PDA

View Full Version : Skid Marks in RWY 21 Perth

Pedota
29th Dec 2006, 20:40
Departing Perth yesterday I couldn’t help but notice the HUGE skid marks near the threshold of 21 . . . anyone know what happened? Please forgive me if this has been discussed already but I’ve been of the air for a while and couldn’t see a reference.

Capn Bloggs
29th Dec 2006, 22:23
"Unity" in their Fukkers coming to grips with the 35 kt crosswinds coming over the hills. :}

namate
29th Dec 2006, 23:46
Heard a 737 was taking off on 21......number 1 engine didnt spool up, no 2 did, crew didnt notice immediately, aircraft swerved to left as captain rejected and tried to recover.

Sounds far fetched but thats just what i heard?????

Cheers

king oath
29th Dec 2006, 23:47
Nuthin is far fetched.

SM4 Pirate
30th Dec 2006, 05:01
Sorry 'bout that; curry in a hurry...:\

Icarus2001
30th Dec 2006, 08:22
aircraft swerved to left as captain rejected and tried to recover. ...and how exactly would that explain the marks to the right hand side of the runway?

namate
30th Dec 2006, 08:26
well mate if you had noticed there are two major sets of skid marks on both the left and right side of the centreline. Pedota didnt specify which particular side in his original post. So no that wouldnt explain the marks on the [B]right[B]side of the runway.....

Pedota
30th Dec 2006, 09:58
Namate & Icarus 2001

Actually, I was wondering about both . . . from what I saw they could be related to each other but it would have been one hell of a ride! They are both pretty impressive really.

Cheers

Pedota

jandakotpilot
30th Dec 2006, 10:31
Gotta agree with the previous posts! Pretty impressive. They really stand out. Ill try to get a photo in the next week unless someone beats me to it!
Would have been a real eye opener to see it happen!

Capn Bloggs
30th Dec 2006, 10:43
They were not done on the same day. Weeks apart, actually.

Heard a 737 was taking off on 21......number 1 engine didnt spool up, no 2 did, crew didnt notice immediately, aircraft swerved to left as captain rejected and tried to recover.

Pardon the French, but that's total BS. If the No 1 didn't spool up, the jet would be departing stage left first, then perhaps there'd be a big broggy back to the CL. The aforementioned skid marks are heading off the runway to the right and then swerve back to the CL. And they ain't 737 marks, unless the whole jet was going sideways! :{ Perhaps it was an Ozjet first solo...

ozangel
30th Dec 2006, 14:08
perhaps it was us a couple of weeks ago? By far the worst turblence i've had and a freak gust at touch down saw us going sideways (well felt like it!) at 2:30am after flying in from cairns.

The guys up front did a fantastic job, captains mrs in 1A was loving it! Mind you, the way he was kicking in that rudder, just quietly, had me getting a bit turned on.

Don't know all the facts of course, but his PA to the pax as we turned off the runway, he mentioned a freak 100km/h gust as we touched down. We were all ready to yell brace!

Capn Bloggs
30th Dec 2006, 23:57
The guys up front did a fantastic job
What, almost running off the runway?! :eek:

HEALY
31st Dec 2006, 22:39
The skidmarks on the Left hand side of the runway I believe were made by a Malaysian Cargo 747 that had an aborted T/O about 2 months ago. Sat looking very sorry for a couple of days afterwards

pastadolla
1st Jan 2007, 00:42
Ok well my conscience has got the better of me and it's about time I owned up and become responsible for my own actions. Those skid marks, and i'm not talking about the ones i left on the porcelain this morning, could have been the result of me attempting to return to terra-firma after a flight. You can't blame me completely though as i'm just a cadet and don't know any better right? Obviously my babysitter wasn't doing their job properly:ugh: :}

BrazDriver
2nd Jan 2007, 03:11
Now that someone has owned up I must confess there are a few patches of rubber that I have left behind. I dont think to the same scale as the skidmarks in question though!