PDA

View Full Version : Low Hour Chopper Jobs

Jay Bo
28th Dec 2006, 09:28
Where would be a good starting point to look for a job as Heli pilot for newbie CPL holder anywhere in Africa.
I understand its right place at the right time etc and I'm not expecting to walk into a job and start flying countless hours from the get go but any guidance would be greatly appreciated
thanks

Leftpedal
30th Dec 2006, 13:58
Hi Jay Bo & congratulations on your new CPL. Your post doesnt give many details, but if you have an R44 and night rating, try NAC Helicopters in Durban, Johannesburg or Cape Town. They have the Netstar contract and most low timers start there (chasing stolen cars with radio tracking devices fitted). It's quite good fun but the money will not be good and the hours vary - Cape Town flies the least I believe. If you have an instructors rating you will get work just about anywhere. (I am assuming you hold a South African licence - if not you will have to convert).

Good luck & perhaps you could post the results.

Jay Bo
1st Jan 2007, 06:41
Thanks for the reply

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Jan 2007, 09:17
Work permit may also tie you up somewhat.

UnDies
2nd Jan 2007, 18:56
Jay Bo - I agree with Leftpedal - Netstar will be the best bet, NAC have just taken over the contract from Alpine - require a night rating with R44 conversion. Get your instructors!! You can`t go wrong - well done:ok: