PDA

View Full Version : Lagos Warning

apaddyinuk
2nd Jan 2007, 13:15
Hey all, Something I just copied and pasted from the BASSA website...I didnt write it...

"Sorry to scare anyone but if any crew is going to lagos be very careful as passengers waiting for their bags for the last week are attacking crew as they leave the baggage hall and the ground staff are helpless to do anything about it. I have just come back from there and every crew for the last week seem to have been inovled, its gotten so dangerous we had to wiat in the crew bus for 30min outside the terminal till armed guards swept the area for people wanting to take us hostage ya tahts right HOSTAGE and what of course BA has not even sent a warning to the crew about it THANKS alot BA my life is worth more than this (word removed) company, i am well pissed off with them, there was alot of scared crew in Lagos
AS I SAID THIS IS A WARNING as BA cant be bothered to look after you, dont they have a duty of care????? Maybe thats been dropped as well
Be SAFE"

Just a word of warning to the rest of you as likelyhood is your airlines are not warning you either.

Be safe and see you in the hotel bar!!!

TopBunk
2nd Jan 2007, 14:47
Most other airlines don't operate from the hellhole that is Heathrow.

Is is the disgraceful T4 baggage system operated by BAA that is failing BA and its customers here, aided and abetted to some extent by the BA baggage handlers being rostered in a different manner prior to the move to T5 and playing silly bUggers.

The locals in LOS are angry at the lack of performance in repatriating their bags a week or so later and threatening/acting menacingly towards flight and cabin crew.

In the meantime about 10,000 bags are at LHR awaiting repatriation, some apparently from last August's security fiasco.

apaddyinuk
3rd Jan 2007, 14:51
Topbunk, Surely as a rational person you agree that violence towards ANYONE is not acceptable even over a bit of lost luggage! This is a total disgrace but something I dont expect the muppet nation that is Nigeria are ever going to sort out. It would not be tolerated in any other nation. You almost make it sound like the Nigerians are right to threaten and abuse the crew!

TopBunk
3rd Jan 2007, 16:06
You almost make it sound like the Nigerians are right to threaten and abuse the crew!

I have re-read my post and find it difficult to put that interpretation on it.

I was endeavouring to add facts, not opinion.

However, to clarify, I do not and never will condone violence (or threats thereof) against anyone.

OzzieO
5th Jan 2007, 06:31
Just arrived back from Lagos two hours ago. All calmed down now. Nothing to worry about.

jagunmolu
5th Jan 2007, 20:05
I would like to take offence to the statement made by CAVOWHATEVA,YOU KNOW ITS NOT FAIR TO MAKE SUCH RANDOM STATEMENTS ABOUT THE nigerian PEOPLE ,sniff date?please ill not want to say anything but you need to apologise for making such statements about a nation.Were people not fighting and shouting also at HEATHROW AND GATWICK airports?did it make UK a nation of druggies?:{

TightSlot
5th Jan 2007, 20:21
I'm not convinced that the statement made actually warrants the degree of offence that you have chosen to take, however in the interests of global peace and harmony and the brotherhood of all peoples and nations - it has now been deleted.