PDA

View Full Version : Our glorious deputy leader

kevmusic
4th Jan 2007, 16:59
As an interested, but lifelong, civvie, I often drop into this forum to chuckle at the banter or sympathise with the horror stories. Knowing of the deep love and devotion held by you for our lofty masters I thought you might like this little JP quote:

"If you look at my record, I'm quite prepared to actually show that that
record what I've done in that period of time within in all areas which I'm
putting down at the moment and eventually want to justify to people".

Says it all, doesn't it? :ugh:

Happy New Year to all.

airborne_artist
4th Jan 2007, 18:10
And that was before he'd had a drink.....

London Mil
4th Jan 2007, 18:21
From the same gene pool as Rumsfeld?

Severance
4th Jan 2007, 19:22
From the same gene pool as Rumsfeld?

That'll be the shallow end; to include all meanings of 'shallow'.

r supwoods
4th Jan 2007, 19:52
Pool = Pond

PPRuNe Pop
4th Jan 2007, 22:38
The good news is that the proof reader will take so long in editing his book that it won't reach the shops for at least another 20 years! :D

Hopefully! :sad: :D :D

BEagle
5th Jan 2007, 07:21
"And that was before he'd had a drink....."

Or rather, before he'd served one?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/2jags.jpg

"Gin and Tonic please, Steward!"

At least 'Biffer' Two Shags is rather a colourful character, unlike the rest of Trust-me-Tone's slimy gang.

anotherthing
5th Jan 2007, 08:30
BEagle

"Gin and Tonic please, Steward!"

You'll get no argument from me there..... Prescott is indeed a 'bar-steward'

stabout
5th Jan 2007, 09:08
That was the idiots occupation prior to going into politics, apparently when he waddles past the Conservative benches they shout “gin and tonic please steward!” I imagine he just gives them the fingers!

What is this overpaid waste of space good for?

moggiee
5th Jan 2007, 09:28
It always makes me laugh when I hear his former profession described as "sailor" - bar steward on a ferry doesn't sound quite so impressive!

doubledolphins
5th Jan 2007, 12:19
Had heard that it was Nick Soames who calls out "Another Gin and Tonic, Giovani!". Merch stewards have long had the habit of "Exoticising" their names and that was reputedly what JP called himself. It is entirely possible that in his former life he had indeed served Winston's youthfull grandson in his former life.

diginagain
5th Jan 2007, 12:44
My step-father was a steward on the ferries with Mr P. Unsurprisingly, he never once uttered a kind word about 'Giovani'. My old dear used to work in the village newsagents hard by Prescott Mansions. One morning JP strolled in, slammed a handful of change on the counter in payment for his weekly copy of the Beano, and stomped off, not a word to anyone. Ignorant tw*t.

exrotarybooty
5th Jan 2007, 14:00
Reading the title, I thought for one glorious moment he had been replaced!
Having watched his disgraceful conduct at PMs Question Time on Dec 13th,
http://video.twofour.co.uk/play/video.asp?videoID=2045
(when he and Margaret Beckett enjoyed a joke as the PM expressed his condolences to the family and friends of young Royal Marine Richard Watson of 42 Commando, recently killed in Afghanistan), his removal from any paid appointment would cause a roar of approval from all Royal Marines, past and present.
If he was disgusted at the hanging of Saddam, he should be aware of the strong feelings of disgust he provoked on Dec 13th!
ERB

threepointonefour
5th Jan 2007, 17:44
Couldn't get the above link to work, but check this out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwuVjxe56M

__
pi

PompeySailor
5th Jan 2007, 19:10
Do you think "Giovani" took his turn in the barrel? Can you imagine the disappointment when you take the lid off the barrel and that face is leering up at you? Gross, I'd rather shag his wife, and that's saying something.

PompeySailor
5th Jan 2007, 19:13
Reading the title, I thought for one glorious moment he had been replaced!
Having watched his disgraceful conduct at PMs Question Time on Dec 13th,
http://video.twofour.co.uk/play/video.asp?videoID=2045
(when he and Margaret Beckett enjoyed a joke as the PM expressed his condolences to the family and friends of young Royal Marine Richard Watson of 42 Commando, recently killed in Afghanistan), his removal from any paid appointment would cause a roar of approval from all Royal Marines, past and present.
If he was disgusted at the hanging of Saddam, he should be aware of the strong feelings of disgust he provoked on Dec 13th!
ERB

Margaret Beckett has very strong links to the RN/RM, and I don't think for one minute that she would have meant any disrespect at all.

Prescott, on the other hand, was the MP that refused to talk to troops during the Foot and Mouth debacle because he knew that if we'd hit him, he wouldn't have had the chance to get a tap back in.

ScotsmanCalledPaddy
6th Jan 2007, 15:27
...if we'd hit him, he wouldn't have had the chance to get a tap back in.

Had to laugh when I read that.

On a serious note though, the idea of having 2 jags, 2 shags, 1 jab Prescott as president (sorry... prime minister) is actually quite frightening :eek:

MrBernoulli
6th Jan 2007, 15:28
Isn't he 'John The Cabin Boy' from the 'Pugwash'?

ShyTorque
6th Jan 2007, 15:33
I thought the Navy term was "Roger the cabin boy"?

PompeySailor
6th Jan 2007, 15:40
I thought the Navy term was "Roger the cabin boy"?

He was Merchant, not Senior. He was more likely to be known as "Gloria" than "Giovani".

Whirlygig
6th Jan 2007, 15:43
Sorry to be pedantic (not really!) but it was "Tom, the Cabin Boy" in Captain Pugwash!

Cheers

Whirls