PDA

View Full Version : Problem Solved

cpdude
25th Dec 2006, 01:14
Problem...C/T department is saturated and the task is only getting bigger with proposed recruitment/upgrades required.
Solution...,

Line Checks,
CAD only requires a 1 sector (PF) line check! Reduce all line checks to meet this requirement. Savings of 2-3 sectors for every JFO-SFO in the company. Let's say 1100 pilots or 2200-3300 flights. Plus...another 600 pilots (Captains) could be doubled up on HKG/MNL/HKG line checks with the checker sitting on the jump seat conducting two line checks. Savings potential of another 300 flights.
Total savings of training resources of up to 3600 flights per year or 7200 pilots rostered!

RT Sim,
Remove jeopardy from sim (no write-up) and design several different profiles and have the IP select one from random. Session will have emphasis on training/practice of NNP.
No savings of resources but overall training value increases!

PC Sim,
Continue with current system...it works and emphasis should be on normal operations IE. automatic flight!

LOFT Sim,
Bring this sim back as a non-jeopardy real-time mission for all JFO-CPT to be completed 1 or 2 times per year.
Additional resources required of 850-1700 Sims per year.

Command Skills and Handling Sim,
Continue with these sims.

Base Training in Aircraft,
Stop this immediately and complete this in the sim!

Conversion training and Command Training,
Dramatically reduce the current number of sectors required.

If CX follows this recommendation then just maybe they will be able to manage the task ahead with their aggressive growth plans...otherwise...lookout! :bored: :ok:

cpdude
25th Dec 2006, 03:50
you are really one SAD individual..............get a LIFE.......or are you one of these retreads that's got no-where else to go?:ugh:
More monkey poo!:8

Oasis
25th Dec 2006, 13:49
Yea jizz,
Where did THAT come from?
Seems to me like there were quite a few good points there.....

Trevor the lover
26th Dec 2006, 01:47
Nope, sorry, gotta agree with Jizzman on this one.

Firstly, what was the point. I might be wrong but I have a sneaking feeling that putting this stuff on Pprune will not make management sit up and say, "hey he's right you know, lets change the system, 3 cheers to CPdude."

secondly, whilst your moniker is a clue, you make no mention of which airline you are spaking of. CX is NOT the only airline in this area bud. Unless of course you work for CX, in which case everyone else is irrelevant.

cpdude
26th Dec 2006, 02:53
Nope, sorry, gotta agree with Jizzman on this one.
Firstly, what was the point. I might be wrong but I have a sneaking feeling that putting this stuff on Pprune will not make management sit up and say, "hey he's right you know, lets change the system, 3 cheers to CPdude."
secondly, whilst your moniker is a clue, you make no mention of which airline you are spaking of. CX is NOT the only airline in this area bud. Unless of course you work for CX, in which case everyone else is irrelevant.

Trevor,
The point was exactly as you mentioned! Just maybe management will sit up and say "hey I have an idea" and claim it for themselves and that would be just fine with me!

Secondly, had you read the entire post you would have realised which airline I was referrring to!:rolleyes:

Lastly, I concede that there are as many opinions as there are pilots but regardless, one should always submit a replacement plan if shooting down someone else’s!:p

Trevor the lover
27th Dec 2006, 11:25
Good evening CPDUDE,

Thank you for your friendly reply. I apologise that my post was antagonistic and I admire you for replying in a mature way (but that's why I'm a lover not a fighter).

For the sake of all the CX dudes cominmg up for training I hope you are right that someone may sit up and steal your ideas and put them into practice. Lord knows some of the airlines around here could use a change.

As for my comment about the CXness of many posts. I do obviously get a bit peeved (maybe not enough in my life to worry about) at the amount of posts that splat on without mentioning an airline's name just assuming we all know it is CX, ie "anyone else got a second interview soon?" (yeah, who with) or 'gee haven't management screwed this one" (yeah, who's management?) As I say, there are some other pretty big carriers around here.

trev

cpdude
27th Dec 2006, 16:43
Good evening CPDUDE,

Thank you for your friendly reply. I apologise that my post was antagonistic and I admire you for replying in a mature way (but that's why I'm a lover not a fighter).

For the sake of all the CX dudes cominmg up for training I hope you are right that someone may sit up and steal your ideas and put them into practice. Lord knows some of the airlines around here could use a change.

As for my comment about the CXness of many posts. I do obviously get a bit peeved (maybe not enough in my life to worry about) at the amount of posts that splat on without mentioning an airline's name just assuming we all know it is CX, ie "anyone else got a second interview soon?" (yeah, who with) or 'gee haven't management screwed this one" (yeah, who's management?) As I say, there are some other pretty big carriers around here.

trev

No problem Trevor!

In the world of Hong Kong airlines...it almost doesn't matter "who" because CX is beginning to own them all!:ooh:

Trevor the lover
28th Dec 2006, 10:48
touche!!!!