PDA

View Full Version : S76C+/C++ Differences Summary

Chopper Jog
26th Dec 2006, 17:58
Hi there,

We are about to introduce a C++ to our already existing A++ and C+ offshore fleet. Could anyone please provide me with a summary of the main differences between the C+ and C++? We are scheduled to do the differences training, but a heads-up would be nice!

Warmest, humid Africa.

Chopper Jog

magbreak
26th Dec 2006, 23:45
As a starting point, but not a full definitive list:
Arriel 2s2 engines (about 6% more power)
Inlet Barrier Filter
Full FADEC on engines
No more Mixed Mode on the throttles
IIDS software upgrade
Light weight inverters.. Check you have the AC generator still wired into the AC system. Seems a bright spark decided that the feature wasn't needed after 25 years and it was removed. No one told the test pilots though :) It is being reintroduced after S/N 640.
No direct mechanical link from the throttle to the FCU. now via dual DECU's
Can now do power assurance check in the air, and not only on the ground.
hope that's a good starter..

212man
27th Dec 2006, 00:56
It also has the new 'quiet' gearbox which eliminates the classic 1000 Hz whine. I heard a few running and flying recently at Keystone's completion centre, and they are significantly quieter than previously.

(Saw your new toy, Magbrake, too: few weeks work yet!)

HOSS 1
27th Dec 2006, 02:22
Couple other things:
You're no longer out of a job if you get 1 second use of 30-second power. You're now allowed 30 seconds *cummulative* usage before engine removal. (However, this is coming for the 2S1 also)

The collective IIDS scroll switch is no longer. The plunge feature will still work to check for faults on pre-landing, but the fault scroll function is relocated to a new panel that incorporates the filter blockage indication. The rocker motion of that switch is now the engine incr/dncr when in manual control.

There is automatic exit from manual training if you do something stupid (i.e. lower collective with power set high) or have a real fault.

The n1 numbers for 2-min & 30-sec are different but who cares. Just pull into the limiter and the DECU will hold it at the right number. But, I'm sure FSI will want you to parrot back the right number on your test though :)

Hoss-1

magbreak
27th Dec 2006, 17:34
(Saw your new toy, Magbrake, too: few weeks work yet!)
About 3.5 or slightly less with any luck.

Forgot the quiet gearbox. When I flew our new toy without any cabin fit it was about as quiet as our B model with the interior fitted. Be interesting to see how it sounds with the new Silencer interior (or not as the case may be!!)

212man
27th Dec 2006, 23:29
Speaking to the SKY pilots, they were saying that when they first flew the C++ they were constantly saying to each other "what's that noise" as they were able to hear perfectly normal noises that previously they'd not been able.

MB, I hope your estimates are accurate, having just spent a somewhat unproductive visit to PA. Talk to the JCB boys too! May see you there though as will be back from 10th to 23rd.