PDA

View Full Version : Thank you BA

Impress to inflate
28th Dec 2006, 17:41
I would like to thank the skipper of the BA 747 that went off the end of the runway in Miami. Without him we would never have known that Presedent "freebie" Blair, bread knife and sprogs were on board for yet another free holiday. What can Blair give back to Robin Gibb of equal value, a knight hood or use of 10 Downing St for week. Ppruners, what do you think ?

G-CPTN
28th Dec 2006, 17:46
I thought the Knighthood was a given, just as Sir Cliff Richard was rewarded for the loan of HIS pad.

Mr Blair and his family spent three weeks in the Caribbean villa in August at the height of the Iraq crisis. (1993)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/3298827.stm
Cliff Richard was knighted on 25 October 1995.

NIGELINOZ
29th Dec 2006, 03:51
This has been done to death,see the threads "It's an Honour" and More Great Reporting right here on Jetblast!:ugh:

Crepello
29th Dec 2006, 04:43
I'm sure the tireless PM was merely "checking out" the domestic arrangements of Messrs Gibb, Richards, et al, to ensure their suitability for gongs.

I'm vaguely aware that certain other Brits Abroad have made selfless contributions in the noble field of broadcasting. So if the venerable Anthony would like me to spend a week with Ms Deeley, Ms Zeta-Jones, etc., I'd be honoured to be of service... ahem :E