PDA

View Full Version : 10 weeks plus for SPL

Ozgrade3
30th Dec 2006, 08:19
We're approaching week 10 now with still no sight of SPL's. Why the hell does it take CASA so long. It appears numerous complaints were made over a year ago regarding the time it took for CASA to issue new SPL's. Its seems little has changed in the last year.

The Americans seem to have thrown away the foreign training market, it also seems that CASA is also tring to do the same in a round about way. Not to mention the delays for Aussie nationals trying to learn to fly.

This is not good enough.

Oz-structor
30th Dec 2006, 09:51
Hi Ozgrade3,
At the flying school i work at, we have had a stack of problems with CASA and their licensing system. Have had some students apply weeks later than others and receive theirs well before. Doesn't seem to be any system being followed by our great regulatory superiors?! :confused:

K3nnyboy
30th Dec 2006, 12:27
they are on holiday at the moment guys, which starts few days before Xmas, then bak at work again fm the 2nd i think....but it doesn't seems like they gonna pick up thie paper work until say...4th of Jan LOL

scrambler
30th Dec 2006, 22:15
I think it is about time that we as a collective approach both CASA and our local federal members about this issue.

Sure it was a little acceptable when things were free however we now have to pay for the service we should receive it in a timely manner.

Just a not aside i received an invoice for my ASIC this week, my ASIC was issued in March.

K3nnyboy
31st Dec 2006, 00:15
talk about all those new charges they gonna put in~~especially for the class 1 and 2 medical...just not acceptable.

regarding the ASIC, taken the fact we all paid an amount of $$ into it....I only just got mine not long ago, and it's already gonne over due in May 07, which is just bull****~~