PDA

View Full Version : China Unviels J10

Lazer-Hound
29th Dec 2006, 16:44
http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66280

Any views on how it would stack up against current western fighters?

Set Power
29th Dec 2006, 17:28
I particularly like the formation Drill by all the pilots...

Do you think our 'Fighter Jocks' should do the same thing, once a week for the RAF 'PR machine'..:D Would look great in the RAF News or even the Telegraph..

What do you think Jacko???

Tombstone
29th Dec 2006, 17:58
Any views on how it would stack up against current western fighters?

Bearing in mind that they will be building these things in huge numbers, I don't think performance will be the issue here!

There's bleeding fousands of 'em sar! Fousands of 'em! :eek:

Antique Driver
29th Dec 2006, 18:09
Thank God we've spent billions and billions on Typhoon then!!!!!!:ugh:

SirToppamHat
29th Dec 2006, 18:38
I wonder if they had to buy their own leather flying jackets?;)

STH

rmac
29th Dec 2006, 20:15
Sh1t :uhoh: did someone mislay a copy of the Typhoon blueprints ?

Only problem with chinese counterfeit copies these days, is that its all made cheaper and better :E

Its nothing to joke about, these guys are dedicated and tenacious.......on their way to a dominant position while the other "global powers" p1ss away their resources chasing Al Qaeda's shadow, or trying to stop the Iraqis from ethnically cleansing each other (questionable objective !)

bakseetblatherer
29th Dec 2006, 20:19
I particularly like the formation Drill by all the pilots...
Do you think our 'Fighter Jocks' should do the same thing, once a week for the RAF 'PR machine'..:D Would look great in the RAF News or even the Telegraph..
What do you think Jacko???
I couldn't agree more, weekly drill is great for teamwork and discipline and blah. But the main reason I think the RAF should introduce it is 'cos I have left!

DKP1
29th Dec 2006, 20:30
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=374dbc294c

two and a half mins of vid.....

Glass Half Empty
29th Dec 2006, 21:23
Looks like a merge of an F16 and Typhoon with some odd exhaust design. No doubt all plans ripped off from espionage duly carried out by the master spies of the current world.

Gainesy
30th Dec 2006, 07:33
Aaaaah, Lavi anyone?

Antique Driver
30th Dec 2006, 10:10
Very impressive - might give Typhoon a run for it's money!!!

Makes you realise how poor our current military spending, procurement and development is with China becoming a real global superpower.

Time to give up on the war on terror and go back to national defence perhaps?

RobinXe
30th Dec 2006, 10:18
Tis a cross between the canceled Israeli Lavi and an F-16 by all accounts.

Bigger, heavier, less payload and less power than a Typhoon, but they will be getting more than half a dozen of them :}

mbga9pgf
30th Dec 2006, 11:03
Very impressive - might give Typhoon a run for it's money!!!
Makes you realise how poor our current military spending, procurement and development is with China becoming a real global superpower.
Time to give up on the war on terror and go back to national defence perhaps?
Sod the A/C performance, bet the avionics are made in Taiwan... I wonder if their Mx and Radar are up to scratch and how about military datalinks? Put AMRAAM/Meteor (not saying this is any intended fit by any means, although it does have 1553 so should work) on the MR4, and I bet with good datalinks, the rod could shoot down a whole flight of these BVR...
For me, cold war days of fighters requiring performance are long gone... but then again Im not a fast jet jock so what the hell would I know? :rolleyes:

Green Flash
30th Dec 2006, 11:17
Thing is, I bet they will put far up more J10's than there are BVR's rounds in the world and wear us down with sheer weight of numbers.

Bu&&er

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
30th Dec 2006, 13:00
mbga9pgf

Peace tends not not flip straight to war. There are old fashioned things such as period of tension. Using the BVR interception concept when Ivan was probing our defences with Bears, Badgers, Bisons and the like may have produced some intresting results.

Anyway, you can bet your bum that Fu Man Chu isn't neglecting his U-Boat fleet. We may need our less than single Squadron strength of Nimrod 4s to do what they were built for.

airborne_artist
30th Dec 2006, 14:29
When was the last time the RAF had 24 FJ pilots marching in one squad?

Sunk at Narvik
30th Dec 2006, 15:19
I bet they'll have no problems at all making their Typhoons fly from carriers :*