PDA

View Full Version : Go-round (in general) thread

BOAC
10th Dec 2002, 18:48
Apologies to all our loyal readers. One of our 'senior' mods had a 'senior moment' and inadvertently deleted the existing g/a thread, including the latest 'Lufti g/a at Manchester' posted on R&N 27/12/2006.

He has retired hurt, wearing sackcloth and ashes and here is a 'new' thread for you.

NB: No conspiracies - just cock-up:)

AdamC
14th Feb 2007, 15:59
Hey,

Just wondering really how many of you have actually been in a go-around as a passenger on an aircraft.

The 3 I've had are particularly memorable as the aircraft decided to make a nice bank to the right giving us a nice view of the terminal at about 500ft..

I even remember the flight number, OHY419 - Onur Air.. Turkish airline, 3 aborted landings at Humberside (EGNJ).

I was extreamly scared, and so where the crew.. Thats what happens when lack of communication from the flight deck, between crew and passengers happens!

I actually found the airline very poor, and I would class the very little english of the crew a safety hazard.. Couldn't even understand the captain when he came on the PA saying "Sorry, winds are high we are diverting to Manchester"!

However, had I have understood at the time I think everyone would have been a little calmer.. If only he told us it was winds at first? - The cabin crew could have saved the tears.. When you see cabin crew running for sick bags and hearing them cry, it sets the passengers off! Yeah alright, I admit it.. I was crying aswell! - I really did think I was going to die though.

Anyway, hopefully you understand all that!

Adam.