PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Dispatcher!

alley
28th Dec 2006, 05:37
hey guyz,
been a year tryin to get into dispatching, can anybody gimme some serious advice on how to get started in the middle east? got me FAA liscence from sheffield USA. tried with EK but they dont want freshers!
:(

Haaan
28th Dec 2006, 06:16
Try Ryanair
Go to their website. Aplications close earley in Jan 07.

alley
29th Dec 2006, 04:33
tks but need something in the middle east..

LFC24
1st Jan 2007, 17:57
Try going on the actual airline's websites and on the careers section. Qatar Airways, Emirates, Etihad etc. They always have something.

Capt.Tentacles
2nd Jan 2007, 02:26
hey guyz,
been a year tryin to get into dispatching, can anybody gimme some serious advice on how to get started in the middle east? got me FAA liscence from sheffield USA. tried with EK but they dont want freshers!
:(

Alley, curious as to how much was the damage for the DX course? Also how many days/weeks?

Thanks & Good Luck!

alley
3rd Jan 2007, 02:40
did it frm sheffield in the states.. they r the best in the buisness - it was the 6 weeks course and it cost me $5000.

gunner374
3rd Jan 2007, 12:54
Capt T, did the DX course with IFOD in Dallas who also claim to be the best in the business. Thier course is 5 weeks long and costs $4250. Quite a lot of home study though but not enough to keep from networking in the bar!:ok:

Leiden81
16th Jan 2007, 14:40
If interested in a Mid east position, send me note [email protected] Glad to help.

jackdaniels
1st Feb 2007, 16:47
Okay, guys...
Its getting quite confusing… what I have is a FAA dispatcher license, and here in the states you do flightplanning with it, no ramp pax or baggage assistance, so how the heck should I qualify in the UK???? Anyway could it be really so bad to find this type of position in Europe? How do airlines issue a flightplan then??? Nways I just don’t wanna think I wasted 6 grand for nothing….:ugh: If u’re in dispatching then give me a clue…

jackdaniels
1st Feb 2007, 17:45
hyia gunner...
so u've been at IFOD... I'm about to do the coure there, what do you think of it? and what type of accomodation you received? I mean any info will be very much appreciated...!!!!! I still dont have clear ideas on where to do the course, someone says ifod is the best, others they go for sheffiled... what do you think?
nway have you found a job already?
thanks again