PDA

View Full Version : Should President Blair be allowed leave office with the Iraq situation unresolved?

Bus429
28th Dec 2006, 17:08
Should TB leave office and hand the problem on to Gordon? I think not; TB lied to Parliament about WMD and the general premise of the war. He put our troops in harm's way and has perhaps left we in the UK open to some sort of terrorist action.
He should sort the problem out.

Noah Zark.
28th Dec 2006, 17:20
Bus,
Of course, in essence, you're right. But at the same time, he has had enough time to sort it out, and hasn't.
I don't hold out much hope for his successor either, but at least he won't have been seen to do a "U" turn, and may just do the right thing.

G-CPTN
28th Dec 2006, 17:27
Perhaps nobody will accept the poison chalice?

Noah Zark.
28th Dec 2006, 17:32
I think Gord can't wait to get his lips round it!

G-CPTN
28th Dec 2006, 17:34
If one-eyed Gordon can't see the shortcomings there's always David Blunkett . . .

Wipeout
28th Dec 2006, 17:52
Yes, before he manages to mess up another country....(aside from UK and Iraq)

pulse1
28th Dec 2006, 18:15
Blair should go immediately. He has so far failed to produce the legacy which will put him down in history as a great leader. He has a few months in which to restore his image and it is obvious that he is trying desperately to do so.

For those months he is a man with power but no responsibility, a man with nothing to lose. He is a dangerous man.

chiglet
28th Dec 2006, 19:40
pulse,
I agree, but he's got a flippin' good lawyer......but an UGLY ONE :E
watp,iktch

frostbite
28th Dec 2006, 20:05
Biggest joke is what he recently came out with - he's looking for a job "with real purpose to it".

What does he imagine the job he's made such a fcuk up of over the last 9 years is then?

BOFH
28th Dec 2006, 20:58
frostbite

There is always feeding worms.

I do not think there is one of us (apart from the usual suspects) who cannot wait to see his hairy, droopy nipples in the Sun (oh, and the sunshine).

Vignette: The Captain,the Prime Minister and his wife
<At sea>
<loud, engine-type noises>

C: Those twin 350 Chevies on the boat make a helluva racket when you open them up, don't they, Sir?
TB: Bu..but what about this carbon thingy?
C: Don't know nothin about that carbon stuff, 'cept you shouldn't breathe too mucha it!
TB: But I mean, we're - we're burning fossil fuels and putting taxes on people and I think...
C: Well, watcha want me to do Sir, run this here thang offa a wind turbeen (guffaw)
TB: Well, and I think this in a very deep way, that we all have to
CB: I want to see the island!
TB: Drive on, please Captain.

BOFH
(proud possessor of pert, bald[ish] nipples)