PDA

View Full Version : Lighten up, it's christmas...

FlyByRotor
24th Dec 2006, 22:41
Can't help noticing (Really CANNOT help noticing) all the negativity, and desire to step on each other in here. I just joined this Forum a little while back, and the memorable first reply I got as a member of PPRuNe was that my JAA CPL and 220 hours (You were there once, remember...?) wasn't worth a damn. A you-might-as-well-sell-your-books-and-find-another-profession-to-pursue kind of deal.

Well, that's not me, or anything anyone in here will ever hear from me, so I'll try again...

Hey guys... Nice seeing you, and glad to be here...Hope you all are having a blast of a christmas, and if you don't have anything productive, or even just nice-just-to-be-nice-and-welcoming to say, don't say anything. I'll do my very best not to develop an attitude when (Note: WHEN) I get my hours and experience...

Fly safe!

mcgoo
25th Dec 2006, 13:46
Hi, I suspect the response you received previous was by a poster called A320Rider, he has since been banned.

Regards

Mcgoo

wbryce
25th Dec 2006, 17:25
Welcome to PPRuNe mate! :}

Mo91
25th Dec 2006, 20:15
Merry Christmas pal. Welcome aboard to the best forum alive. It is a friendly helpful forum...even for a 15 year old like me.;)
Wish you a happy time on here

The African Dude
25th Dec 2006, 20:34
Yes, I also noticed the negativity and hijacking of posts for pointless and argumentative purposes. I used to use this forum regularly but have backed off because it because increasingly difficult to sift through the posts made by people who forgot what it was here for - particularly those who gave their views on topics they had no idea of. MS Flight Sim pilots who think their Help file taught them enough to answer questions on airmanship.

But I wish you a merry christmas and a happy holiday. I wish all on PPRuNe the same. There is much great experience among this forum which we can all learn from - so let's keep it relevant in 2007, and contibute to the great resource that it is...!

Mo91
25th Dec 2006, 20:47
MS Flight Sim pilots who think their Help file taught them enough to answer questions on airmanship

Sorry...not meaning to start an argument or anything here but I'm 15 and FSX is the closest I can get to a flight at the moment so please don't disrespect it.
Cheers:ok:

dimitrispa31
6th Jan 2007, 23:08
Why guys did you ban a320rider?He was so funny,every post that this guy did was hilarious,its very nice coming home from work tired and read sth that makes you laugh,this guy was really one of the best here,i was a great fun ;) A320rider,did you burn the licence buddy?? :ok:

Hufty
6th Jan 2007, 23:17
There are some morons and flightsim pilots on here, but there are also a huge number of experienced pilots, most of whom will give you a great deal of useful assistance and advice if you frame your questions in a sensible way and do your research first. Having said that, don't ignore all the negativity - there are some people who hate their jobs and would discourage you from a career as a pilot. Try and filter out the facts from all the ranting and come to your own conclusions...

Walk the line
7th Jan 2007, 00:52
Welcome buddy! Dont be disillusioned-remember a small minority of people use forums to release their own anger-they casually hide behind the guise of an alias and arbitrarily belittle any hopeful wannabe, possibly because they themselves didnt get on as well as they would have liked in the industry, it happens....ciao for now!

WTL