PDA

View Full Version : ATR 42/72 order for Australian operator?

Warped Wings
2nd Jan 2007, 01:45
According to the latest Australian Aviation magazine (page 6)

ATR is believed to be close to signing its first Australian customer in the next few months.

So who would that be?? Skywest?

30/30 Green Light
2nd Jan 2007, 03:44
Try a commuter airline based at a "military" base just outside SYD.(:confused: NW)

rammel
2nd Jan 2007, 05:10
I also heard that a Sth Australian company was looking at getting one ATR.

Kiaruku Kid
2nd Jan 2007, 06:05
There is one very cheap ATR sitting outside Hawker Pacific in CNS for information. P2 ALA ex Airlink (PNG) being baby sat by Hawkers and looking for a new home. I heard less than a million Ausy was ball park. Could be a cheapy but usyer pays for EGPWS or equivalent.

podbreak
2nd Jan 2007, 08:42
ATR showed off its aircraft to Skippers, Airnorth and M*cair. Considering Skippers opted for the Dash 8-300 and Airnorth decided to go jets, one would assume those townsville folks are about to do a deal. However...

I'll throw in a wild card, what about Pearl?

captwawa
2nd Jan 2007, 10:21
nar not pearl u think they would get a Doriner as its on their AOC already..

wot about JC i heard that rumour

Torres
2nd Jan 2007, 11:32
Won't be the first of type. Bush Pilots Airways/Air Quensland had three ATR42-100s twenty years ago.

bne019
2nd Jan 2007, 13:20
I would not be surprised if it was M*cair. I believe they were due to make a decision on a new aircraft type around December 2006.

Sqwark2000
3rd Jan 2007, 05:57
In NZ, word is about that Mt. Cook was asked by M*cair to help introduce the ATR to their ops in a simialr fashion to what is being done in Fiji at present... word from a Cook driver is that Mt. Cook couldn't commit due stretched resources but may have mentioned to it's pilots that unpaid leave may be available to those that want a short term change of scenery....
S2K

Defenestrator
3rd Jan 2007, 10:58
I'm tipping there's at least one chap at Mt. Cook that won't be offering his services to M****r. Hope life is treating you well mate. Regards to DW also.

D:ok:

OPSH24
29th Jan 2007, 05:39
Any news then on the M@c@1r aircraft replacement/update ?

BPA
29th Jan 2007, 06:32
Hawker Pacific advertised for ATR engineers last week and they do Mac@air's maintenance.

Aussie
29th Jan 2007, 13:37
Who wants to take a punt at the number of aircraft?

apacau
1st Feb 2007, 00:31
New Era For M****r Airlines
Queensland's M****r Airlines will become the first Australian carrier to introduce the European ATR42-500, a 50 passenger high speed regional airliner, as part of a continuing programme of expansion to support the booming economy.
The airline's multi-million dollar investment in the new aircraft will increase the seating capacity and cabin comfort which M****r can provide for contract services to mining communities and scheduled flights to major regional centres.
The acquisition of the ATR - to be delivered in the first quarter of 2007 - also demonstrates the continued commitment of M****r to support regional business travellers, and follows the recent introduction of two additional SAAB 340B aircraft to upgrade existing routes and open new services.
The ATR 42-500 is an in-production aircraft that is fast, comfortable, and has the highest reliability in its class.
"The economy is experiencing unprecedented growth in the resources sector and we need to meet this by upgrading our fleet and introducing new technology," said M****r Managing Director, Mr Randal McFarlane.
"After a detailed assessment of several aircraft types, we selected the ATR42-500 as it will deliver not only the extra capacity required by our customers, but a new level of comfort for travellers to regional destinations," he said.
"This aircraft is ideally suited to the Australian conditions due to its ability to operate in 'hot and high'' conditions and to short airfields," he noted.
Although new to Australia, the ATR 42-500 and the larger ATR72-500 are in operation elsewhere in the Pacific region, flying with operators in New Zealand, New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Fiji.

bne019
1st Feb 2007, 00:32
New Era For Mac@ir Airlines
Travelbeat Aviation News - 1 FEB 2007

Queensland's ****** Airlines will become the first Australian carrier to introduce the European ATR42-500, a 50 passenger high speed regional airliner, as part of a continuing programme of expansion to support the booming economy.

The airline's multi-million dollar investment in the new aircraft will increase the seating capacity and cabin comfort which ****** can provide for contract services to mining communities and scheduled flights to major regional centres.

The acquisition of the ATR - to be delivered in the first quarter of 2007 - also demonstrates the continued commitment of ****** to support regional business travellers, and follows the recent introduction of two additional SAAB 340B aircraft to upgrade existing routes and open new services.

(Article continues...)
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/qantasflyer/mATR.jpg

DutyofCare
1st Feb 2007, 01:14
****** has had many,many years at being a Re-active airline instead of being Pro-active in this industry. Look at their report card over the years which include: massive problems with the then Horizon Airlines, crew moral, engineering and a poor public standing throught the eyes of there rural "punters". Having lost some mining work lately, we feel that this is a little to late to save this dysfunctional airline. Moreover, fantastic work Dav and to his boys here in CS @ Skytrans :D go forth and capture the hole that has been left by ******s inability. OK Randal, now kick some more aussie aircrews and introduce kiwi crews to fly these ATR's...:ugh:

Casper
1st Feb 2007, 01:29
Expect one pax version and two freighters to enter service with different operators SOON.