PDA

View Full Version : Monitor 'No-Signal'

Wipeout
26th Dec 2006, 12:19
Can any Prooners out there help?
My computer has just been re-built, with all the latest drivers added etc etc. But on quite a few occasions the monitor loses the picture, leaving just an on-screen message saying 'No Signal'. However, the computer seems to be running fine. Its all connected up properly. It doesn't just occur during playing games, also browsing the internet or using an MS office application. Having little knowledge about computers, I wouldn't even know if its a computer problem, software problem, a monitor problem, a graphics card problem and so on....
(GFX card is a radeon 9550)

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks :ok:

Wipeout

batninth
26th Dec 2006, 12:43
Mr Wipeout

I would suggest blagging another monitor for a little while & trying that with your rebuilt PC. I had similar symptoms to yours at the begining of the year & it truned out to be the monitor itself - twisting the cable to it worked sometimes so I suspect it was a wiring joint but couldn't find it so eventually I bought a refurbed monitor & eveything was ok again.

As an interim I ran VNC server on the PC and hooked up to it from my laptop using the VNC client but that only works if you've more than one PC in the house.

batninth

Oceanz
26th Dec 2006, 13:02
Wipeout,

Check that the graphics card is seated properly and that there isn't dust on the card etc. - I have had mini shorts like that cause a similar problem in the past.

Wipeout
26th Dec 2006, 13:21
Thanks guys, I'll see about two-timing my monitor...:ok:

spannersatcx
26th Dec 2006, 20:27
Turn off VPU recover in the catalyst control centre.

Wipeout
27th Dec 2006, 07:21
Cheers spannersatcx, I'll give it a go :ok: