PDA

View Full Version : Etihad make 4 Stars

EasyGo-Lucky?
5th Jan 2007, 06:18
Seems Etihad Airways have been promoted to the 4 star ranks on Skytrax now.

I think its well deserved but I am sure some will disagree.

EasyGo-Lucky?
5th Jan 2007, 07:39
The link.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EY.htm

Funk
5th Jan 2007, 16:18
Nice planes (B777-300) shame about the cabin service, did AUH - BKK just before xmas, granted the flight was full but we got virtually no service. The return leg was much better however the aircraft was less than half full.

Mustapha Rex
6th Jan 2007, 06:39
Obviously a quick job because that is not what it says on this page where Etihad is still listed as a three star airline, http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/3star.htm
But like it says in the post by Funk, pitty about the cabin crew, wonder why they were originally recruited or if the management is aware of what an airline is all about beyond the boy's flying club.
Making it to four star ranking isn't about just what Skytrax says, it's also about the way an airline operates at every level, and currently Mr. easy go lucky, I would wind my head in and watch, and this until the day every individual including you, acts in a professional and considerate manner towards their colleagues for starters, and towards passengers as a whole; none of which is currently happening.
Etihad has taken the worst practices from other regional airlines and put them to practice, starting with the prostitution of it's employees.

Mountain pilot
6th Jan 2007, 13:52
Etihad have flat beds in business class I believe? Qatar don’t plus on Qatar in first the hot food was cold, the champers flat and warm. The Qatar service is through fear. The Cabin crew in Etihad do need to get their act together in Y class as last time I flew on them they never answered the call button for 35 mins. Still can’t see how Qatar can be 5 star as Etihad were just a tad better in Y in my opinion overall including ground handling and on time departures.

Gold Falcon
6th Jan 2007, 18:56
4 star by Skytrax is a ranking done based on system of various factor. All the factors are listed on their website. OTHER factors are not considered. What we feel as not good enough, might be good for the people who participated in the survey, the PAX! We always think we know everything, and other people don't. As some people are complaining and condemning certain company, the company continues to grow. There will always be changes at new company as the it realigns it's direction. That is good corporate strategy. just look at the end result.