PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Going Self Handling at LBA

Leezyjet
30th Dec 2006, 23:15
Just had a look on Jet2's recruitment website.
Appears that they are going self handling at LBA in the near future.
Lots of vacancies for various positions on there.
Just wish they would have given a salary indication in the adverts. Can't be @rsed going through the whole application process only to find out at the i/view they are offering less than a Mcdonalds manager or a shelf stacker in Tesco's !!. Waste of my time and theirs.
:hmm:

HZ123
31st Dec 2006, 13:16
A good idea not to apply as Jet must be off their heads seting up their own ground operation. Many have tried this before and is has been ineffectual and very expensive. The few airlines left that self handle BA to name but one are constantly looking to outsource the ground operation because as an in house operation it costs a fortune and achieves very little.

Little Blue
1st Jan 2007, 05:43
....Jaime for Station Manager....that'd get her back out from behind
her new Ops desk !
;)

Irish Grinch
1st Jan 2007, 12:48
Mytravel self handle at MAN and have been very successful.

ACEtraveller
2nd Jan 2007, 18:56
Yes, Jet2 will be self handling at LBA from March. Servisair are making about half their LBA staff redundant, when the staff found out pretty much everyone went over to Jet2 and picked up application forms. From what I can remember, the salary will be ~14K, staff travel benefits, and better shift patterns rather than being all over the place at Servisair. I don't work there, was informed by a friend who does.

freightdoggy dog
3rd Jan 2007, 09:53
Little Blue,
Jet2 in LBA already have a Station Manager!
Try again.