PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating - A320

Captain Chaos 747
7th Sep 2002, 23:28
Hi did post this on the questions forum but only had 1 reply.
I am thinking of trying to move from the regional airline I work for now to a jet airline and was wondering how diificult is the A320 rating, I hear it is about the toughest rating you can do.

I would like to hear feedback from people who have done it and know what part did you have problems with and how does the exam compare with say the ATPL's

Thanks in advance.

mikeyp
8th Sep 2002, 02:38
I'm not sure of your experience now, but if you have had any with EFIS and a FMS you shouldn't have much trouble. Biggest problem is learning the lingo of the A320. The biggest problem most people have had is that they try to relate the aircraft to something they already know. It doesn't work that way with the A320 or related family of aircraft. If you decide to go that route, when you get into training, just forget about all the other aircraft you flew. Learn the language of Airbus and you will probably do fine. I've got over 8000 hrs in the A320 and A321, and the hardest thing I've done is go back to a Boeing 737.

Golden Parrot
8th Sep 2002, 12:04
When I did my A320 course it was my first jet rating having come from piston twins and a bit of turboprop time. I cannot say if it is harder than a rating on a Boeing but I found it relatively straight forward. The hardest (and most time consuming) part for me was trying get some sense out of the manuals (FCOMs). I particularly enjoyed, coming from traditional cockpits, the vast amount of information given to me by the EFIS and FMGS. This coupled with Airbus' flight control system made instrument scanning and what little hand flying we get to do, much simpler than I had expected. All in all a wonderful machine and it is a great rating to have...so if you get a chance to do one, I wouldn't think twice.

scroggs
8th Sep 2002, 19:54
I've just completed the A340 type rating, which is all but identical. The Computer Based Training for the written exams is mind-bendingly awful. Three or four different variations of an American/French accent (in no logical order) lull you to sleep through all of the technical subjects. You will get very fed up with hearing 'You are ze pilot non-flying. You are in ze cruise, everysing is normal. Click on ze arrow to activate ze failure....' Some subjects I swear I sleep-clicked through!

Inevitably, the exams bear little relation to the CBT (I believe many topics examined were not featured at all), but you'll find most things in the FCOMs. You may be searching for some time, however, as they aren't easy to read - especially if there are different standards of aircraft within the fleet you're training for.

Assuming you carry out the Airbus syllabus, you will also need around 55-60 hours of simulator. Each sim trip follows a fairly rigidly laid down structure, with little time for repeats, unscheduled demonstrations, or much in the way of consolidation. This is what I believe would lead to suggestions of it being a difficult course. It is so totally different an approach to aviation that few professional pilots would be satisfied with the level of knowledge the course gives them. It's actually OK, but it's difficult to feel confident when you're in such a new environment!

I guess you won't be looking for a deal that includes line training! I also assume that whatever course you find will have a Cat D simulator which allows you to qualify without any airborne training.

As many here will know, I have little time for self-sponsored type ratings for wannabes, but for a pilot with significant commercial experience behind him, they may have a place. However, all UK airlines carry out their own training, or sub-contrct it to others, and are unlikely to be impressed by a rating without line time. Still, it's your money. Best of luck!

Captain Chaos 747
8th Sep 2002, 22:56
Thanks for the feed back.

Scroggs thank's for the advice but I don't think you read my post correctly or I did not type it correctly.

I have no intention of ever paying for a type rating and never suggested in my previous post that I was, it's just a friend of mine who is a captain with one of the major carriers has informed me that his company shall be recruiting a small number of people for the A320 and he is a good friend of the chief pilot and will put a word in for me.

I have commercial experience as I said in my post I fly for a regional airline on a turbo prop and am now thinking of trying to seek employment with a jet operator. I share the same view as yourself, self sponsored type ratings generally will not help you gain employment without any line time.

scroggs
9th Sep 2002, 11:25
CC747
sorry, mate, I obviously misread your post. I copied the regional experience, but assumed you were looking to make yourself more employable. In fact, my last point was that pilots with significant commercial experience (and I would include regionals in that) may, in certain circumstances, benefit from speculative ratings.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. Actually, I didn't answer your last question: no, it's not as difficult as the ATPL. I'm enjoying the 'Bus after many years in Yank metal - I'm sure you will too.

Captain Chaos 747
9th Sep 2002, 12:29
Cheers Scroggs and thanks for the feedback people..:D

cleared24right
20th Jan 2003, 10:46
Anyone up for it????

http://www.gecat.com/self.asp

Sorry but I pay the airline between 5 -7000 to fly thier aicraft without employment.....nah not for me!

CAP509castaway
20th Jan 2003, 19:51
Cleared 24R,

This is avery high risk strategy.I speak from experience, a friend of mine paid £12000 for a 737 rating many years ago and ended up without a job Airlines are loath to employ somebody who has paid for their own Type rating on a sophisticated aeroplane. Use the search function to check previous postings.
I have had a quick glance at your previous postings and see that you have considered buying a shed rating which is probably less risky.
Leave your email address and I will contact you and I may be able to give you an idea of the way to get that elusive job.Remember that it is not what you know it is who you know.:D :D :D

cleared24right
20th Jan 2003, 20:13
CAP509,

Cheers mate, my emails - [email protected]

145G
21st Nov 2003, 04:36
Hello,

Thinking about doing a type-rating course on the Airbus 320.
Somebody any idea where the best to go?
Is it attractive to do it for example in USA and then convert it back to JAR?
Any "cheap" :ugh: type-rating courses in Europe?
Let me know please!!!

Greeeetz

:)

mali
18th Feb 2004, 13:21
Can anyone out there give any pointers, albeit it first hand experience or third party stories as to different training schools about the place whom offer the A320 Type rating which can then be put on the FAA ATP(A).
Europe/US/Canada or anywhere in between...
I'm doing some window shopping of note and would appreciate any advice...
Cheers!

mali
19th Feb 2004, 15:12
Any pointers would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Jet Joc
30th Mar 2004, 13:40
Hey friends,

I'm trying to find a school for A320 Type rating +IOE.
I heard some Airline companies in Asia do offer that deal? Any input would be appreciated.

Jet :ok:

weston150
30th Mar 2004, 17:13
HEY

VISITED SCHOOLS IN MADRID AND AEROMADRID OFFER TYPE RATING COURSES ON A320 NICE SCHOOL AND YA ALSO HAVE THE GOOD WEATHER!!

GOOD LUCK!
:=

Jet Joc
31st Mar 2004, 09:27
what about IOE exp......I'm looking for 500 hrs. line experience!! Do they offere it?

Jet:ok:

peb
31st Mar 2004, 09:43
Jet Joc Im afreid that they do not offer that.

:ok:

henriksch
3rd Apr 2004, 20:01
Try here

http://www.jac-academy.com/a320.htm

152wiseguy
4th Apr 2004, 11:17
Hmmm JAC academy, now where have i heard of them before. Try doing a search on this website to find previous treads on them before you go doing anything silly.:hmm:

jetjockey696
4th Apr 2004, 17:17
hey jet joc

Try eaglejet .... they offer many programs, including type rating on Airbus.... there is a program that offer time on airbus A319/320/321 (all three type) for under $20000 for 100 hrs(european base), $32500 for 300hrs (southeast asia/pacific bases)

P.s. I do not work for them, I am on a program with them, that's all.

jetjockey696

Jet Joc
5th Apr 2004, 12:52
jetjockey696!!

I heard about eaglejet but some pilot's warned me about'm:* ...am not sure bro.....

R u doing the 320 type?

Jet:ok:

152wiseguy!!

What did you hear about "JAC"? i'm just trying to find the best programm with pro's....

jet:8

Joe_Bar
5th Apr 2004, 18:40
If you want info about JAC do a search with the words 'JAC' and 'arrested' and you will find all the answers about this mob.

Cheers JB

jetjockey696
6th Apr 2004, 13:16
hey jet joc

At the moment i am just changing my program from a turbo-prop to a heavy jet program. (737-efis). I know and heard about the displeased pilots out there, but as you know in life there is always some disgrunted customers...whatever place you go. I personally never had any problems with them.
One thing that I do know is... that you do not fork out the whole sum at once. You usually pay for one hundred hours, then you top it up, if you feel like carrying on with the company, if not, walk away...you have that option. One good thing, most company that you fly (pay for) normally will hire you after you completed your hours, if you do not crash the plane, and if you conduct yourself with a professional attitude.

call them (USA) 305 278 0012 Ask for Stephane Hoinville

JJ696

Arrowhead
7th Apr 2004, 11:36
I am seriously considering signing up with Eaglejet. Please - does anyone know anyone who has been through (or is on) the Eaglejet scheme that I may be able to contact? I have already searched pprune and wish to speak to real people....

Thankyou

yyzdub
8th Apr 2004, 14:54
Just as an FYI to those thinking about Eaglejet or any other places in the US, is that I've heard from some people that they have had a difficult time with Visa's for the US. I think if you do a search on here you may find the appropriate threads.

Good Luck

JETZORO
10th Apr 2005, 21:24
Hello chaps!
There is a TRTO in Spain called Global Aviation Training that is offering an MCC course on the A320 with the possibility of then going on to combine it with a full type rating including the base training flight.

I was wondering if anybody knows much about this option as it sounds quite interesting and also who should I contact for more information.

Thanks

Jetzoro

outbackjack
11th Apr 2005, 07:54
They are a relatively new organization but already run courses for some spanish airlines like Vueling, Iberworld, Air Pullmantur.

I think the MCC course cost 6000euros but you better confirm with them. Their email address is [email protected]

Good luck!

Outbackjack

JETZORO
14th Apr 2005, 21:15
Thanks!
Yes, the MCC course costs 6000euro and the combined MCC type rating 32000euros.

I guess it all comes down to where do you go with your type rating.
I have heard rumours that they are negotiating a placement program with a few low cost airlines.

Thank again!!

:D

coolguy
15th Oct 2005, 11:29
www.airbusdriver.net

youll get lots of oral questions , sim callouts etc etc ...good luck

ricky-godf
15th Oct 2005, 13:30
I am not type-rated on any jet airplane, but I would say:
- performance class "A"
- general airplane systems (electrical, hydraulical, undercarriage, flight controls, fly-by-wire and related rules)
- avionics (FMS, A/P, A/T, PFD, ND, etc etc), how they work, what each colour mean, etc etc
- review your MCC stuff
- mass & balance (especially for big airplanes)

Nothing too specific otherwise you could see some differences from what you study now and what you'll be taught, and your learning will be even harder.
However, I am not type-rated, so I will let more competent people to help you.
Enjoy

celtflyer
15th Oct 2005, 13:43
how soon you starting? airbusdriver.net is great

winch launch
15th Oct 2005, 13:45
try the "A320 Colour Quick Study Guide"
You should be able to find it in most of the pilot shops on the internet.

winch

scroggs
15th Oct 2005, 18:54
Kala320 do not post the same topic in more than one forum. It is against our rules (which you accepted when you signed up) because it wastes our expensive bandwidth - which you don't pay for - and annoys our readers. And you have already transgressed by advertising this TR on a topic now withdrawn...

Scroggs

tropaco
19th Oct 2005, 16:43
Hi there,

I am looking to find crew partner who is interested in doing an FAA A320 type rating. The partner is needed to significantly bring down the cost of the rating by several thousand dollars.

If your are interested in doing a FAA type rating at a well known US flight school please PM me.

Kind regards to all & safe landings

G

p.s - not interested in any opinionated fools who have there own views about buying a type. Serious applicants need only apply.

Aerofoil
12th Apr 2006, 05:34
Hi all,

I know that many people have their views on self funded type ratings but i'd like to ask a question and i'm looking for unbiased answers...

Although it wont guarentee a job will self funding a type rating on an Airbus 320 significantly increase my chances of gaining employment?

Many thanks

Foil

SBAB
12th Apr 2006, 06:51
I am also very interested in response from the above question. I am looking into it too. No I am not a rich kid, or loaded with money from something else. Just blue collar and trying to find a way to get employed. No please no bashing/discussion over that. Just like Aerofoil states to those who have done it. What are the chances

Thanks

SBAB

eghi r20
12th Apr 2006, 07:17
Someone i know did an 320 at GECAT.
6mths on they were feeling pretty low after no job etc.

Now they are at mytravel for the summer on A320

:p

Phileas Fogg
12th Apr 2006, 07:24
As a recruiter I can tell you that with every B737 or A320 F/O position that is advertised there are some 50 applicants, of each type, that have self funded, perhaps paid for 100 or so hours on type having been 'sold down the river', perhaps, by a training establishment that with a type rating they will have little or no problem securing that first job.

Some of these guys have been on the circuit for a year or more, having to self fund a further LPC a year later to remain current, and still they keep applying having not yet secured that first job.

As I regularly say to them and as ruthless as it may sound 'buy yourself a job and not just a type rating' but unfortunately, for many, it is already too late, they were sold down the river or they shopped around for a 'bucket shop' type rating to save a few euros and I truly have sympathy for them.

However, because training providers have, for perhaps the past 5 years, concentrated on selling their 'fast food' B737 & A320 type ratings it has created a shortage of F/O's on many, if not all, other aircraft types and in a few years from now this will cause a shortage of Captains on these other aircraft types also.

I can only reitterate what I advise to others, make sure that your buying yourself a job and not just a type rating or, if you're bold enough, take a different route other than B737 or A320.

PF

hixton
9th Dec 2006, 16:36
Has anyone used an A320 CBT that they downloaded on their PC?

scroggs
9th Dec 2006, 18:43
See Red Triangle Productions (http://www.redtriangle.com/).

Scroggs

james707
12th Dec 2006, 17:14
Bond Aviation also sells the A320 CBT www.bondaviationservices.com:ok:

boogie-nicey
14th Dec 2006, 12:58
also try out:

www.cpat.com (brillant)
http://www.meriweather.com/320/fd-320.html
http://www.airbusdriver.net/ (useful)
http://www.avsoft.net/cgibin/cart.cgi?db=stuff.dat&search=A320

Hope that helps....

IAEdude
30th Dec 2006, 22:06
Good day!

I´m looking for some information regarding AWVS (www.awvs.net (http://www.awvs.net/))

Concretelly I need info of the Type rate A320 plus hours on plane offered by this provider.

Consider that I´m not American.

Any info? Another good TRTO for this "target" ?

Thanks a lot and best regards from Spain.

unimuts
31st Dec 2006, 09:42
Well I would not be wanting to give them free advertisment anyway, and forgive me for being blunt, but, did it not occur to you to just call them and ask :confused: or is it because there "contact us" is a little thin on info ?
It seems from the web site that its another company trying to cash in on low hour wannabes.
uni

hasoon
9th Jan 2007, 07:46
hi,do i need to convert my JAR licence before i do my type rating course on the A320 in canada and do i have to set IFR written exam?i will not work there.thank you

Shorehambythesea
9th Jan 2007, 13:40
I know there is one in cranebank near crawley and after my CPL I may go here:) I worked it out that to do a type rating well from another place it was £17,000 but I think that was a US website and I just converted the cost.

rocketboots
9th Jan 2007, 14:02
Since when has Cranebank been near Crawley.
Hope you got a pass in G Nav.:ugh:
Sorry for the satire old chap!!!.

Fabbe_Far
11th Jan 2007, 15:10
So you mean that you get a type rating including 300 on type for 20000 dollars...

Amin
11th Jan 2007, 20:47
So you mean that you get a type rating including 300 on type for 20000 dollars...

You need to have an FAA CPL+IR+ME to qualify for the A320 type rating. To do the line training you need to have 1000 hours or 500 multi.

cloudbuster320
13th Jan 2007, 17:08
Hi guys,

I'm looking for Airbus 320 type rating course in USA.I come across to know about SimCenter in Miami conducting this course.Any of you guys know about this center.Are they very reliable?? Does anyone completed an Airbus 320 type rating and FO time building programs in Asia arrange by them.:ok:

Happy landing to all:D

class a
13th Jan 2007, 18:40
For the FAA guys its fine doing it in the USA I looked at Simflight myself very cheap and very helpful but 300hrs is no help to anyone with a JAA licence you need a Minimum of 500hrs and you still have to do a ride with a JAA examiner

Its all in Lasors

henriksch
13th Jan 2007, 19:27
I have all FAA licenses, and over 500 multi engine, and would like to hear more about the program..

Thank You

class a
13th Jan 2007, 19:44
Give them a call they are very helpful

they will then ask for a copy of your CV to see if you meet the requirments for the FO programme

Might have done it myself but they are not JAA approved

By the way it is in India

henriksch
13th Jan 2007, 19:46
Would give them a call...But I dont know who it is.

class a
13th Jan 2007, 19:54
http://www.simcenter.cc/type_rating.php

cloudbuster320
14th Jan 2007, 00:51
Anybody did his type rating with SimCenter?
Any body doing this program at this moment....in India...need some feed back.
Is that easy to deal with the Indian DCA? or SimCenter organize everything?
Bye the way is anybodyelse doing the same (type rating + building hours for FAA licence) with an other organization?

Class a, thanks yoo for your answer, do you know them? Can hardly find info or feed back....

Please any feed back guys.:ok:

class a
14th Jan 2007, 08:07
Cloudbuster

No dont know that much really I spoke to them about the course and they were very helpful (unlike most ive found)
I had to email them my CV to see if i was ok for the India programme they emailed me back within the hour to say I was ok to go.
I have 3800hrs 1100 turboprop (not sure what the minimum they require is though)

The trouble is for me is it is not JAA approved but if you want it on your FAA licence thats a different matter.

Drop them a email they are very good at responding and let me know how you get on

cloudbuster320
14th Jan 2007, 13:42
Class a,

Thank you, i will contact them....want to be sure they are ok...it's all my saving...so i am very carefull...few years of hard job....far far away from my home.

We stay in touch..good luck to you...:ok:

219joochiat
15th Jan 2007, 14:33
Cloudbuster

No dont know that much really I spoke to them about the course and they were very helpful (unlike most ive found)
I had to email them my CV to see if i was ok for the India programme they emailed me back within the hour to say I was ok to go.
I have 3800hrs 1100 turboprop (not sure what the minimum they require is though)

The trouble is for me is it is not JAA approved but if you want it on your FAA licence thats a different matter.

Drop them a email they are very good at responding and let me know how you get on

Hi there,
What "India programme" or other program are you talking about?
When I visit their website, I can read something about the A320TR but nothing else afterwards...
There is an experience building programme but it's on the B-727...
Are you sure it's THEIR OWN program or that they don't deal with EagleJet once you finished your A320 TR?

class a
15th Jan 2007, 14:44
Just drop them a Email and ask them
They do a Line training programme in India with Air Deccan i think it is if you complete the A320 type rating with them

219joochiat
15th Jan 2007, 20:08
How come!
India only allows conversion for TR+500hrs on type, no right seat for expats...
How can they possibly offer such a deal? :hmm:

class a
15th Jan 2007, 20:13
As i said why not ask them

thats what they told me

cloudbuster320
16th Jan 2007, 13:43
Hi,

I've contacted the SimCenter and they are very positive.They do the AB320 TR and also the building hours in India.Their 1st batch is waiting to be deployed to India soon for the the programme.

Did you contact them?Do you have any feed back?Are you in USA or Europe.Maybe you can help to dig more information or cross check about this program.

Take care!:)

henriksch
16th Jan 2007, 23:57
Their 1st batch is waiting to be deployed to India soon for the the programme.

How many is this, and does it mean long waits after completion of type rating....

Founder
21st Jan 2007, 18:38
Hi all

I've just finished my ATPL studies and I'm now only 2-3 months away from adding ME-IR / CPL into my license. I'm considering a Type-Rating on an Airbus A320 because it's the aircraft that I know best.

I'll have aprox 320 hours in total with aprox 100+ of the being ME-IR.

Does anyone have any good advise on where to do a Rating and the hopes of getting a job afterwards?

Kind Regards
Tim

Speed bird 002
21st Jan 2007, 19:11
GECAT are the only people i would trust in gaining a Job after paying for a Type Rating.

CTC are also good at placing their candidates with airlines but no gaurantees if on A320, could be 737. Who cares aslong as its a jet?? :ugh:

PARC AVIATION are also a Type rating provider but i would not advise them because i know of 2 instructors at CABAIR who went through a type rating with them and are still logging P1 hours on PA28.

Start with CTC and if no luck then try again with GECAT. Dont bother with anyone else.

Good luck.

Hayder :ok:

Founder
21st Jan 2007, 19:32
GECAT are the only people i would trust in gaining a Job after paying for a Type Rating.
CTC are also good at placing their candidates with airlines but no gaurantees if on A320, could be 737. Who cares aslong as its a jet?? :ugh:
PARC AVIATION are also a Type rating provider but i would not advise them because i know of 2 instructors at CABAIR who went through a type rating with them and are still logging P1 hours on PA28.
Start with CTC and if no luck then try again with GECAT. Dont bother with anyone else.
Good luck.
Thanks for the tip =) I knew about these before but only through their websites... much appreciated =)
Kind Regards
Tim

Speed bird 002
21st Jan 2007, 19:38
Mike, have a look into GECAT and CTC. All candidates placed, thats 100%. So, yes there is a guarantee.

MIKECR
21st Jan 2007, 19:42
Yes im well aware of Gecat and Ctc, i've no intentions of flying 73's or 320's though, not in the immediate future. My intentions are TP's and an FI rating. Horses for courses

trainee99
21st Jan 2007, 19:51
I think I'm right in saying that quite a few of the bigger companies will put you through their own type rating regardless of whether you're rated on type. I'm now with eJ on TR with CTC and I know that a few of the guys here had A320 ratings before joining and were required to an eJ 320 rating. So a definite thumbs up for going for CTC/GECAT if able, who already train on behalf of these airlines in my humble (of limited experience) opinion. :ok:

trainee99
21st Jan 2007, 20:36
See above for my previous posting which may have got lost in the heat - anyone know how many bigger airlines find having a generic type rating useful for a job - or do most prefer to send people to their own training provider for their airline specific tr. My only experience is easyJet who send you on their own rating with CTC or (i think the other company is) GECAT regardless of whether you have a 320 rating or not. CTC train specifically to easy SOPs etc.

bartvdw
8th Feb 2007, 11:54
Hello, is there anyone who has experience with http://www.simcorpflighttraining.com/ ? They're offering an A320 type rating and 500 hours. Any information about this company would be helpfull. Thanks

manuelvi
9th Feb 2007, 12:41
i am interested too...do you know if they provide just the 500hrs to already rated guys?
cheers

MIKECR
9th Feb 2007, 19:40
Sin Bin,

If your referring to me then dont you think I might be being a bit short sighted if I wasnt thinking about the job market yet, even though I havent finished my licence?? I have my IR to finish(3 or 4 hours should do it) and an MCC next month or roughly 4 weeks time, then I'll be job hunting along with everyone else. I think now is a serious time to be considering my future!

2 ex work pals and another friend all got jobs with low hours, non of them had to pay for types. They are all on bonded schemes over 3 years and are quite glad they didnt fork out 25k with no job ofer at the end.

james707
11th Feb 2007, 00:50
Pilot development program (PDP) 100-500 hours line flying with type rating:
www.bondaviationservices.com:ok:

a320_richie
13th Feb 2007, 19:44
I am in contact with Bond Aviation. Has anyone any experience with their program?? I am looking at the A320 rating combined with 100-500 LOFT in Dubai

manuelvi
13th Feb 2007, 19:48
A320.
Do you know if they provide also just the hrs if you are already reted? any contacts?
cheers

foreverboeing
14th Feb 2007, 13:06
Hi guys,
Any info will be appreciated where I can do my Airbus 320 base training self funded??Thx

Callsign Kilo
14th Feb 2007, 13:17
Try Bond Aviation Solutions, Storm Aviation or Sigmar. Lufthansa may also offer something along those lines.

Maybe you should change your name to ForeverAirbus mate :p

foreverboeing
14th Feb 2007, 13:42
thx,I will do that when I put the rating on my licence!

elena
16th Feb 2007, 23:14
Talking about simcorp...
How come they train pilots on FAA licence but when talking about the internship they write:
"airlines are governed by JAA, CAA, DGAC rules....".
So how can you possibly fly with those companies on an FAA licence?

Amin
17th Feb 2007, 00:19
elena if the airline operates under ICAO, you only need a license that is a member of ICAO. Check ICAO's website.

elena
17th Feb 2007, 00:29
Which airline doesn't operate under ICAO?:confused:
So if I "only need a licence that is a member of ICAO", since Germany for example is ICAO, I can fly in the US with my JAA licence?
And an American (FAA is ICAO right?) can fly in Germany with his FAA ticket?

thedoctor
17th Feb 2007, 12:23
Hey Guys,
Anybody interested in doing an A320 type rating with Cockpit4u at the end of March in Berlin,i'm looking for a sim partner.They also have a 90% job placement record after completion with their students!:ok:

manuelvi
17th Feb 2007, 20:50
Hi, i was told by their representative not more than a week ago that at the moment they are stopped due to some local authority problems.
Now, let's see if that's true.

cheers

manuelvi
18th Feb 2007, 14:18
I don't know anything about the TR since i'm already rated and were interested just in the time building

bye

elena
19th Feb 2007, 12:47
Well if you are interested only in time building, better be patient.
I know some Euro guys who have been waiting FOR 2 YEARS to get into an A320 course with EagleJet or others.
And I am talking about guys willing to spend 30K$ (since they never found a job) after they already pay their TR.:uhoh:

Nick 1
20th Feb 2007, 07:43
Hi , i'm an A320 Instructor , and if oyu are interested in type rating in a German TRTO , send me a P.M.
Ciao.

Pstatic
20th Feb 2007, 19:47
To Manuelvi

You should get your facts straight. Cockpit4u is doing fine!;)

manuelvi
20th Feb 2007, 19:56
Are you saying that C4U offers hrs building packages?
cheers

MV

Nick 1
23rd Feb 2007, 08:29
If any italian interested in A320 Type rating at Cockpit4u please send me a P.M.
Regards

steeve
24th Mar 2007, 12:51
hi Nick 1,
check your P.M.

99XXTS
16th Apr 2007, 18:38
Hi gents,
at the beginning of May I'll start the TR on the A320 at the SAS Flight Acedemy in Stockholm; at the moment I'm studying the CBT but I'd like to see something more before starting the course. Do you have any website to suggest where I coul find useful infos or training aids?
Thanks a lot.

a320_richie
16th Apr 2007, 18:50
Check out

www.airbusdriver.net (http://www.airbusdriver.net)

A lot of information on the A320 and the type-rating

ITA
17th Apr 2007, 00:12
Airbus Boeing cbt can be found here but not free

http://cibiti.tripod.com

Cheers

Riso
15th May 2007, 02:50
Hi guys!!
I`m doing a research about type ratings..
Having got licenses issued by ICAO 200 hours TT and a A320 rating no hours on type, what would be my chances out there ? Would any airliner hire me as FO ?

three_little_pilots
24th May 2007, 09:50
During the last couple of month we have been investigating the job market in our own non scientific way. :8
We applied to several A320 operators, first as pilots with 300 hours TT and MCC willing to self fund or bond the TR. Then we contacted them again but this time we told them that we already had the A320 type rating, and the third time we told them we had 100 hours on type and guess what.. we were invited :} of course we did not attend, but now we are planning to obtain the training as soon as possible.

The total cost for each of us will be 30 000 GBP for the A320 TR with base check and 100 hours of line training.
Is there any other package out there with a better price?

RMP2
24th May 2007, 19:14
no comment on this one...

three_little_pilots
26th May 2007, 11:31
We are planning to buy a package from randhem, they just started the program and hopefully there are not that many students in line yet?
But thanks for the advice, we will be prepared to wait, and don’t quit our jobs on the side yet :ok:
You are right, there are more jobs available during the summer, but the marked seems to be expanding and operators probably need to hire after the summer season as well, especially outside Europe, don’t you think?

three_little_pilots
26th May 2007, 14:02
Don’t you think the operators will need to hire pilots after the summer season as well? We where under the impression that most of the airlines will need more pilots this year.

We are planning to sign up for the Randhem A320 +100Hrs program.
We believe the line training will take place with Martin Air, can anyone confirm it?

cessnagirl
27th May 2007, 02:50
I'm off to Randhem in september for A320 type rating. When are you going?

Mondeoman
1st Jun 2007, 15:42
Hi cessna girl,
Was September the first available date or did you choose it? Are you doing the time on type as well, 100 hrs? I'm thinking of also going to Randheim for A320 type and time. Thanks

Founder
1st Jun 2007, 16:25
I'm off to Sabena in Brussels on the 18th of june for an A320 MCC+TR and Evaluation on monday the 4th of june

cessnagirl
1st Jun 2007, 16:34
I chose september and I won't be doing the line training. When are you thinking of going?

Mondeoman
2nd Jun 2007, 13:54
As soon as my house sale completes in 2-3 weeks time, i'm in a position to get a move on. No firm dates yet. Did you look around for other providers, How did they compare? I've also looked at cockpit4u £6000 cheaper than Randhem! for type +100 hrs.

Pstatic
2nd Jun 2007, 15:23
Hey guys

This is getting weird. Dont pay anybody to work. Funding your own training is what it is, but paying to do a line flight is downright wrong!!!
In addition you will also have the dubious pleasure of ruining the industry.
I waited for 7 months after my typerating before finally getting hired by a carrier that takes me seriously and my TT is only 235 with 0 HRS on type. I know buying the 100 HRS seems like the easy way but it is not. You will have to wait wait and wait to get your 100 HRS. Certain carriers look down on those who pay to work and last but not least you will have to fund your own stay somewhere with no rights if a training captain decides he does not like you and throws you off the course.
So if you decide to do a rating do your best while youre there. Try to get noticed for your skills and then be patient in your job hunt. Hopefully you will get a job somehow:)

cessnagirl
3rd Jun 2007, 06:28
I'm just doing the type rating. I Chose randheim as I can't spare 6 weeks due to work commitments. Much better to do the TR in 3 weeks although it will be very intense. 80 hours of home study before the course is required.:8

Founder
3rd Jun 2007, 07:44
Do you really think that you can learn the A320 in 80 hours of studies and 3 weeks of training... get real. The 4 volumes of FCOMS totals 2500 pages... reading that in 80 hous is 31 pages per hour, thats half a page per minute. Reading that and really understanding and remembering it is pretty impressive in such a case... (I've read the FCOM's)

I've talked to a lot of Captains and F/O's on the A320 and there are 2 types of TR's. One for new people and one for experienced people.

The fast Randhem course is a typical course for experienced pilots.

The longer courses offered by Intercockpit, Sabena etc. are more suited for new pilots...

Cessna girl, I dont know your experience but if you're a less experienced pilot I would think very hard about studying a lot more than 80 hours before attending the Randhem course...

I am most likely attending the Sabena MCC+TR starting in june. I'm off to do the flight test tomorrow in brussels. The total time for the course is about 2 months with housing provided almost for free.

Kind Regards
Tim

Hsifalcon
21st Jun 2007, 23:37
Hi !! any information about the A320 type rating course at intercockpit is appreciated. Thanks

Founder
22nd Jun 2007, 16:25
I've just started my TR for A320 at Sabena Flight Academy and I must say that I was impressed by their service before I started and I'm even more impressed now...

Kind Regards
Tim

bluesideupsometimes
28th Jun 2007, 19:54
Could anyone enlighten me to how long after the completion of the type rating can one complete the actual 6 T&G's to get the T/R on your license before the trainign has to be repeated (expires).

A bit tight on funds ATM and I was thinking of getting the TR done and do the T&G's a few months down the line.

any info would be appreciated :) :)

EuroSkat
28th Jun 2007, 21:20
JAR rules = 60 days but check with your licensing authority...

TheFlyingDJ
29th Jun 2007, 07:36
Go ask your TRTO, they know.
afaik: 6 months after the START date of your type course.

Mondeoman
29th Jun 2007, 15:26
Hi flyerguy, last time I checked with Eagle jetApprox 3 weeks ago they were only doing a minimum 300 hrs for a newly qualified type holder, or do you know different? They do 100 hours if youre more experienced.:)

SinBin
29th Jun 2007, 17:39
I'm doing my type rating with bmi at the moment. I'm a new pilot, 3 weeks groundschool, 2.5 weeks sim. Same for all four of us on the course.

FCOMs are huge but you're not expected to know it all!! Obviously they are in the flight deck for reference during every flight for real. The CBT which is via GCAT, took 2 weeks to go through covering every system. There is then a further week of M&B and Perf. before the sim begins back with the airline.

(No I'm not paying for it and neither should any of you)

Good luck

SB

SinBin
30th Jun 2007, 00:37
Very true, I don't hide the fact that I looked into these schemes, but with a little patience it did all come through right and I saved myself nearly £23K with 2 days to go! I guess luck was on on my side, perseverance also played a big part.

What I was also trying to get across is that you don't need to memorise the FCOM which one post was eluding to and at around the 2 weeks period you should be in a position to sit the TR tech exam before moving on to the sim.

Good luck all, I know how hard it is, but you'll get there in the end. It is also not your fault that the culture of paying for TRs is about in this day and age. Airlines try to save on everything, it's a cut throat industry, but there are still a few airlines that do the decent thing and invest in their pilot's training. On another note the guys who have paid for a TR in my company and intakes previously have to learn completely different ways of operating the aircraft to the airline's SOPs. Some do find it hard to adapt from Airbus SOPs to the airlines with just 2 sim sessions before Line Proficiency Checks and some do struggle on line training! The Airbus is an incredibly complicated machine so watch out.

AirbusFO
3rd Jul 2007, 11:38
I would like to gain a self-sponsored US-FAA Airbus A-320 type rating and are currently evaluating TRTOs in Miami. Can anybody of you share some experiences made with Bond Avaition, PanamFlight Academy, Simcenter or others. Please reply to this thread or send me an email. My email Address is [email protected] ([email protected])
What could you recommend ?

jeyjey
12th Jul 2007, 06:46
Hello,

looking for a trainings partner for a A320 Rating with simcorp ( not necessarily, could also be bondaviation or simcenetr ) at the 20th of August 2007. Right know I'm waiting on my security check, and try to find out which training provider in the USA to take for the A320 Rating. Any informations of great appreciate.

[email protected]

cheers Jens

Hsifalcon
30th Jul 2007, 02:57
Hi !! I am interested in doing an A320 type rating, can anyone explain to me how many theory examinations are involved . Thanks a lot

Founder
30th Jul 2007, 11:20
I had 8 sessions, 3 ECAM, 1 Performance and 4 FMGS... the systems are all explained via CBT's which is a lot better than a session with a teacher because you'll never have a bad teacher in the CBT =)

If you want to do an A320 TR, READ FCOM1 before you start, that's the best advise I can give you.

DJBlackbird
30th Jul 2007, 12:10
Everything in FCOM 1 is about systems, and an exam can exist of any question that you can find in that FCOM.
Common exam is 100 questions about this.
We also had a performance test paper to do and that is fairly easy if you do it the way you learned it.
I find CBT's boring, the information is not even half of the info you need for the test.

PaulW
30th Jul 2007, 21:15
Dunno who you did your rating with but the two ratings I have done the tech exams have always been made up of questions found in the cbt end of chapter mini tests. Do those over and over again once you have completed the cbt, and youll ace it getting 100 percent or close.

Hsifalcon
30th Jul 2007, 23:10
Thanks for the information guys! The school I am dealing with does not provide ground tuition for the A320 TR course. You have to study everything at home then just go and do the theory exams before starting the simulator part of the course. Has anyone did this before??? This a JAA approved school in Germany. Thanks

Founder
31st Jul 2007, 04:12
It sounds like you're dealing with Intercockpit from Lufthansa, I can tell you right away to stay away from that place... I know a lot of guys who have done their type ratings with that company and they are still looking for a job while guys doing their TR with SFA (Sabena Flight Academy) are working after only a couple of months... I'm doing my TR at SFA right now and I have allready been offered a job...

I too did consider Intercockpit for a long while before ditching them for SFA and I do not regret it at all...

You should also know that the Touch and go's aren't made with any lufthansa aircraft but most often with Croatian Airlines and that means an additional cost for you getting an airline ticket to croatia... (unless if that is where you are living)...

Regarding the test I did my theoretical test 2 weeks ago and it was to 85% the CBT Quiss questions, the rest of the answers were found in FCOM1. I scored 98% on the test...

Hsifalcon
3rd Aug 2007, 15:47
Hi Citation2 ,
I did send you an email. Is it that difficult for intercockpit to find you a partner for the TR course ???

flymiau
3rd Nov 2010, 14:43
Any info on AWVS Ltd ??:sad: