006, 08:52
Thanks for all the great info so far.:D
Does anyone have any copy of the plates of Luton apt. Ex. CLN 6B and the app for RWY26. And I need the power settings and flight profile as well if someone has it please pass it to me.
Is there a panel interview with 2-3 interviewers or is there only one interview guy?:rolleyes:
:ok: :ok: :ok:

rubik101
23rd Nov 2006, 08:06
2.02, you have a pretty comprehensive briefing before the sim session. There is plenty of time to make a note of the EPR settings, pitch angles etc. They are all written on the whiteboard behind the sim examiner. There are only a few to make a note of so don't worry if you can't get them beforehand. The departure for Clacton 6B from LTN is chosen because the level off at 4000ft and the 100 degree left turn to the radial inbound to BNN occur simultaneously so your handling/scan need to be up to speed. The whole trip is done without autopilot/autothrottle so scanning needs to be sharp. Onced you are S&L the CRM trips in and you will return to LTN for a non precision app to Rwy26. No single engine stuff but nail the heights/speed/hdg etc and you will have no real problems as PF.

mac.2.02
5th Jan 2007, 14:38
I had to cancel my Interview date but I am scheduled next week again for an F/O JAR 25 position.
As an direct F/O JAR25 what salary can I expect during the first year? Are you paid during the type rating course and during line training?:rolleyes:
:ok:

CamelhAir
5th Jan 2007, 16:42
The only thread any prospective ryanair pilot should be reading is this one:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214074

If you had any sense, after reading this, you wouldn't have any more interest in the company, certainly sim check info should be irrelevant as you do the sensible thing and target a better company.

Are you paid during the type rating course and during line training?

You having a laugh??? You don't know much about ryanair. I STRONGLY suggest reading the above thread in it's entirety, fully acquaint yourself with ryanairs employment practices, then decide if you really want to proceed. If, for some strange reason, you wish to proceed with your application, then remember this:
You WILL be lied to about your contract. You will NOT receive what you'll be promised in the interview.
And don't forget to join REPA as a matter of urgency on starting.

fardin
6th Jan 2007, 12:31
Hi there
does anyone know anything about rayanair assesments?have an interview with them next month and i need to prepare myself,,,,,any help will be appreciated
regards
fardin;)

Tooloose
6th Jan 2007, 13:42
1. Read all the posts above.
2. Learn how to spell Ryanair and practice until you know it by heart.
3. ditto for assessment.

Kraut
6th Jan 2007, 13:59
He, FARDIN,

if you prepare your assessment and your pilot work as you did in your question above:

You never make it!:uhoh:

captplaystation
7th Jan 2007, 17:59
No no , he is well up to standard. We don't need people to do things correctly, just sign 25 times a day on the dotted line to say that you did. Oh and if you want to pass the assesment don't forget the most important point . . . . .bring your chequebook.