PDA

View Full Version : Speed Camera Causes Increase in Accidents

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
25th Dec 2006, 17:26
seems the one at J41 on the M4 near Port Talbot is to be taken out after the accident rate increased after its installation.

also seems the Department of Transport is to commission a report on the accidents caused a few miles further down the road from speed cameras. Apparently drivers accelerate away from speed cameras and cause accident black spots a mile or so down the road......

safety or a way of milking cash out of the motorist?

c'mon bjcc. It's chrimbo. I'll enter into some kind of debate with you until midnight on the subject - the feeling of good will is on me. (It could be due to the amount of alcohol consumed today.........)
:)

High Wing Drifter
25th Dec 2006, 17:31
Problem is the new 'solution' will be even more punative and/or restrictive.

Krystal n chips
25th Dec 2006, 17:43
seems the one at J41 on the M4 near Port Talbot is to be taken out after the accident rate increased after its installation.
also seems the Department of Transport is to commission a report on the accidents caused a few miles further down the road from speed cameras. Apparently drivers accelerate away from speed cameras and cause accident black spots a mile or so down the road......
safety or a way of milking cash out of the motorist?
c'mon bjcc. It's chrimbo. I'll enter into some kind of debate with you until midnight on the subject - the feeling of good will is on me. (It could be due to the amount of alcohol consumed today.........)
:)

There are two on that stretch of the M4 where it's a 50mph limit----which one is it ?-----not that anybody takes a blind bit of notice of the things anyway :ugh: --or so it seems on my frequent excursions to Swansea via Cardiff.

Oh for the early completion of the Neath - Abergavenny upgrade !!