View Full Version : More Great Reporting

Wipeout
27th Dec 2006, 07:02
Not at all sensationalist...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6211307.stm

Surely it should just read "Blairs plane misses taxiway"?? :suspect:

Krystal n chips
27th Dec 2006, 07:58
I think you've er, missed the point here----notably a deep insight concerning his atrocious taste in music and musicians-----first there was the freebie with Cliff Richard----now we have one with the Bee Gee's. :E :rolleyes:

There again, maybe Cherie isn't a heavy rock chick after all !

cessna l plate
27th Dec 2006, 08:02
What a shame certain passengers weren't injured!!!

Perhaps if any BA crews are reading this you could arrange for a similar event when you bring him back, only do it right this time please, for all our sakes!

Wipeout
27th Dec 2006, 08:15
Mr Blair, poor taste in music??!? The man who did so much to champion Brit Pop and 'Cool Britannia'??

Oh, I see....

R4+Z
27th Dec 2006, 08:28
No-one on board the Boeing 747-400 plane was injured after the incident.

Question is, were any injured during the incident! :eek: :eek: :mad:

Grainger
27th Dec 2006, 09:52
Downing Street confirmed Mr Blair was on his winter holidays . . .While at the same time we're all being told to cut back on flights, but for some reason several foreign trips this month aren't enough for Blair and it's OK for him to go on holiday by air ?

Nice way to set a good example. :yuk:

Noah Zark.
27th Dec 2006, 12:39
He's staying with one of the BG's? As already mentioned, it was Cliff before that, and there have been others before that.
He's a freeloading bum!

G-CPTN
27th Dec 2006, 13:22
Sir Cliff Richard.
Sir Robin Gibb . . .

Bern Oulli
27th Dec 2006, 13:39
According to a reporter on Radio 4 this morning, the aircraft taxyed to the terminal "under its own steam". Is this some new eco-friendly modification the Mr Boeing hasn't told us about?

G-CPTN
27th Dec 2006, 15:32
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/12/27/blair.plane/index.html
British Airways Flight 209 sits at its gate in Miami on Tuesday, moments after missing a turn off the runway.
So it didn't take that long to sort out then . . .

frostbite
27th Dec 2006, 15:48
Wasn't there a school full of paraplegic orphans just beyong the taxiway entrance?

Richard Taylor
27th Dec 2006, 15:58
Glad there wasn't a Tragedy. Guess Bliar can say he's Stayin' Alive Stayin' Alive (ha, ha, ha, ha..............)

Suppose he's had to confirm Britain & BA DON'T own planes of mass destruction.......................:hmm:

G-CPTN
27th Dec 2006, 16:23
The plane was pushed back onto Runway 12-30, which is 9,354 feet long and 150 feet wide.
So there was just room for a Jumbo Jet then? What would have happened if it had only been 9,250 feet long? Would Tony have been burned alive in the resulting conflagration? What a lucky escape!

Noah Zark.
27th Dec 2006, 18:29
Drifting off the thread a little, one wonders if these people living the high life abroad ( I know they've earnt it, and I by no means begrudge them it) see fit to pay their taxes in this country?
And they have the double advantage of being able to vote for this riff raff and not to having to live here and suffer the consequences.
There has just been a vid clip of said B.G. spouting his stuff for his political preference at the last election. ( Guess who?):yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Richard Taylor
27th Dec 2006, 18:38
Noah:

Don't worry about BG...

IT'S JUST HIS JIVE TALKIN'.........................:}

Chesty Morgan
27th Dec 2006, 18:53
Perhaps if any BA crews are reading this you could arrange for a similar event when you bring him back......!

No no no, just leave him there. PLEASE.

Krystal n chips
27th Dec 2006, 18:56
The Beeb's Six o'Clock News duly turned up trumps !---girlie reporter got the word "drama" in to her report within----ohh, about 10 secs :ugh: ----the interviews with some of the SLF were, however, "most amusing"----I shouldn't laugh, but they certainly picked an interesting :rolleyes: cross section of the public.

I think it's all part of the conspiracy by the alligators to regain their territorial rights. :p

NIGELINOZ
27th Dec 2006, 21:30
Quote:No no no, just leave him there. PLEASE.
I thought when Blair was elected the first time he was going to be the saviour of all things British and restore Britain to the once great country it used to be.
Funny how a war changes things.

tilewood
27th Dec 2006, 22:58
It seems he wants to be out of the country he was elected to govern almost as much as the rest of us want him to be out of it .

Perhaps George Dubya is on his way over here to spend a couple of weeks in
Bognor Regis!!

Don't they just deserve each other?!!

I have a feeling the good nature of the British people is being stretched
almost to breaking point!