PDA

View Full Version : Aero and International Routes

V1_RHOT8
5th Jan 2007, 06:01
My fellow yoke grabbers and throttle pushers, Happy New Year to you all. For a while I've been trying to find out if Aero flies international routes. So far I've come up with nothing. Can anyone please tell me why this is so? After all, they are one the best airlines in Nigeria right? Besides, if VK; Bluetail and new guys Arik can pick up some routes why hasn't Aero followed suit? Is it that they aren't just interested in making more money?

Cheers,
V1_RHOT8

GlobalFlyer
5th Jan 2007, 06:40
Where have you been!? Aero has been operating international flights since a couple of years back. If you browse their website (www.acn.aero) you will find all the current information you need on these flights.

I believe at the moment they fly to Abidjan, Accra, Bamako and Malabo. They have been planning flights to Sao Tome also but these are yet to start.

V1_RHOT8
5th Jan 2007, 16:58
Sorry GlobalFlyer, maybe I need to be a little more specific on my question. Why haven't they snagged routes to Europe, North America, Middle East, South Africa, Asia and the likes?

I knew about their flights to Accra, Malabo and etc. I just thought that by now they would have started flights that terminate beyond the continent of Africa.

Thanks mate,
V1

AVSEC
5th Jan 2007, 23:35
Good point.
However I admire their cautious approach and successful developement of routes style they use.
Arik,Bellview and VK could do better by copying this approach.Their TOB on all routes they operate on is amazing to say the least.Fully booked on quite a few routes and to travel with them you need to book early and have a confirmed paid up OK tkt before you get on.
I am a big fan.

18left
6th Jan 2007, 04:55
[quote=AVSECGood point.
However I admire their cautious approach and successful developement of routes style they use.
Arik,Bellview and VK could do better by copying this approach.Their TOB on all routes they operate on is amazing to say the least.Fully booked on quite a few routes and to travel with them you need to book early and have a confirmed paid up OK tkt before you get on.
I am a big fan.[/quote]
wow you have abandoned your fanatical suuport for arik?
aero has been in existence for 40years plus,thats a little bit to cautious to plan a long haul route dont you think?
believe me if they wanted to do so they would have,this company is primarily an oil servicing company,even the name AEROPLANE CONTRACTORS,indicates just that.
The transformation to an airline is the cautious part of aero,cos this is new territory for them

Rani
6th Jan 2007, 05:23
AERO is in the process of re-branding, dropping the Schreiner visual affiliation and becoming a true fixed-wing, airline brand.

Watch out for a new livery, logo, and possibly revised name in the next few months... :)

anjouan
6th Jan 2007, 11:34
There has been talk within CHC for some time of splitting aero into 2 operating companies; a fixed wing airline and an oil and gas contractor, which would comprise all the helicopters and those fixed wing on contract charter (such as the Dash 8s to Owerri, NAF, Osubi and Escravos for the oil companies and the Falcon for Total). I heard that the delay was something to do with having to make changes to their AOC. Since the involvement of CHC there seems to be a lot more money available and they've employed some good advisers to handle the expansion and plan the routes. Schreiner's forays into fixed wing were almost the finish of the comany (remember the ill-fated Airbus in Europe), but CHC seem to have got it right - and it's making money for them. Good luck to aero, they have worked hard to transform themselves and it seems to be going well for them :ok:

Flying Touareg
6th Jan 2007, 14:41
i love aero:ok: aerofan:ok:

soups
14th Jan 2007, 00:12
Where have you been!? Aero has been operating international flights since a couple of years back. If you browse their website (www.acn.aero) you will find all the current information you need on these flights.
I believe at the moment they fly to Abidjan, Accra, Bamako and Malabo. They have been planning flights to Sao Tome also but these are yet to start.
GIA have placed their codes on Aero LOS-ACC-LOS this will enable PAX to fly Aero/GIA between London and Lagos via Accra.

oba_idan_amani
14th Jan 2007, 12:22
Does anyone have any information on the arrival dates of Aero B737-400. I surpose most of the international route expansion operation will depend on the arrival of these machines. There was an interview session a while back that saw all of us in the GA sector attending. The way things are going, I think Aero might be the only place to be. They are also offering the best pay packet in the industry.

Oba Idan Amani

ACN_Pilot
14th Jan 2007, 14:22
Hopefully the 737-400's should be there soon. We all look forward to having more of the 737's around, the company is growing and people are progressing onto new types. The reason why alot of pilots who join stick with it is not neccessarily to do with pay, its all about how you are treated as an employee that makes the difference. Its not perfect, but it certainly isn't anything like the other operators. oba_idan_amani check ur pm's