PDA

View Full Version : 737.. risposta disinteressata dagli addetti ai lavori

number
4th Jan 2007, 07:51
A few days ago I happened to be in Bucharest, Romania and out of curiosity I went to Bue Air base to leave my resume and speak with some captain.
I told I was looking for a sort of type rating sponsorship: I commit myself to buy my type rating through Blue Air and in return I asked if I was given the assurance of a contract.
The cheaf pilot answered me by opening his email imbox and showing me a long list of qualified 737 type rated pilots with hours on type who sent him their resume. Hence he said that they don't do these sort of sponsorship because they would rather hire directly an experienced type rated pilot.
This sounded like a big alarm bell for me because I am one of those low hours pilots who is ready to selfsponsor myself and paying 26K € for a 737 TR and then just through myself in the aviation market.
If this was their answer, with all due respect of Blue Air.. I just imagine what the other companies would say....

mgTF
4th Jan 2007, 09:28
...because I am one of those low hours pilots who is ready to selfsponsor myself and paying 26K € for a 737 TR and then just through myself in the aviation market.

Is there somebody with a gun who push you to do that?

Lot of pilots get a job without paying, I understand that everybody looks forward on a liner, but why start directely on a liner? That's what ruin the market, com'on some years in general aviation before joining a liner are not too bad!!!

papazulu
4th Jan 2007, 09:53
It finally happened!

Finally someone got the wisdom to pack a suitcase, arrange a meeting, buy a ticket and go to face the truth! WELL DONE!!!

And hats off for Blue Air chief pilot for speaking out of his chest, selling you the bitter and whole truth. This is what a call a MAN.

Now...hope EVERYBODY will read this and start making room in his/her brain that SSTR won't buy you a job, that nobody is entitled to have a job because of the rating! So...what's next?

Just say NO and buy your TR after you got a job offer or a positive interview outcome.

It's early morning...maybe I am dreaming and it won't happen. But...I have a dream...(Rev.M.L.K.)

PZ :ok: