PDA

View Full Version : EC135 Ratings in USA

zigandzag
1st Jan 2007, 19:26
Does anybody know of a school in the USA (preferably Florida) where I may obtain an EC135 rating?

I currently hold a JAR CPL(H).

I eventually plan to complete an IR on type.

GoodGrief
1st Jan 2007, 19:35
You're doing a JAA IR in the US ?

Curtis E Carr
1st Jan 2007, 19:37
I assume that you wish to add the rating to your JAR CPL(H). If this is the case, you must go to an approved TRTO.
The list of CAA approved TRTOs is here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF). You will note that there are no CAA-approved organisations outside the UK. I have no idea if any other JAA country has approved such a TRTO.

Following GoodGrief's question, there are also no CAA-approved IR organisations in the USA.

HillerBee
1st Jan 2007, 19:45
Not possible in the US.

It's quite hard in Europe as well by the way, at Eurocopter you have to bring your own EC135.

GoodGrief
1st Jan 2007, 20:05
Not possible in the US.
It's quite hard in Europe as well by the way, at Eurocopter you have to bring your own EC135.

Well, Helitravel in Munich is an option.
My last info on the price tag: around €20000.

B Sousa
3rd Jan 2007, 01:31
I am guessing that ZigandZag has an extremely large pocket full of money or that question would not even be brought to the forum.

Best bet is to get a job with a company that has the machine and get your training there. If you have the quals the job will be easy......If your a 200 hour Robbie Driver, then opt for the pocket full of money.

zigandzag
4th Jan 2007, 13:19
As for the 200 hour quote, it is more like 180. I have a course booked up for an FAA IR with the idea of coming back to the UK and converting it back to a JAR IR. As the IR course in the UK uses an EC135 (this might be at Staverton), I thought it would be an idea to get a rating in the states then do the remaining hours in the UK.

Sound simple? :ok:

Bladecrack
4th Jan 2007, 14:49
Yeah, sounds simple, but it never is! :ugh:
You would probably be better going for the whole thing at Staverton, they will quote you a fair price for Type Rating and IR all in one, but it still aint gonna be cheap, £30K or so... :uhoh:
Good Luck,
BC.

Famous Pierre
9th Jan 2007, 09:00
Staverton (Bond Training Services) also have the advantage of an EC135 FTD, which should reduce the cost for you. www.bondairservices.com (http://www.bondairservices.com)

Good luck