PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

Mo91
24th Dec 2006, 18:19
Hello there
This question is probably posted at the wrong time...christmas eve so I don't expect an immediate answer. I have two questions...
1) Is all flight training cheaper in the US and In Spain than it is In England?
2) Is a American or Spanish license any different to a license obtained in England? I would also like to know whether UK based airlines would bare any preference to pilots trained in the UK as opposed to pilots trained in other countries.
I would appreciate all responses and wish everyone at PPRUNE a very merry Christmas and all the best for the new year.
:ok:

Speed bird 002
24th Dec 2006, 18:33
I'll try to answer the questions with my limited knowledge in numerical order

1. Yes, however, cheap training is not always the highest quality.

2. In America, there are FTO's that train towards a JAA and FAA license the latter being the license that would require training conversions if seeking employment in the UK. Its actually more of a headache training towards a FAA license and takes longer. Airlines in Europe require Pilots to have a JAA ATPL License. Spain is a JAA state so all training done there is towards a JAA license or rating.

Have a look at Egnatia Aviation, training is done in the latest aircraft and also towards a JAA license. Full cost of training from ZERO-ATPL is roughly £31,000. Excellent price, as if you look at other FTO's like Oxford Aviation, FTE and Cabair, there prices are Sky High!!! :ooh:

Good luck in which ever way you train :ok:

Mo91
24th Dec 2006, 18:38
Thanks for the information and i wish you a merry christmas and a very happy new year. Just one more question though...FTO stands for...flight training...???
Or have I just got it completely wrong?
Thanks again.
Mohammed

Speed bird 002
24th Dec 2006, 18:40
FTO, stands for Flight Training Organisation.

Hayder.:ok: