PDA

View Full Version : Faa Atpl

bunglesboy
3rd Jan 2007, 23:10
Hi Folks

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to do an FAA ATPL course in Australia or the South Pacific, or is it only possible to do it in the USA?

Mr.Buzzy
3rd Jan 2007, 23:21
Yes you can do it over the net now and take the flight test on MS flightsim. There is then a link to the CASA website and they will automatically give you the Aussie ATPL.
I mean why would you bother doing the Aussie subjects at great expense!

bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

Towering Q
4th Jan 2007, 03:36
Flight test!?!...nobody said anything about Flight test!:eek:

Can I do mine on the 777?

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
4th Jan 2007, 07:24
As far as i know you need to go to the states, i did mine at all atps www.allatps.com, at riverside, they were great and in my opinion was a much better learning experience than 7 exams.

To the critics, i have passed all seven exams, i felt my IQ decreasing with every question, the FAA licence opens a great number of door our CASA licence will not, yeh yeh, QF and VB don't accept it, not everyones dream job is flying a big shiny jet with ever decreasing conditions.

Howard Hughes
4th Jan 2007, 07:27
Flight test!?!...nobody said anything about Flight test!:eek:
Can I do mine on the 777?
All MS flight sim flight tests, will be conducted on the Wright Flyer, of course in order to pass you will need to better the Wright brothers time...;)

complane
4th Jan 2007, 09:04
I recall that there was an FAA examiner in Asia somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where it was.

Maybe try calling the FAA in Oklahoma City and asking them.

If not as suggested head to the states and go to one of the ALLATPS schools, at least you can get it done and have a holiday at the same time.

DeltaSix
4th Jan 2007, 21:04
Yes you can do it over the net now and take the flight test on MS flightsim. There is then a link to the CASA website and they will automatically give you the Aussie ATPL.
I mean why would you bother doing the Aussie subjects at great expense!
bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

Mr Buzzy are you serious about this ? I'm really interested, I have already done all 7 subjects for our ATPL but would like to try for the FAA one. I have the 7 tapes and the book for the questions for the FAA ATP exam. I bought it when I went to the states. I'm not sure how to proceed after this. If CASA has the capability then I'll do it.

It's not gonna hurt if you ahve another ATP license.

D6

Mr.Buzzy
4th Jan 2007, 21:08
:ugh:
Who is playing our beloved "game" these days?

bbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz