PDA

View Full Version : ACASS 2 week Europe Hawker contract

falconflier
25th Dec 2006, 17:10
Received a message about a European Hawker contract after it was due to start. Anyone else find out the details ?

CL604-Pilot
26th Sep 2007, 16:20
I would consider looking elsewhere, ACASS has a very bad reputation with all of the pilots that have flown for them. They will screw you over in the beginning or at the end. If things start going wrong for them, they will not take care of you. I know a lot of pilot who have been screwed by ACASS. In this industry there are two types of pilots...Those who have been scrwed by ACASS and those who will. Just beware...

global707
30th Sep 2007, 11:54
Have to totally disagree with that last post. I have jobbed for them on and off over the last 5 years and they have always done me good. Just make sure you have what you want fully agreed before hand.

chandlers dad
10th Nov 2007, 22:01
Have to agree with Global. I have worked with them on and off for many years and if its in the contract, they have paid me for it. Have had some hassles with them on the travel home at times (contract says business but they try to find a way to make part of it economy at times) but either I book my own flight (and expense it) or they change it.

Have to say that they have done what they said they would on the contract, not like another Canadian company on the opposite side of the country. That one is worth running the other direction AWAY from at any cost. They have enough Challenger, Hawker and RJ pilots out there just waiting for the chance to get even.

J.O.
19th Nov 2007, 01:32
Have to say that they have done what they said they would on the contract, not like another Canadian company on the opposite side of the country. That one is worth running the other direction AWAY from at any cost. They have enough Challenger, Hawker and RJ pilots out there just waiting for the chance to get even.

And which company would that be? You know, so that those of us who are looking for opportunities can be aware of it.

B200Drvr
19th Nov 2007, 06:32
Its Avionco, and I can say their name because I am one of the pilots who got screwed. I was sent to the UK by them to get a visa, spent 3 weeks there waiting for them to sort out between the London agent and Arik as to why I needed a visa, and then 4 weeks in Nigeria and didn't get paid a cent for my trouble. Not a penny!!!! I resigned because they failed to live up to the promises they made me and many others in the recruitment speech. I was typed and current when I joined them, so owed them nothing.
PS: In London I paid my own way, accommodation, food and transport.

B200Drvr
19th Nov 2007, 12:27
CL604
That statement is not true, I have flown for ACASS and have had good service, nobody forces you to sign the contract, and have found so far that they have honored it to the letter.

FlatTwin
19th Nov 2007, 14:14
Same here with Acass. Not the highest paying outfit out there but they paid me in full when I worked with them. Only people I know of who have "gotten screwed" by ACASS were ones who did not read the contract then either left early or did something against the contract, and were then not paid.

Have a friend who was on the Avionico/Arik Air gig and like B200 got screwed. Seems that there are a lot of guys out there who are in that boat with this company. They pay only once a month, so they get the guys to work for a month, do not pay them nor their expenses and smile all the way to the bank. Eventually someone will go to Calgary and take them to court, hopefully on a class action lawsuit and shut them down.

BTW, the owner of Arik air has a private 604 and Avionico was crewing that bird as well. The relationship with the owner got so bad that they hired the last guys flying the bird directly and moved Avionico out of the picture. Know one of the guys there and while the duty hours are rough (read long) they are paid on a regular basis and fairly well.

1Bingo
19th Nov 2007, 19:42
AVIONCO made me promises, didn't respond - nuff said.

1 Bingo