PDA

View Full Version : The lady in the satnav

Hobo
25th Dec 2006, 17:20
What do you call your lady in the sat nav?

We called ours Wilma, but got so fed up with "off rout, off rout" instead of "off route, off route" that we switched from English (American) to English (British). Now, Wilma hardly seems appropriate.

Of course if it were a man's voice we would be happy with Nigel.

Any suggestions?

brickhistory
25th Dec 2006, 17:29
Bitchin' Betty.

When in Germany, my rental car had a "Helga" to direct me. Not to suggest, but a "you vill turn now!"

flying bizzie
25th Dec 2006, 18:06
We call ours Naggin' Nora..............after the Mother in Law!

Solid Rust Twotter
25th Dec 2006, 19:22
Aunt Agatha...:eek:

NIGELINOZ
25th Dec 2006, 20:56
If anyone has ever watched the great series"keeping up appearances" and felt sorry for Richard,then surely it would have to be Hyacinth!
(at least satnav's don't tell you to "mind the pedestrian"(or do they?)

click
25th Dec 2006, 21:10
Drove to Italy from Prague, our neighbour had his brand new satnav installed and we gladly gave up the point through Czecho to the Austrian border. After crossing into Austria, we swapped and yours truly (heavily laden and with a measly 1.6 litre) took up the point again. A few hours down the road, while juggling diapers and the fuel nozzle, our neighbour comes over and says that his unit is so new that it doesn't come with Czecho language.....hmmm, yeah whatever....he continues munching snacks....what gets me are the bears. ?????
Wha? ....Yea, he says, every once in a while it's a bear right and then a bear left....how does it do that??? ....Guess you had to be there:E

AeroSpark
25th Dec 2006, 21:27
I usually call mine 'SHUT THE K**F UP!!!!!':mad:

TBirdFrank
25th Dec 2006, 21:36
Digital Doris

or in our area

its a lorry and this is a footpath!!!

MarcJF
25th Dec 2006, 21:59
I call her Deirdre

vapilot2004
26th Dec 2006, 07:50
If anyone has ever watched the great series"keeping up appearances" and felt sorry for Richard,then surely it would have to be Hyacinth!
(at least satnav's don't tell you to "mind the pedestrian"(or do they?)

A nav box with Dame Routledge's guiding voice would certainly be on my list of must haves. :cool:

ChrisVJ
26th Dec 2006, 08:34
We don't have StaNav in our car but recently we were in Montreal for No 1 son's passing out parade (Basic training.) We hired a car for one day and then 4 days ( It was $80 cheaper that way!) They (Avis) made us go back for the changeover so we insisted on a clean car. The new car was a Grand Prix with SatNav.

Our first problem was leaving the airport. I tried to adjust the mirror to get rid of the headlights behind. "This is the Onstar Centre, how can we help you."
"Oh we don't need help we're just trying to adjust the mirror" "Well I'm here to help you." "Er look, I'm a little busy trying to avoid the traffic and get out of the airport, please just cancel our call" "You pressed the emergency button and we're sending an ambulance. Roger will come on in a minute so you can tell him what the problem is." " Er, I'm a little stressed just now exiting an airport I don't know in the dark, please cancel the ambulance." "You'll have to talk to Roger about that."

"Hello, this is Onstar, my name is Roger. You've called for an ambulance." "Please just cancel the ambulance and tell us how to adjust this mirror so we don't get dazzled."

It must be an age thing. I never used to have this trouble with motor cars.

Actually when we finally got it to work the SatNav was great but I'm sure we should not be using it for primary navigation just in case it gives out. I have urged my copilot (wife) to continue using the map.

Beagle-eye
26th Dec 2006, 08:59
I recently bought a "NagNav" system. We call her "Sophie SatNav". :)

UniFoxOs
26th Dec 2006, 09:02
Natalie (the Navigator) is what the GF has christened ours.

Cheers
UFO

Oceanz
26th Dec 2006, 14:31
Seems that downunder someone has called her Veronica - and she's not impressing the missus. In today's SMH (http://www.smh.com.au/news/heckler/another-woman-is-driving-my-husband-to-distraction/2006/12/26/1166895296889.html)

maxburner
26th Dec 2006, 16:15
Bitching Betty. Has quite an attitude if you ignore her commands, but it is in a German car.

She can't find our local Tesco, but if you ask for Poland she's right there....

eticket
26th Dec 2006, 16:20
Moaning Myrtle

FakePilot
26th Dec 2006, 16:33
I keep asking her to talk dirty to me.

Mr Grumps
26th Dec 2006, 16:44
Download Ozzie Osbourne's voice. It amuses people for a while with it's 'You have reached your fffffu**ing destination' etc. Can't use it with kids in the car though.

spanner-do
26th Dec 2006, 19:57
Mrs Spanner-do has categorically decreed that under no circumstances will she be using the SatNav because " Its all right for Spanner-do to have a woman telling him where to go, but there is no way on Gods Earth that she is having another woman telling her where to go!!!!!!!!":ok:

Henry Hallam
27th Dec 2006, 01:30
Holly, after Red Dwarf