PDA

View Full Version : Summernats - Missing your village idiot?

pkd1
4th Jan 2007, 09:58
Ahh, Summernats has arrived in our fair Capital, and the brain-dead of the country have descended upon us. If your local moron or village idiot is missing this weekend, fear not, they're here.

On another note, I might have a suggestion for a new RAAF bombing range or French nuclear test area...:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :mad:

It's not strictly 'aviation related', I know, but there is an airport here.:E

Trash Hauler
4th Jan 2007, 10:31
pkd1: Seeing you live in "HELL" I am very surprised you don't like summernats.

:8

computer says no
4th Jan 2007, 10:33
That would explain the great stampede I noticed on the Hume Highway today, which appeared to be heading in the direction of the nations capital. From a distance looked to be no less than a thousand bulls raging, however on closer inspection, it turned out to be no less than a thousand RM Williams horns rear window stickers.

Another link to aviation for you, 98% of the country's yearly AVGAS supplies are actually used to run this fantastic family event that we have all come to know and love, the other 2% is shared between GA and remote control cars.

OZBUSDRIVER
5th Jan 2007, 14:01
pkd1, ahhhh I detect a small chord of jealousy there. Sounds like you sacrificed too much of your hard earned getting to where you are now. Datsun 180Bs just do not get the girls like a nicely done hotty:E

scrambler
5th Jan 2007, 19:16
Ah I am sensing the realisation that a V8 driver with a mullet, tatts, half his teeth missing wearing Trackies & Mockies can pull more chicks than a pilot in his shiny uniform.

Ultralights
5th Jan 2007, 21:53
or is it the fact that people who don't work in the air industry actually have the cash to waste on a car??

tobzalp
5th Jan 2007, 22:05
Full sick sub woofa.

18-Wheeler
5th Jan 2007, 22:06
or is it the fact that people who don't work in the air industry actually have the cash to waste on a car??

Pfffft .... got eight cars and a bike, thank you very much.
:)

Ultralights
6th Jan 2007, 05:32
rusting heaps don't count! :}

LeadSled
6th Jan 2007, 06:38
Folks,
All youse superior types, Lt. General John Leahy looked like he was having a real good time, playing with “Armygeddon”, a mean machine.
Even wearing his custom Army Summernats t-shirt and cap.
Tootle pip!
:}

Towering Q
6th Jan 2007, 12:32
[Datsun 180Bs just do not get the girls like a nicely done hotty

Don't knock the old 180B, they could get up and go.

The 120Y however, was a bit of a slug.

Islander Jock
6th Jan 2007, 14:36
All youse superior types, Lt. General John Leahy looked like he was having a real good time

Errr do you mean Lieutenant General Peter Leahy, AO? (LTGEN) if you want to abbreviate the rank though.;)

OpsNormal
7th Jan 2007, 01:22
Don't knock the old 180B, they could get up and go.

The 120Y however, was a bit of a slug.

Slug? Not with an A15, and ported GX head and a decent induction/exhaust systems they're not....!!!! :} :} :}

Ah, back to sleep Ops, it's Sunday.;) :zzz:

tinpis
7th Jan 2007, 01:48
Is it me or are souped up utes BORING :zzz: :confused:
18-Wheeler have a listen to the Wild Turkeys "Transvestite Trucker" sometime
..."drives a Pink 18 wheeler....." :p

OZBUSDRIVER
7th Jan 2007, 02:01
"With my high heels awwwwnnnn" YEEHAAA!:}

tinpis
7th Jan 2007, 03:03
:{ Reminds me of "Gladys" from the "Dix til Six" days and the 300 pound tranny Maori down at the Stellas :eek:
All gorn now....just girly-men sitting around sipping Coronas with feckin lemon stuck in the neck :sad:

LeadSled
7th Jan 2007, 03:05
Islander Jock,
Of course, you are quite correct, must have been suffering late night digital dysfunction.
The Head of the Army still looked and sounded like he was having a great time.
Tootle Pip!!

Islander Jock
7th Jan 2007, 04:53
Thank god I only had to endure one Summer Nats when I was posted to Canberra 91 - 92. I guess the event is a whole lot larger and hopefully better organized and controlled than it was back then. Twas absolute bedlam trying to get from Civic back out Belconnen way with Commonwealth Ave jam packed full of dickheads! :ugh:

Good to see ADF getting into the spirit of things too. With dwindling recruitment numbers they need all the PR they can get. :ok:

OZBUSDRIVER
7th Jan 2007, 05:41
According to good mate who is Argentinan. The feckin lemon is used to keep the feckin flies out of the beer:}

Tagneah
7th Jan 2007, 08:32
I have heard that both Ford and Holden are producing "P-Charts" for all their models:

1. Revs required before dropping the clutch to leave a skid of X length in the carpark of the local McDonlads with fat cousin Vinnie in the back

and

2. Amount of retro fitted sub woofer required to loosen the bra strap of some schkippy chick picked up from westfield.

Believe it!

Tag

WilliamOK
7th Jan 2007, 20:59
Waste of an aircraft :uhoh: Better off to be:

"Freak car explosion kills 12,000" :}

gupta
7th Jan 2007, 21:36
It's amazing how tolerant the pilot community is :ugh:

WilliamOK
7th Jan 2007, 23:31
We're only joking, zjeesh......

I'll bet the car freaks at summernats probably think pilots are all a bunch of pompous twats (the ones with brain capacity :} )

There seem to be a lot of killjoys on pprune, ah well what can you do? Maybe laugh.

Towering Q
8th Jan 2007, 00:07
It would certainly shorten the dole queue
Take a look in a Street Machine magazine someday, not too many of these 'car freaks' are on the dole.
Might be a few in the crowd watching the burn-out comps though.

Fliegenmong
8th Jan 2007, 02:28
Can we please move Indy from here to coincide with the Summernats and then blow them all up................please:cool:

tinpis
8th Jan 2007, 02:57
Can we please move Indy from here to coincide with the Summernats and then blow them all up................please

...and all the B&S Balls?

eagle 86
9th Jan 2007, 23:17
...and all those dangerous warbirds!
GAGS
E86

hoopdreams
11th Jan 2007, 05:21
A lot of the rev head idiots are not from Canberra, nor are they from Sydney. They are actually from Queanbeyan which is a town just outside the border. I happen to live in Queanbeyan, and when driving on the road the d!ckhead to decent person ratio is high. Having said that, Queanbo is close to the airport, so there is an updside:ok: