PDA

View Full Version : Orange Webmail Disaster

pulse1
3rd Jan 2007, 10:40
Is anyone else getting annoyed with Orange webmail?

I have been unable to log on to receive e mails for the last 24 hours. Their help line has a recorded message which says that there is a problem but doesn't say that they are trying to solve it. Their Home website doesn't even mention it, let alone say what they are doing about it.

I phoned their tech support line and was asked by an Indian lady how long I had had a problem. She did not even know that there were any problems.

Well, that's another service provider who goes onto my blacklist:ugh: :ugh:

Smile!!!
3rd Jan 2007, 12:56
I have jsut tried and am having no such problem with the service. I have just sent an E-mail, so unless its just come back online:confused:

SyllogismCheck
3rd Jan 2007, 15:14
No problems here either. That said, they have been messing around with it a lot lately causing it to have its spells of being utterly useless. The new setup seems less stable in general too. A backward step.

Why not set it up as a pop3 account on your email client, that way you may still be able to pull off your email even if you can't access it through the webmail portal. Not so good on the move, I know, but at least it gives another option when at your own computer.

pulse1
3rd Jan 2007, 15:22
Orange are still saying there are problems with "Invalid User Name" messages which what I am still getting.
Orange usually require re activation of your account every three months or so. I suspect that my time is up and they have blocked the usual route to re-activate. If so, the problem may only affect those who need to do re-activate.
If I'm right, all Orangeweb users should be aware of this. When it happens, you lose all access to your e mails and contacts. Quite annoying.

Edited to say that I have, at last, spoken to someone in the UK about my problem and he tells me that my account has been suspended because it hasn't been used - it is used almost every day. Evidently it is because my account is registered as Dial Up and I am using Broadband. All too complicated for me.

Anyway, they have re-activated it for three months so I am grateful to those who let me know their system was working OK.

Evanelpus
3rd Jan 2007, 16:05
I have to speak as I find, dead against call centres being overseas but here's my two pennyworth.

Just before Christmas, I couldn't connect to my Wanadoo (Orange) account. Everytime I clicked Connect, it came up with the same error message. So I checked evrything I could my end and decided it was time to call the Customer Services number.

It was answered by (clearly) an Indian lady called Valerie. After explaining my problem, she went through a number of things with me and came up with the solution to my problem. On my desktop, the icon I click is a wanadoo one and she thought that my internet connection had 'dropped out'...means sod all to me but she seemed to know what she was on about so I went along with it.

After hitting, next and continue for what seemed an eternity, my icon was now an Orange one and I haven't had any problems since. Mind you, I was on the phone for 35 minutes at their rates (don't think Orange CS is cheaprate). You pays yer money.........

Whitehatter
3rd Jan 2007, 17:38
I know it's after the event for the OP, but I've found splitting email away from the connectivity provider is the smart thing to do.

The firm that hosts Jethro's site, does a freebie webmail and forwarding service I was looking at earlier. If you do separate the two, if one goes t1ts up it doesn't mangle the other.

GMail is passable (if nosey), Hotmail barely so and Yahoo in the UK has POP3 available. That's just a few of the free ones. If anyone wants a GMail invite feel free to PM me as I've got loads. :}