PDA

View Full Version : Air Mauritius wannabees

flyingsaucer
1st Jan 2007, 14:27
hello

does anyone know if air mauritius is hiring and if yes in what aircraft do they hire and what are the mins?

Thanks

amorette
4th Jan 2007, 19:06
Yes,it has arrived.Does not make any difference on how they treat their pilots.Hopefully things will change in March!

rwethereyet
5th Jan 2007, 21:36
MK Wannabees!?!? Is that like wanting root canal!?!?:E

flyingsaucer
6th Jan 2007, 18:01
hi

so is there anyone here able to answer the question of minimum requirements for air mauritius ?

thanks

PilotVD
7th Jan 2007, 03:59
Why don't you ask these guys?
Recruitment Personnel:
Capt. Fab Onofri , Pilot Recruitment [email protected] ([email protected])
Capt. Roddie McGregor, Pilot Recruitment [email protected] ([email protected])
Mr. P. Banymandhub, Dir Flt Operations
Ms. Joyce Pierot, Ops Secretary

or you can even contact:
Irvin Balgobin

Air Mauritius Ltd

HR Department

SSR International Airport

Plaine Magnien

Tel: (+230) 603 35 12

Fax: (+230) 202 33 17

Email: [email protected] ([email protected])

Good Luck!

Sir Osis of the river
7th Jan 2007, 08:28
Good Luck trying to get anything out of IB. HR is a joke.

He could not be bothered to help present employees, so what chance wannabees??

Good Luck indeed

PilotVD
7th Jan 2007, 16:12
I recently sent my CV back in Dec, and was contacted by IB by phone and by email just after a few days. In the email he advised me to contact him for further querries. I then did as I'd a few questions. I spoke to IB who was very helpful.(I'm a wannabe with CPL already)
PS: not related to him or protecting him btw.
so anyone can always try.

flyingsaucer
8th Jan 2007, 15:53
thanks for the info

i have 2500 hours with 1500 jet time.
i have FAA license
what are my chances of getting hired, and anyone know how the interview process goes?

4HolerPoler
8th Jan 2007, 20:10
Dreamboat alert!

Mauritius is a long way from home flyingsaucer - think about it.

4HP

Sir Osis of the river
8th Jan 2007, 21:46
FS,

Heed 4HP's advice.

The pitifull amount of Rupees you will earn will not be enough to get you all the way home once a year. Assuming you could get the leave!!

Better to stay closer to home and earn real money

flyingsaucer
8th Jan 2007, 23:15
well thanx for those suggestions but from what i heard the pay isnt that bad, at least better than what i make at a regional.
and after a couple of years its decent pay and the island is beautifull.

PilotVD
9th Jan 2007, 03:50
Hey Fyingsaucer,
I'd suggest that you give it a try! Afterall it'll be a change, beautiful island with lots of cosmopolitans. I know some expats are not very happy with the management but doesnot mean that you won't be treated nice. There has been recent changes in management.
Try to have a read at the lastest post "Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)"

Good Luck

flyingsaucer
9th Jan 2007, 22:27
thanks for the support

why do the expat complain about?
and by the way i am french

localiserreborn
10th Jan 2007, 15:15
I know some expats are not very happy with the management Anybody give me the name of one company where this does not happen!

:)

PilotVD
11th Jan 2007, 04:02
It has been a major issue re: AirMtius and expats!!
I don't understand why you would even comment on that! I'd suggest you read all the thread re: AirMauritius.
Cheers.

localiserreborn
11th Jan 2007, 14:22
I'd suggest you read all the thread re: AirMauritius.Don't need to, I am there. I know the situation very well.

I am not saying everything is good here. Not at all. Browsing through pprune, I have not seen one company with everybody happy with management. If there is one such company, I would be the very interested to know the name. Or maybe these guys don't post on pprune?:}

PilotVD
11th Jan 2007, 15:28
why do the expat complain about?

and by the way i am french

Hey flyingsaucer, i'd suggest u PM localiserreborn as he seems to know so much about AirMtius Management.
n yes being French would help a lot as most of the Mauritian do speak French though English being the national language.(u might already know that by now i guess)
:ok:

BUB
16th Jan 2007, 14:02
Hello ,

I would like to know if MK are looking for cabin crew and if you have any email add to send a cv ..

Many thanks

ATPLwhoops
16th Jan 2007, 21:31
Hello,

I recently applied for the MK Cadet scheme just before christmas. I'm still waiting on a response to see whether or not i have been selected for interview. I called sometime last week and spoke to IB, he told me that not all the applications were in and was waiting for adverts to stop. He is very nice person, very informative. I would just like to know how long im expecting to wait. I was also wondering where the adverts are posted in Mauritius?

Thanks all

ATPLwhoops

PilotVD
17th Jan 2007, 04:07
Hi ATPLwhoops,
how did you apply for the cadetship scheme when it has not been advertised on either the local press nor on the Air Mauritius website.
And before one is selected for the interview, he would have gone through a series of tests(aptitude,psyc, team work...)!You'll be invited to participate if you are eligible.
Have I been missing something as I've been keeping a close look for the next vacancy after the last bacth went to 43flying school.
Quote :"spoke to IB, he told me that not all the applications were in and was waiting for adverts to stop"

why would he say that?? waiting for the adverts to stop which never started!

RaviMk stated in his thread that AirMauritius has received lots of cadetship applications even though that the vacancy has not been advertised yet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
VD

Sir Osis of the river
17th Jan 2007, 07:33
[Have I been missing something as I've been keeping a close look for the next vacancy after the last bacth went to 43flying school.
Quote :"spoke to IB, he told me that not all the applications were in and was waiting for adverts to stop"

why would he say that?? waiting for the adverts to stop which never started!

RaviMk stated in his thread that AirMauritius has received lots of cadetship applications even though that the vacancy has not been advertised yet.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
VD[/QUOTE]

VD,

As I said earlier about IB, Good Luck.

Anybody can seem nice in an e-mail or on the telephone. Now you should understand that what they, (MK Management), say and what actually happens are light years apart.:ugh:

However, that said, if you can ignore the lies and deception, spiralling inflation and dubious rostering practices, it really can be a pleasant job for a while.

SO

PilotVD
17th Jan 2007, 08:22
It could have been a misunderstanding from ATPLwhoops, as really the vacancy has not been on the press yet!
Sir O, I'd guess you'd understand that pilot wannabes with a Mauritian citizenship don't have to much of an option.
Where do you think someone can go with a bare CPL?
That's why, we(most of us i'd believe) rely so much on Air Mauritius. We would have to put up with the worse if any to start our career.
It's good that you are warning us but you can also give some encouragement or advices to wannabes.
cheers
VD

ATPLwhoops
17th Jan 2007, 08:48
Hi,

I was told for sure that not all applications were in yet! I dont know what is going on then!

Lets hope they come up with something soon.

ATPLwhoops

UAU242
17th Jan 2007, 15:44
PilotVD, this is why I would be very very cautious about training privately if I was only limited to Air Mauritius, which a young Mauritian would be currently.

As for this cadetship, I havent been told about any adverts either! And whats this business of waiting for all the applications to come in...how would you know how many applications will be received after an advert is sent out???? AtplWhoops, I fear IB just wanted to get you off the phone as politely as possible as his cup of tea was getting cold!
UAU242

JPHIL68
17th Jan 2007, 16:20
hello evbdy

i have more than2000HRS and 1600HRS on A320 and i m looking for a new places and mk could be one of them

i would like to know the real conditions the salary and the way of life and of course the cost

thank s a lot for all answers

fly safe:ok:

PilotVD
17th Jan 2007, 17:59
thx UAU242,
too late to adopt your advice as I'm already a CPL holder but could not afford anymore with the CIR due to mounting debts as I did a degree in Avaition as well!
that's why I'm relying a lot on the cadetship scheme. Hope my chances are high in getting through the next intake. I guess there are a lot of self sponsored Mauritian pilots who also want to get in.
cheers
VD

flyingsaucer
18th Jan 2007, 14:09
hi JPHIL68

well i am like you i am currently flying in the USA but i am a french citizen with over 2500 hours and about 1500 hours jet and looking at a change of scenery.
i sent my stuff in for MK and i am now waiting, bu tth emor ei wait and the more i read about this airline the less it is tempting.
work rules seems to be inexistent an doesnt seem well strucutured, an dthe pay isnt great.
are you currently flying?
who do you fly for?

PilotVD
21st Jan 2007, 04:19
hey danythau,
great to hear from another self sponsored pilot. It seems that there r many like us out there. One would think that CPL holders will have a better chance in getting through the selection scheme but u r right in saying that "the rejection rate in the screening process for licences holders are far higher than for ab-initio candidates... ".
Airlines prefer someone gets trained by their structure/syllabus, just like the Air force for military would not even consider someone for pilot training if he/she has a flying experience beyond certain number of hours. they want u to be in their comfort zone and not yours!
i know it s**ks!!
mounting debts, don't even talk about it, for me it came to a point that I was unable to start my IR, did the silly mistake of doing an Aviation dregree for AUS$15,000/yr for 3 yrs!
Well i hope this time AirMtius will take more cadets with CPL already as I heard 4 out of the 13 ab initio cadets who went to 43 flying school recently returned home after failing a flying test( i'd assume) after the assessment at the completion of 18 hours flying training!
Pls correct me if i'm wrong, not too sure on the source.
also heard that the cadetship scheme is not too far!!
anyway Gud luck to everyone.
Cheers
VD

UAU242
21st Jan 2007, 18:18
Hi there
I spoke to the chief instructor of 43 recently who told me that only the 2 girls had returned home, maybe since then another 2 have been chopped. In any case, how good is the selection process if at such an early stage already a few have not progressed enough? (admittedly there are always some who don't progress, but good guys were passed over in the last selection!)...I agree with pilotVD and suspect that they look for people who will "fit" in with the company, i might be wrong. I've been told that this is the aim of the personality tests (and you can draw your own conclusions from the fact that the results are "confidential"). Also, i think to an extent its true that they like to train you in their approved school. But they seem to change school, always going to whichever is the best value, every few years its seems. Now its sounds as if the JAA license in Australia will be cheaper than SA and funnily enough I've heard from somewhere or other that they considering it! Add to this that they DO take on guys who've trained in other schools. But this is the same as airlines in the UK. So its not just mk. I suppose what I'm trying to say is if we all go and do our best then their is a chance we'll make it eventually.
PilotVD, don't think of your degree as a waste of money. I did a Finance degree before starting training, and even though it was money that I could have spent on training, it is still a valuable back-up. At any time you can lose your medical, God forbid. But the degree could prove very valuable one day! So its good that you have it!
Hi Dannythau, groundschool is tough, but i'm getting through it, taking it one day at a time! Will be very glad when its all over! Mainly because after this its time to go hourbuilding!!! Should be great fun!
One last thing, no disrespect pilotvd but if you've heard that the cadet selection is not far off, then plan for it in 6 months time, this is "not far off" with MK!
UAU242

PilotVD
22nd Jan 2007, 15:31
hey Dany & UAU,
I fully agree that the Aviation degree is not a waste but would have preferred to start it after obtaining the licences.
Just a bit confused if the pre-requisites to enter the Cadetship scheme with licences require one to have a CPL and an IR as well as an ATPL frozen, I won't make it and will have to apply as an ab initio. I'm just a little bit mad at myself and hence that winge!
Recent enquiry with HR, IB advised that only a CPL is required but I'm not too sure as it might have been different in previous vacancies, unless they have changed the pre-requisites now.
Does anyone still keep the advert for last time?
Yes,about the drop outs, I might have an explanation but not too sure.
with other airlines like Qantas, before one attempt the psyc test after successfully tackled the Aptitude test, he/she has to do a WOMBAT test, which measures one's hand and eye coordination which is vital to passing through with minimum hours and hence minimising airline training cost.
Does Air Mtius conduct a Wombat test?
One can be very good with IQ and meet the profile on the psyc test but if that person is not good with hand and eye coordination, he/she would be shafted!
About the next cadetship intake, I'm just hanging in there. It has been a long wait, sources say that it was due back in Nov 2006 but due to the reshuffling, it has been delayed. how far??? who knows???
I'm so tempted to go and finish off my 2 subjects to complete my CASA ATPL frozen.
But recently spoke to a Mauritian pilot who joined the cadetship scheme a few years ago, advised me that he had to do JAA ATPL frozen, inspite having a CASA ATPL.
so shd I go all the way to Melbourne to finish off the ATPL?
cheers
thx for replying...

UAU242
22nd Jan 2007, 16:07
As far as i know, mk dont do the WOMBAT test or any other hand/eye coordination tests. If i recall correctly, it was Aptitude, psychometric, group excercise, interviews.
Pilotvd, if the CPL is sufficient to apply for the scheme for low hours guys then i would hold on and do that. mk do not bear the cost of training anymore, instead the State Bank will give you a loan. So, if you get through then you could end up having gone to australia for nothing. On the other hand, having finished off all the training might work in your favour. Best get advice from someone experienced i think...:ok:

PilotVD
22nd Jan 2007, 17:15
Thx mate.
going to see some ppl down SSR Intl Airport sometime next week, so that I can get some advice.
cheers
VD

localiserreborn
23rd Jan 2007, 07:15
the rejection rate in the screening process for licences holders are far higher than for ab-initio candidates... Just want to comment about this. You guys must realise that Air Mauritius is not a Flying school but an airline and when you join with your self sponsored licence they expect you to perform to a certain minimum level because they don't have the time and resources to train you in the sim and on line to do the basic stuff. They are reluctant to employ self sponsored guys because usually these guys are forced to fly the minimum hours to get their cpl and ir because of financial difficulties, especially at the end of the training, with the result that the ir training is barely enough to get through. You must realise that all flights being filed under ifr, it is important for those joining to have a strong ifr background/knowledge. Also, the aircraft you start on is relatively big and fast compared to the ones that you fly in a flying school or club, so you have to perform quickly and MK cannot afford to send you back to the sim for another training session!

Anyway, good luck to all of you out there. I can't tell you much about the selection process as I am not involved but I can tell you about the airline. Air Mauritius is not the best airline but certainly not the worse one. Don't listen to all the b!tch!ng on these websites. There are always 2 sides of every story. I have been arround here for a while now and am still here, for how long?? Nobody knows. But something is for sure, I don't regret it. Air Mauritius is the best start you can have as a career in aviation for a mauritian.

Cheers,

Loc

UAU242
23rd Jan 2007, 19:10
hi localiserreborn,
In defense of self-sponsored guys, surely if we've trained at a good school and have passed the IR flight test then we are performing to a standard suitable for ifr flying (some better than others, naturally)? Do the ab-initio's not train at a Flying School the same as sponsored guys do, and do they not do the same line training and type rating that the self-sponsored guys do? Do they not also fly the light training aircraft that we fly at our flying school? Do they fly more hours than we do as part of their training?
I suspect you are comparing experienced guys versus fresh-out-of-school self-sponsored guys, in which case I totally agree with what you have said. But if you are comparing self-sponsored versus ab-initio's surely they base it on who is "right for the company" (as well as the other stuff that goes on..you know what i mean).

In any case reiterating danny, thanks for the encouragement. Its much needed on these long, cold nights with a book on radio navigation in front of me!
UAU

PilotVD
24th Jan 2007, 03:12
hi UAU,
I do agree with you but Airlines will have a special eye to where u've been trained. Airlines are a bit skeptical of small flying schools or clubs and they speculate that the right standard has not been achieved and LOC is right in saying that sometimes licenses are granted by certain schools for the sake that one is in a difficult financial position or will be spending a fortune there.
Some flying schools do in-cooperate training such as aerobatics training and compulsory to do a NVFR amongst other stuffs before continuing with a CPL to improve one's confidence and to be good with hand&eye coordination and thus producing great pilots.
other schools or clubs (not all obviously) do not stress on all this in their flying syllabus.
That's why Airlines would prefer to take cadets who have been trained at flying schools which normally trained Airline cadets. I've been trained at GFS Melbourne and trust me they are really tough,"black or white no in between, if u get what i mean". They do training for a lot of Airlines, namely Qantas, China, Vietnam...."

On this token, I'm sure LOC was not comparing fresh out cadets to experienced cadets. He did put a good point across.

UAU, Danny or anyone could please suggest good books for the aptitude testing, i went on google, too many!!! I'm looking for one which resembles the format of the aptitude test that AirMtius conducts.

Thx and Good Luck to everyone.

localiserreborn
24th Jan 2007, 05:52
Hi again,

I don't mean to compare schools or comment on anybody's standard. I have no feedback or experience on this.

When air mauritius sends ab-initio cadets to a school, it has a bit of control on what training the pilots go through and are able to monitor progress and even stop training for guys (or girls) that do not make enough progress or who are weaker (although I think that they have a deal like a guarantee from 43rd that the cadets graduating from that school will make it to the aircraft type rating, that would explain the early chopping of some cadets last year...not confirmed so please consider only as a rumour).

Anyway, when you come in for the interview with your licence already acquired, mk does not know your background and your training and has to decide if they are going to spend money on you for your type rating and be satisfied with your performance. It is a bit of a gamble for the company and they want to keep all the chances on their side. This is why it is more difficult to get through this way.

But keep the faith as they say. Always keep your calm, look in control and beleive in yourselves and in your habilities. You have to show them that you are motivated, ready to learn from them and make a career starting with them, that you are reliable and that they are not going to waste their money on you and that you are going to make it to the left hand seat easily one day.

But don't show that you are over-confident and most of all, be honest. If you don't know the answer from one question, think about it for a moment and then say you are sorry you don't know and will look it up in your books.

There are no tricks during the interview and you will be asked to talk about yourselves and asked a few technical questions to test your knowledge. As I say, I don't know what is asked but I would not go in too much detail in the theory (maybe a little bit of aerodynamics) but check more practical things like flight planning, fuel requirements for our kind of operation, IFR procedures and rules etc...( guys who have been through the interviews lately should give you more details). I think that you need to make a good impression most of all.

Good luck to all and let us know on pprune how you go.

Cheers,

Loc

UAU242
24th Jan 2007, 19:04
Many thanks for the advice localiser! Pilotvd, try a search on this website, you should find something. I bought all my books from amazon.com, they definitely helped for the aptitude tests! Make sure you get a book on verbal reasoning! Thats a tough test, even for native English speakers!
UAU

PilotVD
25th Jan 2007, 05:00
Thx,
I've been looking on this website as well, n found MICOPAT, "Test your own IQ" by Eysenck. pilapt prep and amongst others.
they r a bit different to what Air Mauritius had last time.
It consisted of an arithmetic which test a lot on graphical analysis or pie charts with 5 questions each, the "verbal" section but they didn't have grammar or stuff like that but instead had small passages with i think 5 questions of 4 statements each and you had to chose 2 true statement re the comprehension and finally a reasoning test( I'm not too sure how they call them).
the test came from abroad ASE or even ACE or something close to that, the organization is defintely based in UK from memory.
I went on the ASE website but they don't sell copies individually!
Last time I bought ARCO- Military flight aptitude tests which was ok but not concentrated on airline aptitude as I've described above.
cheers
VD

UAU242
25th Jan 2007, 16:06
Hi pilotvd, the verbal reasoning is not a grammar test. Its a reasoning test! Hence the excercises that you were talking about. Search for verbal reasoning on pprune, I found a few and they were very good. I think the important thing is to get your mind working, of course doing the same kind of questions does help. In general, look for books on Aptitude Testing rather than IQ testing.
Cheers
UAU

PilotVD
26th Jan 2007, 14:49
Thx UAU.
I did order a few books on Amazon yesterday n got one on verbal reasoning as u mentioned.
hope they will be to what I'm expecting.
VD

PilotVD
29th Jan 2007, 04:37
that's well said about those who have got in but prefer to stay in their small corner rather than sharing their experiences with all the wannabes! May be they have not tackled the CRM aspect yet, they will soon realise that the acronym "TEAM" means Together Everyone Achieves More. Anyway we can't pull their legs, they will be our colleagues if we r through n they might be seriously busy!
yep dany I'm still waiting for the books, it might be one more week away, will let u guys know how good r they.
thx for the clarification on the verbal reasoning, but still remember the 1st aptitude test i did, comprised of some synonyms, antonyms n fill in appropriate words to make proper sentences. but last one only had passages with True/False statements.they have changed the format.
take care
VD

Sir Osis of the river
29th Jan 2007, 09:52
Don't know if it helps, or even if it is atill available, but Quantas used to have sample papers with very similar questions to what the "Gee whizz bang" brigade , AKA the shrink at MK asks, on their website.

It was somewhere on the pilot application section I think.

Best of luck

PilotVD
29th Jan 2007, 15:19
thx Sir Osis,
all those who want to give Qantas psych test a go, here is the link
http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/employment/QTests.pdf

cheers
VD

lilou_21
3rd Feb 2007, 11:57
Does anyone know when is the next intake of cabin crew for mk……

PilotVD
11th Feb 2007, 11:37
hey Lilou,
it looks that no one has got an answer for u!
from memory when i was last speaking to a friend back in July, he advised me that Air Mauritius was conducting selection for cabin crew. I'd guess you have missed out, but keep an eye on the local press as I think they would required more due to the expansion of our fleet.

But here is another chance!!!
I'm not sure if you'll be ready to be based in another country!
if it's a YES, you shd consider reading today's newspaper, the WEEK-END page 31.
QATAR AIRWAYS is recruiting cabin crew.
If you want to join the 5-star airline, there's an open day at
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTER -
Les Pailles, on the 25th FEB 2007 at 0900 sharp

You will have to apply online at http://www.qatarairways.com/hr_cabincrew.html
you will have also, on the day to bring your cv,full length and passport sized photograph.
Assuming that your at least 20 yrs old and 157.5 cm(arm reach 212cm)

Good luck

ToiletDucky
11th Feb 2007, 20:00
I sent my resume in via email to the two recruiting pilots. Maybe it will turn a head :confused:

777SandMan
15th Feb 2007, 17:28
Be very carefull about Air Maurituis - too many of their pilots at Emirates and the picture they paint is not very good.:\

lilou_21
18th Feb 2007, 16:41
hey thx PilotVD for replyin....well qatar airways is far from Emirates but well may be i'll send my cv. by the way i have send my cv to Emirates in dec but haven't receive any answer frm them so i think it's better droping EK :sad:

PilotVD
19th Feb 2007, 08:06
hi lilou,
i thought Emirates did interview some Mauritians down at Labourdonnais (Caudan) in the last week of Dec 06. Candidates were to show up with passport n full length photos.
Those who were successful with the initial interview would be contacted...
well u have to keep ur options open, once u build some experience, u can always switch to another airline of ur preference.

Good luck!

FL999
14th Sep 2009, 08:04
As this thread seems to be long dead, may I try to revive it a lil? Anyone know if MK are planning to hire Cadets this year or next year? Anyone know the e-mail address of HR so I can send my CV and contact them? Thx guys!:ok:

mb2ai
30th Sep 2009, 10:33
Hey all, I'd be interested to know about the above too....

Also would anyone know if the contacts listed on page 1, 'fonfori' and 'Irvin' are still the correct people to contact?

Also is there anymore detail on the recruitment process for fATPL licence holders???

Thanks guys.

Woof etc
5th Oct 2009, 01:36
A couple of years back I spent the best part of a day filling out the Air Mauritius application forms and getting together all the required documentation before submitting my application by registered mail. At that stage my total flying time was around 3500 hrs.

After waiting a couple of weeks and hearing nothing, I sent a couple of mails to various contacts in the HR dept. asking if they could simply confirm if they had received my cv - no reply. I was then given a contact email for a Mr Leung by a friend and I sent him an email asking the same thing. Nothing. I then contacted a Captain Mc Gregor - like the others he couldn't afford me the courtesy of a response.

If the HR department at Air Maurtius is indicative of the rest of the airline, then I wouldnt bother applying.

WAC-chart
2nd Mar 2010, 09:40
So finally uve all witnessd HR of Mk was suspended by ICAC ( was on news in feb 2010). why? bribery for 2007 cadet pilot position ..when there is no meritocracy at all.

lemme reassure to mauritian citizen, u need backing to get into this company. I no longer work for the company now.

mumby50
16th Mar 2010, 01:46
Good for you WAC-chart you left MicKey Mouse Airlines….(MK) !!!. As you know, many people here are working on this as well… The way they have been treating people last year showed us how bad they are. It doesn’t matter if you have 20 years seniority or 2 years, if you are an expat or a local. They are loosing, year after year, their best local pilots. Expat are also jumping the ship fast forward!!

The way contract renewal is handle is terrible. One day you are out of a job, The next day you will have 3 months break before your next contract. A few weeks later they call you in for work because they realize they are short….A senior local pilot was advise by email, while on a lay over, that after returning base he was out. A few pilots over 60, some with freshly renewed contract were fired since they were over 60!!! They were given contract when they were over 60 and they finally decide that they don’t want them any more. You had an interview with another airline, you are fired. You are thinking about retirement, you are fired. All this happened last year……and the list goes on and continue to happen!!!!

Don’t trust anyone from the “dream team”. They will call you my friend when they need something from you, but stab you in the back at the first occasion. They are there to protect themselves and look after their own well-being. If you don’t say or do what they want you are told that you may end up on the black list….HR is there only to sc..w you up and do whatever is needed not to pay what is owned to you. Here I am not talking about corruption, it has been mentioned on another posts…..

This is how it goes at Air Mauritius and I could say much more…..

For, Goahead2010, who PM me, the information above should help, interview: you can expect some technical stuff, HR girl or guy might test you with some questions, all in all nothing different from other places. First year FO basic salary is euros 2842/monthly.

Cheers

Coto
17th Mar 2010, 16:23
I just got an e-mail offering me 4100€ + 900 house allowance for f/o A330 Air Mauritius....

Anyone getting this as well?

I read all the information about air mauritius, most of it is outdated...

Is it really that bad?

coltrane
17th Mar 2010, 20:07
@Coto,

sorry can't help you, but 4100 doesn't seem to much for a 330 postion...:(
Just out of interest, are you 330 rated?

Ate ja

Coto
17th Mar 2010, 20:16
Yep!

I am A330 rated.

That's the offer they sent me, i've heard of 6000€ per month, so that's why i am asking....

mumby50
18th Mar 2010, 00:39
Well, as I said basic salary for A340 F/O, first year is euros 2842. At the top of the salary scale, means after 15 years it is up to euros 4093. Don’t think about an upgrade to the left seat any more. There are enough local pilots to fill all future slots.

Ask them to fax you page 2 of the contract, it is were you will see your basic salary!!

Housing allowance is around euros 600, it is paid in local currency. Expect to pay around 1000 euros for a descent place. This is what they probably mean when they told you 1000 euros!!!! What is missing comes from your pocket!!!

Coto, 6000 euros is for a 15 years Captain on A340 or A330. If you are rated and have a job better stay were you are…..

They are lying to you, nobody trust them any more. Pilot unions are fighting them in court continuously. The last MOU they signed with the unions is not respected by them. They are breaching it big time as well as your individual contract.

This is reality.....

inchallah
18th Mar 2010, 17:56
Coto, stay well clear my friend. If you have no desire to move to left seat and happy to just sit on the beach then this job is for you. That is if you are not too knackered from flying your butt off because they are seriously low on crew.
Remember you will never know if you can ever meet friends or family because they will never confirm your LEAVE until the roster is released, so you can forget about buying cheap low cost tickets, if you were planning to go somewhere on a firm seat at a cheap price. That said, you might find you LEAVE cancelled even after it has been confirmed "due to operational requirements", loosely translated, they are a bunch of jungle monkeys with no clue how to plan ahead.
The money you were quoted is correct, however this is based on you completing a full 4 yr or 5 yr contract, including your gratuity and other allowances divided by the 48 or 60 months respectively, hence you were quote in excess of 4000euro per month.
On a brighter note, it is a good place to pick up a cheap or free rating to make yourself more marketable. Many have done it in the past, although I dont agree with this practice but the company have brought it on themselves. So make hay while the sun shines.

Happy days...

Do-27
18th Mar 2010, 20:21
INCHALLA UA MUMBY50!:ok:

IF U DONT MIND, SOME QUESTIONS;

THANKS FOR UR POST, IS NOT EASY TO GET INFO ABOUT AIR MAURITIUS.....:rolleyes:....; THE FIRST LINE OF INSHALLA POST IS FOR ME... I LIKE THE IDEA.... NO PROBLEM.:)AND ALSO THE LAST ONE SOUNDS GOOD.

REGARDING THE ROASTER IN A330, HOW THEY LOOK?:ouch: CREW FATIGUED?:zzz:, MANY LAY OVERS PR MONTH? MOSTLY WHERE?, GOOD COCKPIT ENVIRONMENT?.

WHERE R THE SCREENINGS? DXB?MRU??¿...:confused:. DO THEY LOOK FOR EXPERIENCE A320 PILOTS? WHERE IS DONE THE CCQ?....AND THE 4 YEARS CONTRACT....:{ISN´T IT TOO MUCH?...ANY PROBLEM IF LEAVING BEFORE..(OOPS...:ooh:)

TAXES IN MRU¿:O:O?¿.....HOW THEY WORK?

AGAIN!, REALLY!, THANKS FOR THE POST!!!!:ok:NOW WE CAN NEVER SAY; I DIDNT KNOW WHERE I WAS GETTING IN:8...SOUNDS LIKE EMIRATES ADVICES....;)

SAFE LANDINGS!:ok::ok:

pamudiro
18th Mar 2010, 21:02
And what about the ATR?. Are they short of crews?. also what about the salary.
Thanks.

Coto
18th Mar 2010, 23:34
Thanks guys for all the answers.

I will not go for it. It's not a good deal for me. Only the idea of living in Mauritius for a while was kind of making me think about it.

Nice flights to you all

dessas
19th Mar 2010, 07:59
All prices in MUR (1EUR buys you 41.5MUR)
50000 Food and household items for family of 4 w/o excess.
70000 School entrance fee per child average for English private schools.
30000 School fees per month for 2 kids (MK pays 17000).
55000 FOC return tickets (incl. of fuel surcharge) for family of 4 to EU.
3500 Dinner at a decent resto for family of 4.
1000000 Compact European car Peugeot 207.
1400000 Cheapest SUV Hyndai Tuxon.
600000 Cheapest pickup truck Ssang Yang Musso.
35000 Road tax + ins per year for a 1000000 car.
200000 Starting price for second hand 16' speedboat with 40-60hp OBE. Expect to pay at least 600000 for a new 18' with 80-100hp OBE.
Petrol 44, Diesel 34 per litre.
10000 Comms charges (tel, mob, ADSL, satellite etc) per month.
10000 Electric bill for 3 a/cs during summer (Dec-March) per month.
10000-50000 per month extra rent above MK housing for a decent house depending how close to the beach it is. Premium houses rent up to 200000 per month.
Hope this helps.

pamudiro
19th Mar 2010, 08:47
And what is the net salary for an ATR captain?.

dessas
19th Mar 2010, 08:51
Ask the guys at your interview
:mad:

pamudiro
19th Mar 2010, 09:44
Perhaps if I know it before I would not go to the interview in Mauritius.:ok:

Daftpunk2008
19th Mar 2010, 12:02
Year One ATR Captain salary: 2980 Euro/ Month (without allowance)
Check this website for more details...
Air Mauritius jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Air_Mauritius)
Hope it help you
Safe landings

pamudiro
19th Mar 2010, 18:15
Thanks very much for your information. I have seen before that page but it has not new information since 1998. How much is the house allowance?.

shutupanfly
20th Mar 2010, 06:42
This is from a mate who worked there.
ATR Capt's are desperately needed, dont apply if you havent minimum of 2500hrs and plenty time on type. Be advised that you WILL work out a full 4 year contract on the ATR, no chance of jet even after that, maybe after 5 years! Salary E4500.

pamudiro
20th Mar 2010, 08:54
Well it is the same in Vietnam airlines. You have to finish your first contract of three years instead of four in MK and then wait to see if you have a chance for the airbus. But there is a big difference: in Vietnam the salary is almost 7000€ so I think that´s why they are short of crews on the ATR.
Thanks for your reply.:)

samf
21st Mar 2010, 16:10
I was offered interview, hey - ticket and hotel from Scandinavia to Mauritius - tempting in itselves. But emailed them some questions first, got quick ansers to all of them - and decided not to go -although I could have gone, taking it as a cheap holiday, gone to the interview and say "no thanks..".
But the offer to me was one year contract renewable, and not 4 or 5 years, as others claim here...? (F/OA340 assignment)
And I was surprised to hear, that they just send some of our guys home a few weeks earlier? Another good reason to stay away, I decided!

Do-27
21st Mar 2010, 18:39
Hej Samf!:)

Thanks for ur post sharing this information.... :ok:.They pilots who left,back to Scandinavia, why they did? which fleet were they?....

R u A340 rated?¿..... and they just offered u a year contract?:\

U r a serious guy and responsable...not just going for a holiday...being able to....;).

Do u know if there is any sim check also for the interview and where?... and if u dont mind...how much pay did they offer u?¿:(.

Again, tack!

Safe landings!

samf
21st Mar 2010, 18:46
I have not had contact with the guys returning, but just heard through someone at pprune that they were more or less thrown out. (They were on 340.) Do not know why, but someone is mentioning problems with expats vs. locals in the airline.. And yes, I am 340 rated, and yes, a one year renewable was what they offered me. Never asked about the salery. As I understood it, there was first the interview, in Mauritius, and then later simcheck, but unsure if that is also down there.

dessas
22nd Mar 2010, 09:40
MK has been hiring SAS f/os for years on short term contract during high season.
Normally these guys come by mid-Nov and stay until end of Jan.
Originally they were hired through Park, but as far as I know the last couple of years they were on direct contract. Some of these guys have been with MK 3-4 times.
They do not fall in the same league as normal recruits, as they normally take unpaid leave from SAS and come to MRU rated.
They enjoy 6000 EUR salary, 40000 MUR housing (almost double what is being dished out to us) and every single benefit that expat pilots have.
This is first hand info obtained from the people involved about 2 months ago.

mumby50
22nd Mar 2010, 12:48
Watch out, Air Mauritius have a history of not paying you out if they terminate your contract. HR and the “dream team” at flight ops. Are working hand in hand on that.

Cheers....

Do-27
24th Mar 2010, 10:33
Hi all!,:)

Today i received my confirmations days for the interview, i was applying for A330/340 being rated in A320(+7000 A320), i thought it was posible but seems like not.....:\ anyone knows how looks the roaster in A320?:confused:

MK34
24th Mar 2010, 12:10
:DWell said Inchalla :D:D, well said mumby50 :D:D it's about time some truth come out on Air Mauritius. They have been quietly abusing peoples for toooo long. :D

inchallah
25th Mar 2010, 13:44
Guys, Dessas post is very accurate when it comes to cost of living(although I have been out of there for a while, I still do have friends who keep me up to date). The only reason I can see that would make you want to go there is to sit on the beach and drink Phoenix Beers. Im deadset serious, the money is not enticing, the chances of command is about as good as getting you leave approved one year in advance ie fat chance.
If you decide to take the offer, i would only accept A340 for the destination. The A330 I have no clue but from what Im told, it only goes to India and SE Asia, perhaps Perth too.
Most important, get 2 sim cards, dont think i need to elaborate much on this. Once you land, phone off and never give them your home number and of course when the taxi arrives at your house on your day off, always be polite and offer him a beer, just like the one you just opened.:ok::D

Do-27
25th Mar 2010, 20:24
Thanks for the advices!!:)..... any idea of how looks the roaster of A319?, which r the longest and shorter trips?:confused:... any layover?,...i really would like to have a clue in order to decide what to do....thinkig of going there for a couple of years....

Tahnks in advance!:ok:

mumby50
30th Mar 2010, 13:52
There we go, Air Mauritius is getting desperate for Flight Crew, just getting, not there yet!!!!
After cutting too many heads randomly, they mandated Rishworth and Park for the fob.
They can’t attract candidate with the salary they are offering on their normal contract.
By all means avoid Rishworth. Just read on the South Asia and Far East forum, under Vietnam Airlines. Rishworth won’t back you up when Air Mauritius decide to cut your salary and/or abuse you. Stick to Park they have a good reputation behind them.
http://www.parcaviation.aero/pages/current_assignments/crew_resourcing.asp?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easp%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D15 91 (http://www.parcaviation.aero/pages/current_assignments/crew_resourcing.asp?RMURL=VacDetail%2Easp%3FCommAdSeqNo%3D15 91)

(Undre location Macau, A340 second Officer, but the job description is mentionning Air Mauritius)
Both Park and Rishworth are offering the same thing.
Why not yet desperate??? They use to pay 6000€/month for Second Officer when they are. Just sit and wait, the offer will go up.

Bottom lime, they need Second Officers for 4 months, why 4 months??? Because they don't know what will be their requirement in such a short time!!!!

If you are A340 rated and have a job, better stay were you are. Unles you can get leave without pay and get Air Mauritius to pay you 6000euro/month.

Do-27
31st Mar 2010, 11:15
Please!!:bored:

Any idea how the A319 roaster looks like?¿...... any layover?.... hours?.... days off? destinations?.....cockpit enviroment?¿....

I really need to know it in order to make up my mind..... beside all the post...i am still thinking going over there for a while.....:8;)

Thanks in advance!:ok: Safe landings!:ok:

slatanmhor
31st Mar 2010, 16:13
Hey Inchallah....

Hahahahahahaha...like yr advice for meeting taxi guy at yr door on day off. Must remember that!!!!:ok:.

Quick question...: Does Air Mauritius recruit non rated individuals for the airbus family??? I have about 2500 hrs on fokker 100 and time to move type but of course i dont want to pay for it.....
D

swedflyer
2nd Apr 2010, 19:05
"MK has been hiring SAS f/os for years on short term contract during high season.
Normally these guys come by mid-Nov and stay until end of Jan.
Originally they were hired through Park, but as far as I know the last couple of years they were on direct contract. Some of these guys have been with MK 3-4 times.
They do not fall in the same league as normal recruits, as they normally take unpaid leave from SAS and come to MRU rated.
They enjoy 6000 EUR salary, 40000 MUR housing (almost double what is being dished out to us) and every single benefit that expat pilots have.
This is first hand info obtained from the people involved about 2 months ago."

Any thoughts about WHY the fairly high salary and housing? Maybe it's because they still have expenses at home for house/apartment, family etc. A short term contract for a place to live is not cheap. And I guess they relieve some of the guys down there, otherwise they wouldn't have been hired.

Just my 10 cents.

tanikagal
10th Apr 2010, 07:54
Hello my friends,
I receive a job offer from air mauritius with 3500 euro plus 900 euro for house allowances.i am thinking not to accept it.does anybody know if they are giving free tickets for yourself and for your family?also are you able for consecutive days off?thanks!!!

shutupanfly
12th Apr 2010, 15:26
They will tell you that the tickets are free, but try and book a trip back to Euroland and you and your family of 3 or 4 will be paying 300-400Eur for those "free" tickets. Air France employees travel on Air Mauritius for less than Air Mauritius staff themselves, I kid you not, that is how they treat their staff. Among other things, they will indefinitely freeze your salary, cancel holidays at very short notice, and as for consecutive days off..........good luck, your roster will change by the hour.........

mumby50
13th Apr 2010, 14:05
Free tickets your yourself and family!!!! The only free ticket you will get is the one to go to your interview…..Read the last few posts on that forum and you will see that FREE tickets are not free with Air Mauritius, they cost you a lot!!!!

Consecutive days off, yes 2 or 3 maximum normally….that way they keep you on the island and can call you to work on your days off!!!

Cheers

DXman
22nd May 2010, 03:09
Out of curiosity, do you know if Air Mauritius accepts people that need glasses? On the application form they talk about a Jar Class 1 with no restriction

Aladin
23rd May 2010, 13:16
Does anyone know when they are going to recruit ATR FOs, if they haven't already done so??

flying free.LEVC
26th Jan 2011, 14:19
I met guy who was making the type rating and 500 hours with them, of course paying about 30 000 euros... When he finished his training he expected to be hired by them, but they just left him out :ugh::=

gdukkoq
14th Mar 2011, 13:02
Fellow Ppruners,

I've been called for an interview as an ATR captain, and this is a great opportunity for me. I would very much appreciate any helps and hints on the screening process. Great if you can PM me some infos.

Cheers

EDIFICE
14th Mar 2011, 13:16
Check this before making your mind.

http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/445228-air-mauritius-chaos-flight-ops.html

http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/438938-air-mauritius-make-each-trip-voyage-discovery.html

Believe me it is beautiful from far but far from beautiful.

Watch out for the dogs.And don't get bitten.

Forgot to tell you, be prepared to dance the Bugs Banny show.

We tell from experience.

Time will tell.

Good Luck.

gb346
14th Mar 2011, 15:21
Latest offer for A340/A330 type rated co-pilots is now :

EUR 4100 p/m net (ie: after taxes) plus overtime on flight hours above 80.

8 days off per month.

EUR 900 p/m for accommodation.

The above is based on a 6 month contract.

gdukkoq
14th Mar 2011, 15:25
Ok I've read most of them but still this is a chance I need to take. I was also wondering is the interview conducted in French for French native speakers? And where is the sim assessment done?

gdukkoq
14th Mar 2011, 17:47
The assessment exercise will comprise of the following:

1. Personality & Psychometric tests (example logic thinking, critical reasoning etc.),
2. Interview with Management Pilots, HR Manager/Psychologist,
3. If successful at Steps 1 & 2, then simulator assessment.

Anyone knows where will be the sim assessment ?
And do they give you a technical interview as well because it is not really specified here...

gdukkoq
15th Mar 2011, 15:48
Anyone attending the screening the 17th and 18th and the 28-30th this month ?

The assessment exercise will comprise of the following:

1. Personality & Psychometric tests (example logic thinking, critical reasoning etc.),
2. Interview with Management Pilots, HR Manager/Psychologist,
3. If successful at Steps 1 & 2, then simulator assessment.

Any info on what to expect for the tech questions ?
I'm trying to get a position as an ATR Capt.

Cheers :ok:

PS: I have read almost all the previous post regarding MK and I could'nt find much info on the interview in itself.

ishe
16th Mar 2011, 03:28
good luck, I hope to be there for the later date 28-30th. Lets hope there is some info posted as I have none either

gdukkoq
16th Mar 2011, 07:22
Yes I hope let's keep this one alive...
You are attending for which position?

jetbell
16th Mar 2011, 16:09
hi guys

how do you get to the screening do you just pitch up, or must you send cv first and get invited, where is the screening and when ???

cheers

gdukkoq
16th Mar 2011, 19:49
You need to submit your application from the website of MK, and then they will call you for a screening, it seems they have regular screenings during the year, but they are very selective, only the very braves get hired... (that's what I heard) recently they interviewed 15 FO in France and none got the job, and same thing with 40 spanish pilots. Wondering if they are that desperate for pilots. Also some friends told me that it was the worst experience he had, and he did many interviews in his career. So we'll see how it goes. :rolleyes:

ishe
16th Mar 2011, 21:30
A340 FO- hopefully

jackcarls0n
17th Mar 2011, 01:41
I have tried submiting the CV via the email but it never gets delivered. Anyone had the same problem?

Advise

mates rates
17th Mar 2011, 01:52
It is an advantage to speak french,but this is a multi-lingual country so the interview can be conducted in English or French as you wish.

EDIFICE
17th Mar 2011, 17:58
gdukkoq (http://www.pprune.org/members/294715-gdukkoq)

As you mentioned in your previous reply that none of the french and the spanish were recruited while the company is in an urgent need of pilots. This is what Flight Ops means: that none of these pilots can do the job.Only the Dream Team (the bunch of Rocket Scientists) knows how to fly airplanes.The rest of the pilots are considered as inferior. This is arrogance as also mentioned by others.
Wonder if OPS, they themself need to go for a serious psycho test???This is what the show is in here.The Bright Minds Theorem strikes all the times! This is a puppet show.

If you get into the rabbit show, you will see yourself how things are.

FL999
17th Mar 2011, 18:20
So much for the Mauritianisation of the pilot workforce. The usual bunch of b**locks to gain public support.

gdukkoq
18th Mar 2011, 14:39
I hear you, but I really need this job ! Anyone can help with the interview, tech questions... Anyone went there yesterday or even today ? How was it ?

mumby50
18th Mar 2011, 17:19
This is a real bad place to work, you have been warned. Read all the posts on this outfit before you commit yourself.

FL999
20th Mar 2011, 10:09
Dont get me wrong Im not against expats, in fact they have been an important piece of the MK puzzle for a long time now. Its just that the promised 'Mauritianisation' of the company is not happening. There is seemingly no long term plan for an eventual expansion of the company in sync with the development of Plaisance. Companies such as Cathay, Etihad, Jetstar, Easyjet and soon BA are gearing up to train their own pilots(both expat and local for some) in anticipation of a potential upturn in the industry. Some are going at it better than others but still, they are doing something. MK is sitting idly, hiring short term gap-filling crew and are not at all thinking about the long term. Whether their strategy is better than those other airlines or not, only time will tell but my opinion is that the enormous amount of money being spent in interviewing and training short term contract pilots could be better spent training their own pilots(again, possibly expat AND local) for the long term. That would also allow for a better planning strategy within the Ops department. If MK hasnt yet noticed, Air Austral is very quickly expanding its operations worldwide and will undoubtedly crush MK if action is not taken. UU are slowly offering more frequent and better services to many parts of the globe. They could soon take over top dog status from MK.

Dont tell me that money is not coming in. Try booking a ticket to europe India or Australia during any period of the year and see how many times you end up the waiting list.

Such potential.

gdukkoq
20th Mar 2011, 19:58
Anyone here enjoy flying for MK ? ? ?

EDIFICE
21st Mar 2011, 11:15
To answer your question: Anyone here enjoy flying for MK ? ? ?

Enjoy flying: Of course, Yes.

But the guys running the show here make it disgusting and stinking.

Flying for MK with the rabbit and Dream Team : Noooooooo

It is a pity.

shutupanfly
22nd Mar 2011, 13:23
Yes, lots of guys enjoy MK, they are either too busy flying to respond(they're all extra busy these day) or they are on the beach......:ok:

gdukkoq
23rd Mar 2011, 21:19
Who's coming for the screening next week ? And, can anyone who did the screening recently, give us a little feedback ?

delay256
6th Jan 2012, 20:53
Hi Everyone! I currently have 1200 hours on single and multi engine pistons and have a frozen ATPL with an A320 Type Rating but no actual time on type. I wanted to know if I have a chance for an interview for the A319 FO position?

M.E.flyinghigh
7th Jan 2012, 02:09
Hi Everyone! I currently have 1200 hours on single and multi engine pistons and have a frozen ATPL with an A320 Type Rating but no actual time on type. I wanted to know if I have a chance for an interview for the A319 FO position?

I have over 20,000 total time and over 4000 A320 family with a type rating. How on earth did you get that rating without any time on the jet? I'd love that position too!

ME:rolleyes:

Boeing Europe
25th Sep 2012, 01:50
Well Men,

I got an e-mail from MK during the week asking for e to send the applicatin and y documents I just sent a CV in Kanuary , they said they are not recruiting but will be soon I am boeing rated with 1k 737 anyone have an idea of my chances of gettin in and them putting me on an Airbus course...? if so whats the bond like...?

jetbusdriver
10th Nov 2012, 18:42
Hi Guys,
Just got a call from MK for assessment and interview for A320 F/o position. Requesting some help for the same.

tiger1975
12th Nov 2012, 17:11
I also was called for an interview on the A320, any info regarding the assesment, as well as pay and benefits?

jetbusdriver
14th Nov 2012, 18:43
Hey Guys....
Still waiting to know what to expect in assessment and interviw for MK...is anyone here who joined them recently or went through the whole recruitment process?

InflightFeather
15th Nov 2012, 13:05
A close friend of mine has worked there for a while.
What I found out, be carefull what you wish for.

The bad:

You will have to be very carefull about what you say and to who...

You might be flying with captains that are of a sub-standard.

A senior captain: wondered why the course kept changing while flying a track given by the FMS.

Given the explanation, he will think you are a circus act, a straight line on the globe must be quicker than a great circle track.....

Also be carefull not to catch hepatitis, you'll see yellow-eyed people everywhere. (could be a sympton of untreated hepatitis).

A lot of people drive like idiots, with no headlights at night or always high-beam. People crossing the highway on foot at night and day.

Overtaking in ways that will make you wonder, do they even know what happens in a head-on collision?

There is no guarantee that you will have electricity or tap water. It shuts off at-will, day or night.

Rarely saw tourists with a smile on their face, when they find out that their public transport is a 30 year old bus.

That same busses produce quite a bit of smog, while being on a island in the middle of the ocean, downtown still has quite a bad smog problem at times.

The GOOD:

There is one good thing about mauritius though. There are several operators, like Air france, Emirates, BA, Condor that will fly you out of mauritius if need be. (Got sick twice of the food on Air Mauritius flights myself).

The other good thing that comes to mind is they are absolutely desparate for pilots so the interview would be very easy ..sign on the dots though

Steer AWAY

jetbusdriver
16th Nov 2012, 09:11
Hi Inflightfeather
Thanks a lot for those inputs. Will keep that in mind. Just wanted to know wht kind of questions can we expect in interview ( what kind of preparation needs to be done )and whats the salary like for A320 F/O. If you could ask your friend ...
Thanks in advance..

celester340
22nd Nov 2012, 15:06
So basically anyone has any idea on the assessment? It says psychometric and personality testing....u cant really prepare for that can u?

Thanks.

jafarc
23rd Nov 2012, 08:38
Hi guys

How do you guys get to know about those vacancies i have been checking there website nothing posted .

What are the requirement ?

Which fleet ?

DUSKY DOG
24th Nov 2012, 02:52
Went there for a few months but could not believe the amount of stray dogs everywhere

celester340
24th Nov 2012, 05:33
Funny man u are d dog :-)
Wanna provide us some info on the asswssment , fleet.... salary...anything that might help guys like me goin there for an interview..... thanks!

jetbusdriver
25th Nov 2012, 05:42
Hi Celester
Well first of all confratulations for being selected for the interview. When are you going and what position are you looking at? 320 F/o or ATR command? In any case, I am sure you must be having experience on the type. So for interview you dont hav to worry as it will be basic aircraft related questions and some typical HR questions like describe urself n why MK etc. For the Pschometry, I wiull be honest with you. There is nothing you can prepare. Just go there and with a relaxed mind and take the test. The test will be mentally taxing and quite exhaustive. It will certainly drain your mind. But I am sure u will enjoy.
Hav fun and all the best.....

RILAX
25th Nov 2012, 07:34
There is nothing you can prepare. Just go there and with a relaxed mind and take the test. The test will be mentally taxing and quite exhaustive. It will certainly drain your mind

What kind of medicines are you on jetbusdriver??? Is this the reason you want to work for a third rate airline instead of a real one??

Sign the contract they must be happy to get some new blood. Since they have lost more than 15% of their pilots this year alone...if there is smoke the should be a fire.

Boeing Europe
25th Nov 2012, 15:38
Are these guys hiring non TR pilots got an e-mail off them a while ago asking me to send in the application form but they are not recruiting so i have not sent it... maybe i should!!

jetbusdriver
29th Nov 2012, 04:16
Hey RILAX....just relax man....MK might be 3rd rate for u but it will be a dream job for me. its like emirates being dream job for many but its like 5th rate for me so I have not even bothered to apply. so my friend, its to each his own :)
but in case u have somthing to share then plz do my friend....like whts the salary like and which is the place where most of the pilots live and whts the rental like..etc...... well, I am just hoping that they call me for sims and then let me join .

celester340
29th Nov 2012, 06:34
Since no one except a few have really contributed to this thread in a positive way...im gonna try and make a fresh start....

Just got back a few days ago from the assessment...... very clean and professional setup.... HR team very helpful and accommodating.... air mauritius may not be an emirates...but from what i saw at operations...was quite well run.

Everyone was very polite and courteous.

Coming to the first day of the test..... computer based....quite challenging.....if english is not ur first language...ur gonna find it a lil difficult.

Lots of maths based questions....division multiply add subtract.....no calculators...just a paper and pen..... logic based reasoning questions..... and after that a personality test.

Interview done by chief pilot and two other capts...plus HR manager and psychologist.....

Few CRM based questions ....plus technical systems and limitations and memory items.

Hope this helps someone in the near future.

RILAX
30th Nov 2012, 06:57
You're absolutely right Celeste, let's see you have been for an interview with the intention making yourself look much better and be the one to be hired this is normal..However Air Maurtius is doing the same they want to look better than any airline..

Being polite and courteous...
Well the company just has spent millions on "Stepping up" this being polite and courteous ..just wait till you have to wait 3 weeks to get your ID tickets.Or have to produce your child's birthcertificate for the 9th time to get your education allowance..

Did you actually talk to any pilots walking by the CBT room and ask them how come the company talks about 10% paycuts and there are pilots who have not had any annual leave in 2 years...Surely HR is well organised

But since the memo from the CEO ordered employees not to say anything bad about the company to anyone I will not do so ..Just maybe they might rise up to the level of Kingfisher (yes I know they are bankrupt)Overall the working conditions can only be described as BAD..

But to end with something positive most cockpit crew are good guys and it is sunny most of the time

celester340
30th Nov 2012, 16:19
oh come on man...im just saying what i saw and felt.....everyone has different opinions......yes im desperate for a job so i'll take it!

why do pilots moan and groan about everything? if one doesnt like it...what stops them from leaving and goin to a more established or professional or better run company?

why do people join air mauritius anyways??? if its that bad...why did u join my friend??

i met 2 pilots there...had a drink with them.....been there more than 30 years....still were winging and moaning....what can i say????

RILAX
8th Dec 2012, 10:46
Well I did not know better didn't do any research stupid me :ugh::ugh::ugh:

the reason people join MK is mostly because of the lifestyle and yes pilots do complain but losing 15-25% of the pilots every year since start is really an Air Mauritius issue. They don't see it as a problem because new ignorant people keep joining.As you said yourself most people are desperate -> nothing good ever came from being desperate.

But that is just me maybe you willl like it but please update us in 3 months when you are still sitting at home because they are short on trainings captain after they decided to cut trainingscaptains salary overnight to cut cost. Surely your two friends mentioned stuff like this going on at MK??

Just keep us informed how your career and job satisfaction are AFTER you join them

celester340
22nd Dec 2012, 06:40
Got an email saying i did not make it.....

The technical interview was a breeze....pretty much answered all the questions to my satisfaction......where i failed was the result of the personality test.

The personality assessment gentleman told me.....well....my personality wasnt suited for MK.

I asked him what was the result of my test and he says i was a warm and friendly person but in my nature I tend to do things first and then think....I asked him yes,so what is wrong with that? That is my nature and its the truth but i am aware of it.So i make a conscious effort when i'm flying.

Wasnt good enough for him......

Just wondering why do a technical interview for 45 min and THEN say im not selected cause i don't meet their personality type :)

On the bright side the pilots on the panel were very nice and made me feel very comfortable during the interview....

What i learnt.......one doesnt have to be so honest in the personality test..... there are ways to answer some questions....its ok to lie in a few of them....now i know i shud have too :)

Atr1
23rd Dec 2012, 15:47
sorry to hear that!

RILAX
27th Dec 2012, 13:59
Air Mauritius FO's have failed that test for upgrade after 7 years of service, basically destroying their carreer (path) in MK. Just be yourself and enjoy working for a real airline instead of a muppet show

jafarc
27th Dec 2012, 15:56
Just a question

Are they very strict on minimum required hours or not

Meaning if you do not have quite the requested hours but a little close do you

have a shot with them ?

thanks

poljot
5th Jan 2013, 07:17
Hi there,
can anybody provide me an e-mail adress in order
to send my application. 15'000 TT, A340&A320 type rated.
Thanks a lot.

Atr1
5th Jan 2013, 11:41
Hi Poljot,

Check the website all the details regarding the application process is published.

Good luck

Atr1
8th Jan 2013, 16:29
has anybody been called for screening?

RILAX
8th Jan 2013, 17:22
Poljot with your experience you'll most likely end up in the right seat anyway they'll hardly hire DEC onto the jets..and if they do it is on the 320. Surely you must be desperate to apply here?

Atr1
3rd Mar 2013, 14:09
Has anyone heard back from MK after the latest interviews held on the 26th and 27th of Feb and will you be able to share your interview experience please?

twotterdhc-6
6th Mar 2013, 01:39
Can anyone give any insight into if things have changed at MK? Is it still as poorly run as made out to be earlier in the thread?

Thanks for any replies.

atakacs
8th Mar 2013, 02:24
Can anyone give any insight into if things have changed at MK? Is it still as poorly run as made out to be earlier in the thread?
As an attentive outside observer I'd say definitely yes :ugh:

Coastrider26
16th Mar 2013, 10:09
Believe it or not things have changed overnight... The place is still very :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk: to say the least..

top-gun
16th Mar 2013, 14:26
Hi Guys,

Any info on current Interview / Assessment / Salary greatly appreciated.

Also is CDG used as a base for 319 as the sectors seem too short for the 330.

Any help would be great.

bidabon
20th Mar 2013, 06:46
Mate, Air Mauritius is based, believe it or not, in ......... Mauritius !!
Or, if you prefer, not in France, that means not in CDG.

Also, why would a sector be too short for a 330 ???????

Come on, think before you write !

And good luck with MK, you will need some .

Regards.

Ghost_Rider737
20th Mar 2013, 06:57
Tog gun...

Air Mauritius have a code share agreement with Air France.

MK would get you as far as CDG......their after all connections would be on AF.

MK management are a fine example of a group of people trying to shrink their airline into profitability.

Air France is scoring hugely from this code share.

Grim_Reaper
23rd Oct 2013, 16:46
Hi .. Did any Mauritians here apply for the Sept 2013 cadet programme of Air Mauritius?

ihatemorningflights
5th Jan 2024, 17:57
Any update on current conditions and interview process? How is working for the company? How is life in Mauritius? Salary for FO?