24th Dec 2006, 21:16
Happy Christmas ppruners everywhere,
have a safe 2007

scruggs
24th Dec 2006, 22:49
My thoughts exactly mate - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all ppruners

Harves
24th Dec 2006, 23:10
I'll echo that, espcially to those of us who have drawn the short Christmas straw....or maybe not depending on your view of Christmas. Anyway...As I doubt I will have the opportunity to get back on here for a while due to inpending marriage...here's to a great 2007 for all and a special good luck to those seeking that first seat in our generally marvellous industry.

Cheers, Harves

GearDown&Locked
24th Dec 2006, 23:25
Merry Xmas from Sintra, Portugal, specially for those who are cruising the skies at this moment, and far away from their family and/or loved ones, you're not forgotten. We do appreciate your business.

Jose
GD&L:ok:

FlyByRotor
24th Dec 2006, 23:35
Can't help noticing (Really CANNOT help noticing) all the negativity, and desire to step on each other in here. I just joined this Forum a little while back, and the memorable first reply I got as a member of PPRuNe was that my JAA CPL and 220 hours (You were there once, remember...?) wasn't worth a damn. A you-might-as-well-sell-your-books-and-find-another-profession-to-pursue kind of deal.

Well, that's not me, or anything anyone in here will ever hear from me, so I'll try again...

Hey guys... Nice seeing you, and glad to be here...Hope you all are having a blast of a christmas, and if you don't have anything productive, or even just nice-just-to-be-nice-and-welcoming to say, don't say anything. I'll do my very best not to develop an attitude when (Note: WHEN) I get my hours and experience...

Fly safe!

Spirit of st. Louis
24th Dec 2006, 23:42
I like your attitude!!!:D

Happy Christmas!!!

C.L.

TotalBeginner
24th Dec 2006, 23:50
Merry Christmas everyone!:ok:

soggyboxers
24th Dec 2006, 23:57
Whatever your faiths or beliefs, I too wish a merry Christmas to one and all.

PEACE ON EARTH GOODWILL TO ALL MEN

I especially send my best wishes to the families of the hostages in Nigeria and all those being unjustly held, wherever they may be. You are not forgotten.

RoyHudd
24th Dec 2006, 23:59
Hey FlyByRotor, Negativity is all over the place...I sometimes dispense it! Despite that, good luck to you..you'll probably make it. Worth the effort, believe me.

wannabe-aviator
25th Dec 2006, 00:02
Feliz Natal, Merry Christmas To Everyone And Anyone Andto All Ppruners May You And Your Families Have A Wonderfull Christmas.

To All Our Collegues Flying On And Around Christmas Many Happy And Safe Landings And Its You Guys That Help The So Many Millions Around The World See Thier Loved Ones Keep The Good Work Going And May You Get The Rewards You Deserve.

Yours In Spirit
Wa

Blues&twos
25th Dec 2006, 00:05
I've just checked!

He's been! He's been!

Slavedriver
25th Dec 2006, 01:29
Happy Christmas all!

Best of luck to the big man, I do hope he passes his round the world route check tonight :}

circlesquare
25th Dec 2006, 01:35
A very merry xmas to all those working (of which i'm one.. plus it's me birthday to boot..... buggar!) and those who have the very much deserved enjoyment of not...
I bid thee all glad tidings...

a prosperous new year to you all..

Aussie
25th Dec 2006, 01:46
Merry Xmas to all Pruners!

Bring on 2007!

Aussie

FlyVMO
25th Dec 2006, 01:48
Thank you who have already said so, and Merry Christmas to all so inclined. Happy New year everybody too!
Its far too easy to be negative on here, but for a few days anyway lets all resist that urge. Be Merry enjoy the company of friends when you can, that time seems to be far too scarce sometimes. Fly safe and enjoy the view...

barit1
25th Dec 2006, 03:31
UFO sightings & tracking (http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php)

Best wishes to all!

six7driver
25th Dec 2006, 03:36
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all our families that put up with our passion/work you all deserve the very best for always being there for us no matter what time zone or hotel we're in!!!, we'll be home soon!:)

FreeJoe&Jan
25th Dec 2006, 04:10
Ditto. Merry Christmas and God bless to everyone.

Rat Catcher
25th Dec 2006, 08:00
Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous 2007 to PPRuNe'rs everywhere!:D
Lets hope it is a safer year for all in the business and for any of you wondering whether you should get into this great profession...
GO FOR IT!:ok:
I like an office that gets up and moves around:E especially when it gets where you want it too:8 and the people can get off under their own steam...:E

zed3
25th Dec 2006, 09:44
To all the known names but unknown faces on Pprune - A very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2007 and a BIG THANKS to Danny and co.!
zed3

fireflybob
25th Dec 2006, 11:39
A very Merry Christmas to you all and a Safe, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
The year would not be the same without PPrune - thanks to Danny and all the Mods etc.
My belief is that at the end of your life you won't be able to remember everything but you will remember the "magic moments" so I challenge you all to go out to create more "magic moments" this year. It could, for example, be sending a note to say thank you to someone who least expects it but deserves it or paying the toll for the driver behind you or just saying "I love you" to someone who is important in your life. What goes around comes around and it is my belief that whatever you give out comes back at least ten thousand fold or more.

Finally, at the end of your life I dont think you will regret the things you have done but you will regret the things you have not! So I also challenge you not to put off "climbing the mountain" (or whatever you dream is) but to start the climb now!

AGP PERSON
25th Dec 2006, 11:50
Merry Xmas and a Great New Year to all in aviation.
Feliz Navidad y un prospero aņo nuevo 2007

rab-k
25th Dec 2006, 19:28
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Blithe Yule an a guid New Year tae ane an aw.

Nollaig Chridheil huibh agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/Smileys/christmas/smiley.gif

Danny
25th Dec 2006, 20:04
Merry Xmas to all of you, especially to all those pilots who, like me, are downroute in a hotel, many thousands of miles from their families.

I hope the new year brings prosperity with every take off balanced by a safe landing.

EGCC4284
26th Dec 2006, 18:27
Hello Danny

Just about to set off for my 3rd nightshift at EGCC as a refueller.

Yes, I was working nights on Xmas eve night, Xmas day night, Boxing day ( tonight ) and will be the following night for good measure.

These will be my last ever set of nightshifts in my present job as I have landed a jet job starting in 3 weeks time.

Just to say thank you for starting this website up many years ago and allowing me to meet sooo many new friends.

First flying lesson was in August 1999 at Welshpool, completed IR September 2006 at Ravenair, Liverpool. Did all my training through the modular route whilst in my present job. Kept my job whilst slogging along.

Been working in my present job for 8 and a half years and it feels strange to be leaving.

Dreams do come true if you never give up.

Happy Christmas to all.

EGCC4284.

broadreach
27th Dec 2006, 01:14
Best Xmas and New Year wishes to all; here's something that hit me on an internet radio on Xmas day. The commentator said the song came to the Hawaiian composer during the night; for those downline whose job it is to keep above the chimney tops:
Artist: Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'
Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
OK this one's for Gabby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby ii ii iii
Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true ooh ooooh
Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me ee ee eeh
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops thats where you'll find me oh
Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dream that you dare to,why, oh why can't I? i iiii
Well I see trees of green and
Red roses too,
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Well I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark and I think to myself
What a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying, I...I love you
I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more
Than we'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world (w)oohoorld
Someday I'll wish upon a star,
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top that's where you'll find me
Oh, Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I? I hiii ?

p.s. if you can, google the original recording!

caos
27th Dec 2006, 03:10
http://www.forest.cl/caos/pprune/pprune_ani.gif

barit1
27th Dec 2006, 14:06
Best Xmas and New Year wishes to all; here's something that hit me on an internet radio on Xmas day. The commentator said the song came to the Hawaiian composer during the night; for those downline whose job it is to keep above the chimney tops:
Artist: Israel Kamakawiwo Ole'
Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow ...!

Ted Koehler (lyricist of Over The Rainbow - 1938) must be spinning in his grave.

broadreach
27th Dec 2006, 21:15
Barit1, why spoil the story with detail!

barit1
27th Dec 2006, 21:46
(snicker) - I'll have to dig up the lyrics to Somewhere Overweight People
(a suburban fast-food blues lament) for you to shed a tear over... :p

Found! Go here (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/allansherman/lyricsfairlady.html) & scoll to the bottom...

broadreach
27th Dec 2006, 22:01
Bah, going all mushy on me Barit1. Perfect timing though, better half was looking over my shoulder; why does she always think everything is about HER?!