PDA

View Full Version : Question

puckhead
28th Dec 2006, 05:24
Hey guys I am new to the forum and have a few questions about CX. I am 19 years old and currently in Flight school. I will be done in probably a few months with plans to instruct after. How hard would it be for me to go to an airline like CX after insturcting with about 1000TT and 100multi (prob will be higher but rough estimate). Would I have to go to a regional for a while or could I realistically have a chance? I read the thread at the top with all the info but couldnt find any answer although it may have been in there. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Joe

Kane Toed
28th Dec 2006, 07:10
Little to no chance at all without the regional time Joe, at least at the moment. Most DESO joiners in the last couple of years have at least > 5,000TT, generally with regional turboprop or jet. There are several who have serious hours on widebody jets (and not just in the right hand seat), and a number of ex-Military trained pilots from many different airforces.

Basically you have to make yourself competitive. Give recruiting a call, they will tell you exactly what is required. Nevertheless, expect to have to go through the 'natural progression'. Except for the CX Cadets and ex-mil guys (and girls), our pilot recruits invariably come from other airlines around the world.

See you here in a few years and good luck!

puckhead
28th Dec 2006, 17:47
thanks for the reply! I really appreciate the information. Where could I find the recruiting number?

bjbb
9th Jan 2007, 21:21
Try (00852) 27478495 ask for recruiting though. Also check the CX website, im sure they will have like a queries line or something.

bjbb