PDA

View Full Version : Our kids accomplishments...

jet_noseover
27th Dec 2006, 01:33
Yea,I know.. we are proud of them.... most of the times.... and want to brag.
The little jet's offspring at the tender age of 18 chose to ship herself to South Africa and experience the life there.
She is to study urban and regional planing. I know she'll do well as far as study but I, we,, would welcome any advice on the day to day living, locals and such. She has had a rather shelter life but been traveled well. (US passport but European at heart)
What is she to look for to stay safe ?

con-pilot
27th Dec 2006, 02:32
Have her get a hold of Mac the Knife, he seems to be a very good person and he is a doctor.

jet_noseover
27th Dec 2006, 02:48
Thanks connie. The destination is Cape Town. I am excited for her but at the same time,,, being a parent,,,, a bit scared. Am sure you've been there....

con-pilot
27th Dec 2006, 02:55
To true, except not concerning a daughter, luckily I have two hairy leg boys.:p

jet_noseover
27th Dec 2006, 03:19
Hahahaha, Con...
In case you did not know.. Girls have hairy legs too. They just shave or "laser" them. Wonder if it is a must in South Arica as well. :rolleyes: :}

Delta
27th Dec 2006, 10:09
Hahahaha, Con...
In case you did not know.. Girls have hairy legs too. They just shave or "laser" them. Wonder if it is a must in South Arica as well. :rolleyes: :}

crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheh...i always wondered how they managed .....

Whirlygig
27th Dec 2006, 10:37
General safety common sense is paramount in South Africa.

Drive with the windows shut, air con on and doors locked. Do not leave your handbag on display in the car even when the doors are locked.

Do not stop to buy coloured coat hangers and bin liners at traffic lights.

Do not leave your purse/wallet/phone/keys on the bar even if you are sitting on top of them.

Do not walk on your own at night or take public transport at night.

And yes ... girls need to shave any hairy bits that might be on public display! :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

jet_noseover
29th Dec 2006, 02:37
Thanks Whirly I did let her know of all your warnings..:ok:

Mike J Thank you as well. She'll be in Cape Town. Staying in Riverview Lodge. I do hope it is safe.
And yes, I made her shave her legs :} :}

Delta
29th Dec 2006, 05:55
no ofence intended but the word MIGHT?????

And yes ... girls need to shave any hairy bits that might be on public display! :ok:
Whirls

whirls did you leave that door open on purpose ????

:E :E :E

Bus429
29th Dec 2006, 12:18
Perhaps the thread's title should be "Our Kids' Accomplishments" (note use of apostrophe and title case).:p

Bus429
29th Dec 2006, 13:01
Mike,

There is no apostrophe in the original thread title.

Miles
30th Dec 2006, 04:47
whirls has it right, but just to add....... go around with a local and never ever go out alone. Great shame really as SA is an amazing place. I had many good times and met some very cool people. I never got used to people checking in their handguns before lessons and the electric fences around houses was a constant reminder (was unfortunate enough to see the elderly gardener fall against it). Admittedly I was in Jo'burg but its easy to get caught out even in the "nice" areas (one wrong turn).
Anyhow, its a cool place and safe if you take care. Wish her very well.

Milo

Capt. Queeg
30th Dec 2006, 06:55
Perhaps the thread's title should be "Our Kids' Accomplishments" (note use of apostrophe and title case).:p

Maybe Mike was referring to his accomplishments in the area of children. His kids accomplishments.

Like my friend's flying accomplishments.

Or my other friend's hookers acomplishments.

jet_noseover
30th Dec 2006, 18:07
Thanks Milo,
The nosy jetsy arrived in Kapstadt. I e-mailed her all the safety tips recommended here. Thank you :ok:
We also did quite a bit of research on the net. What a gold mine....
To all the anal, apostrophe (spelling) obsessed pricks,,, stick it in your ar$e$'. My English teacher was a Brit. Blame her.... :ugh: :p
Happy New Year!
:}