PDA

View Full Version : Travel chocks.....

John Eacott
5th Jan 2007, 02:16
Whoever found that they needed a bit more power than usual to get started off the ramp at Essendon, may like to claim their Travel-chocks back from our office :p

http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/photos/pprune/Travel%20chocks.jpg

tail wheel
5th Jan 2007, 04:26
:} :} :} :} :} :}

John, is that the original Cessna colour scheme and logo in the background? Looks like a C421? (Geared engines and "humps" on the top cowls.)

Launchpad McQuack
5th Jan 2007, 05:25
We all make mistakes :} ....but this I wish I had seen :E :E :E :E

John Eacott
5th Jan 2007, 05:38
John, is that the original Cessna colour scheme and logo in the background? Looks like a C421? (Geared engines and "humps" on the top cowls.)

I don't know if it's an original Cessna scheme, but it is a 421 Golden Eagle II. Nothing to do with the chocks, I hasten to add!

Chadzat
5th Jan 2007, 06:18
Could be that the pilot couldn't fit said chocks in back of choc-a-bloc full aircraft, so they needed to flatten them out!

sprocket
5th Jan 2007, 08:48
Must be helicopter chocks, they dont have a padlock. ;)

FOD-Boss
6th Jan 2007, 02:33
I am more interested in the ground on which they are sitting...is that what looks like the remains of an asphalt surface?....is it concrete?...is it as rough as it looks?

LeadSled
6th Jan 2007, 06:47
John,
That's why Qantas always use big wooden chocks, even a 744 won't flatten them.
Towing a GPU out onto the taxiway is fun, too, that's when you find some rampdweller didn't understand "disconnect" and "clear".
Tootle pip!!
:} :}

John Eacott
6th Jan 2007, 08:15
Towing a GPU out onto the taxiway is fun, too, that's when you find some rampdweller didn't understand "disconnect" and "clear".

As at NAS Nowra a month ago, bright yellow GPU lead was still attached to a Sea King...initially :rolleyes: ;)

is that what looks like the remains of an asphalt surface?....is it concrete?...is it as rough as it looks?

Concrete, and yes, very rough! Part of the original Essendon ramp, dates back nearly 70 years, I believe, and has a very steep slope :sad: