PDA

View Full Version : ICAO graduate sitting CX Cadet Program - Need your help and advice!

kowloonman
31st Dec 2006, 20:44
Hi all,

I am new here and understand there's a lot of expats and local pilots/applicants working in HK. Below is my detail. Please give advice and generous help. Thanks!

ICAO CPL(A), MEIR, ATPL theory pass, 300TT
Living overseas
Born and grown up in HK until age of 31
Sort of professional engineer
Invited for Stage 1 CX cadet pilot program

Besides, I have the following questions:
1. What should I prepare for Stage 1-4 cadet pilot program?
2. Based on above info, how my chance of success can be?
3. How my flying career can be? Obviously, I want to an airline pilot. I want to ask how to compare airline job between HK and PRC in terms of ease/difficult of joining, salary, promotion, length of contract?

Big brothers, pls feel free to comment.

Thanks a lot! :D

Captain_ian
3rd Jan 2007, 11:59
Hi all,

I am new here and understand there's a lot of expats and local pilots/applicants working in HK. Below is my detail. Please give advice and generous help. Thanks!

ICAO CPL(A), MEIR, ATPL theory pass, 300TT
Living overseas
Born and grown up in HK until age of 31
Sort of professional engineer
Invited for Stage 1 CX cadet pilot program

Besides, I have the following questions:
1. What should I prepare for Stage 1-4 cadet pilot program?
2. Based on above info, how my chance of success can be?
3. How my flying career can be? Obviously, I want to an airline pilot. I want to ask how to compare airline job between HK and PRC in terms of ease/difficult of joining, salary, promotion, length of contract?

Big brothers, pls feel free to comment.

Thanks a lot! :D

Hey man
I'm applying for Cathay too and i've been looking at forums for a pretty long time, so I'm okay familiar with the cadet program.

1. Since you have your CPL, you should know all your stuff before the interview because they expect you to know the answers! Also, maybe learn about little bit CX history and their aircraft. Last but not least, KNOW YOUR SELF!

2. I think there are about 2000 people who's invited to the interview and only 20-ish people who can make it in to the program (Correct me if i'm wrong...)

3. Don't know.

Also... I have a question for you.

When are you going to the interview and when did you apply CX cadet?

Captain_ian
3rd Jan 2007, 12:01
Hey man
I'm applying for Cathay too and i've been looking at forums for a pretty long time, so I'm okay familiar with the cadet program.

1. Since you have your CPL, you should know all your stuff before the interview because they expect you to know the answers! Also, maybe learn about little bit CX history and their aircraft. Last but not least, KNOW YOUR SELF!

2. I think there are about 2000 people who's invited to the interview and only 20-ish people who can make it in to the program (Correct me if i'm wrong...)

3. Don't know.

Also... I have a question for you.

When are you going to the interview and when did you apply CX cadet?

kowloonman
4th Jan 2007, 00:35
Hi Capt Ian,

1. Thanks for your advice.
2. Wow! Very low successful rate!
3. Nov 06 applied. Will sit initial screening on Apr 07.

Thanks!

Captain_ian
4th Jan 2007, 10:36
I applied online dec 20ish.
Hope i'll get an interview date fast.
pm me your msn man!

jacfield
4th Jan 2007, 14:22
How long did it take for HR to give you an interview date from your application date?

Thanks
Hi Capt Ian,

1. Thanks for your advice.
2. Wow! Very low successful rate!
3. Nov 06 applied. Will sit initial screening on Apr 07.

Thanks!

bjbb
9th Jan 2007, 21:05
Ive got past stage 1 and 2 and have stage 3 in april. fingers crossed that goes smoothly.

I Appplied in sept 06 and got accepted for stage 1 on Nov 3rd i believe. Had first stge interview on 20 dec, second stage on 4 jan. So they move quite fast between each interview.

my advice would be dont focus on stage 2 and 3 if you havent got past stage one. Just learn EVERYTHING you need to know for taht stage, make sure you nail it then move onto the the next stage of learning if you are accpeted.

Also, maybe, dont be too complacent if you have a cpl, I dont have any licences and the guys who i was with in my group had cpls and a ppl, the guy with the ppl and one with a cpl failed soo...also if you want to invest in like a aptitude book, like mental arithmetic and reasoning it may help as they love to grill you on that.

cheers

Bjbb

jacfield
9th Jan 2007, 23:58
Thanks and all the best.

bjbb
10th Jan 2007, 09:32
cheers you too. fingers crossed hey!:ok:

dragonzinho
31st Jan 2007, 02:47
yeah i definitely second the advice that bjbb gave.

i went first interview on the 19th, and prior to that i'd been studying technical stuff on the assumption i'd fly through the first round

and now i'm back at my cruddy desk job, kicking myself for not preparing properly :ugh:

good luck guys! pm me if you want my msn for more advice

Matt_777
6th Feb 2007, 23:09
HI guys,

First of all good luck to all of you in the upcoming interview!

I'm doing a CPL / MEIR / ATPL in SYD right now, I was once in the final interview (Management interview before flight grading) of CXCPP in 2004, but they've rejected me then and also my 2nd attempt in the following year, so I ended up here in SYD for my license.

I'm still thinking giving a last try to the CPP when I finish my program here, but I'm not sure if they're going to entertain my application (again~) because this will be my 3rd attempt already.......

Anyway, please email me if you want any of the interview detail up to management interview! GOOD LUCK and all the best!