PDA

View Full Version : New(delayed) Charter Op Ex Cwl

no more nite flights
29th Dec 2006, 09:55
Hi,SEEN BOEING 737-400 in KEF in AIR WALES livery,bound for MAN/CWL on empty positioning flight from US.Spoke to crew(US) said a/c was for new operator based MAN/CWL,delayed by 12months!Outfit being run by ex GO/Easy management.Couldnt get any more info from crew though..........:) :) :)

pipertommy
29th Dec 2006, 15:43
Is this the same livery as the air wales atr 42`s ? strange?

Smile!!!
29th Dec 2006, 19:04
Air Wales? New and delayed charter op?:confused::confused::confused:

Cant imagine it as I have heard no news or rumours onit, Got any pictures?

TwinAisle
30th Dec 2006, 10:05
This makes no sense at all.

First thought - If I were starting a new airline anywhere, I would not use a tarnished brand (and I apologise to the ex-6G people, but the brand was getting tarnished, thanks in the main to the actions of You Know Who). And if it has anything to do with easy/Go folks, they tend to be marketing savy people - and wouldn't try and "raise the dead" but would start again with a new name.

The timing of this is all shot - why bring the aircraft in with a full paint job unless you have been on sale for a few months to fill the first flights? Answer - you wouldn't. Assuming they need the aircraft early for a CAA test flight (for their own AOC) well why paint it? Do it in white, get the nod from Gatwick, THEN worry about painting the thing.

I'll believe this when I see pictures! And even then, I would check they haven't been photo-shopped. This story has more holes than a ton of gruyere....

rsutt1
31st Dec 2006, 12:40
Is someone having a laugh.

Still an ATR running around in AWW colours though, operated by Aurigny.

Very very strange. (if true)

Does anyone have an aircraft registration or any pictures.

xtypeman
5th Jan 2007, 21:26
Lets put the record correct. G-CDFF and G-SSEA both still leased by Air Wales CDFF in service operated by Aurigny flight deck on Aurigny AOC will be based in SEN from 15th Jan commercial sales by flightline will be joined by SSEA spring this year. The other three aircraft KNNY, TAWE now in South America, WLSH now with Avanti based in Germany.

737-400 was that posting miss dated should have been 1st April I have spoken to Air Wales top man and he still has enough problems soughting out Air Wales debts and paying for the two ATRs he his not involved with a 737.

Twinaisle i agree with you

GBALU53
5th Jan 2007, 21:55
Well what can one say other than if not said before the dragons flame is OUT?

xtypeman
13th Jan 2007, 13:03
Not quite blown out both of the last two ATRs are still in Red Dragon colours with no plans to change either. The Dragon is resting.

pipertommy
14th Jan 2007, 14:17
Thought they were just in the colours until they off load them?Any news?

xtypeman
15th Jan 2007, 15:50
There is no intention for the livery to change both a/c will have the dragon for quite some time. I beleive the man at the top still wants to but both a/c and possibly either a FRT or a QC 42 as well.

pipertommy
20th Jan 2007, 10:32
From above -"possibly either a FRT or a QC 42 as well" Whats an FRT sorry if its a datf question:confused:

GBALU53
20th Jan 2007, 10:44
pipertommy

FRT = Freight

Q/C = Quick Change

Hope this help you now O.K.?

pipertommy
20th Jan 2007, 16:20
Thank you:) Learn something new every day!