PDA

View Full Version : EZY cognition skill tests ?

bleeds off
5th Jan 2007, 20:27
Hi there,

PPJN reports cognition skill tests as part of EZY selection process.
Could anyone shed light on that ?
Have they always been there or is it kind of a new stage recently added ?
:{

cheers
bleeds

rhythm method
5th Jan 2007, 22:59
There are plenty of other threads on the matter, but to save you searching;

You get a technical questionnaire (same as in the Cathay book).
You get an interview split into 2 parts:
1 - Human Resources interview dealing with competency based questions (give an example of a time you dealt with a complex situation, etc)
2 - A technical interview with a pilot.

This all takes place in half a day. If you are successful, you will go for sim assessment the same afternoon, or next day.

That's it!

bleeds off
6th Jan 2007, 14:08
Thanks for that rythm method

Actually, those tests I'm refering to seem to appear on top of the well known process you describe
Any other comments out there ?

Personality assesment, technical questionaire (focussing on Perf A - effects of external factors to v-speeds etc), cognitive skills test, interview and sim assesment. No longer a group exercise.

Cheers
bleeds

luddite
7th Jan 2007, 14:40
I recall doing a rather bizarre little quiz with a deck of cards where you had to make inferences/deductions/fill in the gaps/guess wildly.... Half a dozen different questions, increasingly mind boggling, all timed of course. By some miracle I finished well inside the allotted time and got a pretty good score. Didn't get a job though...... Never come across anything like it before or since. It's apparently there to see how well and quickly you can assimilate new information and make decisions thereon under pressure.
:ugh:

Kraut
7th Jan 2007, 16:35
Donīt mind the cognition skills test to much. (if even done anymore, which doubt!)

I had problems to understand what was expected from me.(maybe I would have understood, if it had been in german language?):confused:
My result there was obviously surprising (not to me). I just filled in something what came in my mind - with a not "amuzing" result.:{

And? I am flying the A-319!:)

bleeds off
7th Jan 2007, 18:40
My result there was obviously surprising (not to me). I just filled in something what came in my mind - with a not "amuzing" result.:{

And? I am flying the A-319!:)

Did you get a feed back out of it ? and what do u mean by not amuzing ?;)

Thx to all for your replies :p
bleeds

rhythm method
7th Jan 2007, 18:48
Trust me, that is no longer part of the selection process (which I have just recently done). It hasn't been part of it for at least 18 months.

Kraut
7th Jan 2007, 19:34
If you just do more or less Bullsh..t (producing this product is NOT amuzing), what kind of feedback can you get?

And honestly, flying already for a looong time, I did not see the importance of this test.
BTW, I have never seen a test like that in any of the testing I did in my flying carreer.

And as confirmed, no longer valid.

The interview, the techtest and the sim. Thatīs what counts!

Good luck!:ok:

bleeds off
7th Jan 2007, 20:35
Thank u all :p

bleeds

Thin Albert
8th Jan 2007, 08:57
Hi all
what sim 737-3 or 400 can i expect?
And what airports, anybody could give me a hint?
Regards
TA:)

Coppi
8th Jan 2007, 09:40
B737-300 (Alteon,Luton) or B747-400 (Burgess Hill) depending on location of the sim test, all raw data, some airwork, approach briefing, Liverpool NDB ILS, no engine failures or other malfunctions, some minor distractions to test division of attention ability.
Cheers

Cleared ILS approach
8th Jan 2007, 16:08
Hi,

Mine was on 737-300 at Alteon. Everything was done at GLA with procedural ILS 23 raw data.

Hope this help.

Regards