PDA

View Full Version : Car Vanity Plates

divingduck
30th Dec 2006, 19:27
Hi all,
I noticed on a recent trip to Brisbane a Porsche Cayenne tooling down the freeway with the numberplate "AIRBUS".

So, my question is... was that an Airbus rep, a pilot of a non Boeing, or a sad wannabe.

I have a picture but not sure if it should be put on the web...

an additional question is what do you pilot types think of such stuff?

inthefluffystuff
30th Dec 2006, 20:37
divingduck

Hell man if a guy/gal wishes to spend some money on plates why the big deal about it, grow up people are vain and who cares about it!!!!!!

bentleg
30th Dec 2006, 20:39
I have initials and a number on mine. If someone wants to put AIRBUS on theirs so be it. An Airbus pilot is my tip.

Speeds high
30th Dec 2006, 21:41
I would rather put up with a few comments from LOSER DICK HEADS than upset my loverly wife by not using the gift she gave me.

Captahab
30th Dec 2006, 22:42
I would be more worried about someone who would buy a Porsche Cayenne being in any way responsible for an aircraft, especially a french chainsaw.
Ahab :E

Hugh Jarse
30th Dec 2006, 23:05
Like this?
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/HugeArse/Car.jpg

No, not my car. I wouldn't be seen dead driving a Ford **spit** :} But a friend snapped the shot in N.Z. (Thanx Scotty B);)

Glad they have a sense of humour over there, too:ok:

Howard Hughes
30th Dec 2006, 23:29
Hi all,
I noticed on a recent trip to Brisbane a Porsche Cayenne tooling down the freeway with the numberplate "AIRBUS".
So, my question is... was that an Airbus rep, a pilot of a non Boeing, or a sad wannabe.
A Porsche Cayenne? At around $170,000+, I am tipping not a Wannabee...;)

Mr.Buzzy
31st Dec 2006, 02:55
How about the Queensland plates I saw yesterday? "JET 777"
talk about a slick looking "dude" and the way he outran our crewbus was nothing short of spectacular.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz

witwiw
31st Dec 2006, 03:55
ive always wanted the plates ND4SPD...

wonder how they will go on an old rusty 120Y?

good thing Mr Airbus didnt put those plates on a real 4wd and spoilt such a vehicle..

foxtrot india
31st Dec 2006, 04:50
Those of you that suspected the driver of that Porsche Cayenne seen in Brisbane roaming around was an Airbus driver are correct although it could have be his wife doing a sprint!! to the local shops:)

Super 64
31st Dec 2006, 05:51
I've seen the mentioned vehicle pulling into a magnificent house down at the reef in Brisvegas!

Very nice!

S64

divingduck
31st Dec 2006, 09:33
A Porsche Cayenne? At around $170,000+, I am tipping not a Wannabee...;)

Hey howie...didn't realise that they cost that much back in Oz...whilst not exactly cheap, they are pretty much dime a dozen in the sandpit.

15 of them in our compound alone...

tinpis
31st Dec 2006, 10:17
Anyone in Kiwi got ?

KUMARA

AirSic
1st Jan 2007, 06:49
The guys that bought YPJT should get new car plates:

GOTRIPPED

and

BEENBUGGED

from what I am hearing of their latest advances on the "development" of another airport in Perth, I would suggest that 2007 is going to be a better year...couldn't be worse for them!:E

G Cantstandya
2nd Jan 2007, 01:24
I have a perfect plate for anyone wanting aviation related number plates.

***********STROKER**************

That'll suit you all well!!!!!

Islander Jock
2nd Jan 2007, 05:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgXl97HTw3w

Where's this guy when you need him?