PDA

View Full Version : Singapore transit hotels

knobbygb
28th Dec 2006, 16:10
Anybody used one of the "transit" hotels at SIN? I'm departing there in a few weeks on a 04:55am flight and I'm planning on checking in early and grabbing a few hours rest (after a meal and a couple of beers of course).

The website suggests the hotels are located in the "transit halls" of each terminal. I assume that's airside? Will I be able to access them when originating at SIN or are they just for transit pax? Does anyone know if I'll be able to get through security 7 or 8 hours before departure - the airline (Gulf) allows checking up to 24hrs before departure. The information on the website seems totally aimed at transit pax - "don't clear immigration" etc. but no info for people originating there.

They seems to offer a fair service for the price but only if I can drag myself from bed and go bleary-eyed straight to the gate! (note to self: TWO alarm clocks :hmm: )

BitMoreRightRudder
3rd Jan 2007, 09:09
knobby

I used the transit hotel a couple of times but only as a transit pax a couple of years ago. They are airside as you would expect, rooms were comfortable enough for the purpose. You should be able to clear security if you have checked in and have a boarding card. Once you are airside you should have no problem getting a room. Its been a while since I was there but hopefully this is still the case.

Happy New Year

PVGSLF
8th Jan 2007, 04:17
I've used them a couple of times in the last few months.

They always advise prebooking, as they always seem to be full but I have turned up on spec twice and managed to get a room, but I found you need to 1) smile sweetly, 2) be persistent, 3) be willing to walk the ten minutes to the other terminal and try the hotel there.... They are both the same company, but don't seem to have a joined up "room availability" computer system!

But the "Alarm Clock to Gate" time of the length of time it takes you to shower and walk the distance is well worth it, and I would certainly consider using it when originating out of SIN. But I would definately prebook in that case. It's easy to make a comfortable evening of it as there is plenty to occupy your time airside before heading for the room to sleep.