PDA

View Full Version : Job's!

Mark Kennedy
26th Dec 2006, 21:54
Hello!
I have just posted in the wrong topic about jobs so thought I would post it in the right one wheich is in here!
I am basically looking for a job in aviation as its something I am passionate about, however I am finding it hard to go in the right direction.
I would like to work on the ramp with the aircraft or with the pssengers at an airport, with dispatch (at this stage) being a perfect job for me.
Could anyone please point me in the right direction on how to find these kind of jobs, websites/people to contact etc as it feels like im doing this at the minute:ugh:
I live I North wales and will travel to either MAN or LPL to work.
Thans for any help!:ok:

sir.pratt
26th Dec 2006, 23:12
http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

EGCC4284
27th Dec 2006, 05:22
Check your PM's

Wipeout
27th Dec 2006, 06:07
http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pedantic

:E

MK - check PM

bmibaby.com
27th Dec 2006, 10:25
The best thing to do would be to contact the handling agents at Manchester and Liverpool Airports, as these are the companies responsible for passenger and ramp handling of aircraft. Check the websites for Servisair, Swissport UK, aviance UK and Menzies Aviation who are the big handlers in the UK. Some airlines (like bmi) do have passenger service agents at Manchester, though the majority of work now is by handling agents.

Starting somewhere like ramp agent or pax services agent is a great way to get aviation experience, and usually leads to more exciting careers along the line.

waco
28th Dec 2006, 09:31
Hi Blue

Can you confirm for certanty that MYT are looking for an ops controller.

Cheers

crundale
29th Dec 2006, 19:37
I'm sorry, but i agree with SirPratt...
If i received a letter from someone with no experience asking if there were any "job's" available, the letter would go into the bin immediately.
If someone can not spell "jobs" what hope do they have of understanding a loadsheet? Whatever your individual opinion, first impressions are vital in any industry, even more so in one like ours where being exact and dotting every i is so, so important.
Good luck Mark, but check every letter you send out very carefully, as it is often sad, pedantic idiots like me who will be the ones getting them.
c

bacardi walla
29th Dec 2006, 21:28
If i received a letter from someone with no experience asking if there were any "job's" available, the letter would go into the bin immediately.
If someone can not spell "jobs" what hope do they have of understanding a loadsheet? Whatever your individual opinion, first impressions are vital in any industry, even more so in one like ours where being exact and dotting every i is so, so important.
Good luck Mark, but check every letter you send out very carefully, as it is often sad, pedantic idiots like me who will be the ones getting them.
c

So have you got any "jobs" Mr Crundale :confused:

Mark Kennedy
1st Jan 2007, 14:23
c
Well I knew that I was wrong to even consider posting on this forum, I make one mistake and I get a bashing. I thought that this forum was about aviation not a dictionary owners club. I do Know how to spell Jobs as a matter of fact. Some of you need a reality check:rolleyes: .
Thankyou to those who saw past my mistake and actually made an effort to respond to my question. I was not infact asking for a job, I was only asking how do I go about getting to the industry.
Remember no one is perfect and im sure each and every one of you has made a mistake in the past. Please remember I am only 19 and Im still learning, and DO NOT expect to walk into a job.
If you don't have anythink constructive to say then please dont say it at all.
Rant over.

Lite
1st Jan 2007, 17:28
PPRuNe is a wonderful resource to be able to learn more about the industry, whether you're a seasoned professional who wants to find out about a rumour or news item, or like yourself somebody who wants to get in the industry. There are plenty of us out there who are more than willing to offer advice and help, I suppose in return all that's asked is a well thought out paragraph with clear(ish) grammar and spelling. I think that's the only gripe from some of the regulars, and I hope very much you'll feel welcome and keep coming back.

Working for a handling agent is an excellent way to get a foothold in the aviation industry, giving you a good understanding of how things throughout the airport works, and a great place to network to meet people from other companies about the airport. The pay and conditions will certainly dispell any ideas that working at the airport is "glamorous" but despite the TESCO salaries, you'd certainly have more fun than shelf stacking or working on a till.

If you're working at a big airport, send off your CVs to all of the companies, allowing you to hopefully be picky when you eventually get offers. Include a brief cover letter explaining why you'd like to work there or in that job, and a well written CV to catch the attention of HR.

Just as a correction, though minor, to bluel0gic, GlobeGround outside of Germany is no more. The company was merged with Servisair a couple of years ago, and we now trade as Penauille-Servisair, the "Penauille" coming from the French company that now owns us. There have been rumours of just reverting back to Servisair in the future. The GlobeGround brand is still in Germany as the handler for Lufthansa.

Atishoo
2nd Jan 2007, 21:26
I think maybe they SHOULD revert back to Servisair cuz they need some polishing up on how to treat prospective employees. Communication is NOT Servisair's strong point.