PDA

View Full Version : A Special message and thanks.............

PPRuNe Pop
24th Dec 2006, 18:13
to all the guys and girls serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and other places abroad on duty in HM Forces.

I am considered by some to be the 'elder statesman' of PPRuNe and as a mod I believe I can, in both capacities, represent all the mods and members of PPRuNe in wishing you a very happy Christmas and a good and safe New Year.

Everyone here has no problem in realising what a brilliant job you are doing and the sacrifices you are making on our behalf. We also realise that you would prefer to be with your loved ones. On both counts we give you thanks for doing what you have to do and also pray that you are kept out of harms way.

God bless every one of you.

PPRuNe Pop

PPRuNeUser0211
24th Dec 2006, 18:20
here here pop

Be safe one and all

Safeware
24th Dec 2006, 18:39
Hear hear,

For those that sleep under your blanket of protection, many thanks

sw

Green Bottle 2
24th Dec 2006, 18:43
Our thoughts are with you this Christmas. Stay safe and may you all be safely reunited with your loved ones soon.

Chugalug2
24th Dec 2006, 18:56
To each and everyone of you manning the ever thinner Thin Red Line, thank-you for standing in harms way on our behalf. We who enjoy Christmas with our families are especially aware and mindful of you if duty prevents you being with your loved ones. Take care and try to stay safe, these may be trying times, but you will look back on them with rightful pride for the rest of your lives. We salute you all.

sarsteph
24th Dec 2006, 19:03
To all on ops and those preparing to jet off soon. Stay safe and have a happy time. You're in our prayers

WorkingHard
24th Dec 2006, 19:10
Especially at this time of year I would like to express my thanks, admiration and profound respect for all the British armed forces and hope and pray you all come home safe and sound. God bless each and every one of you and thanks to PPRuNe Pop for starting it off.

PFR
24th Dec 2006, 20:13
Yes, a Big Thank You. God be with you all.

Rick Storm
24th Dec 2006, 21:47
Take care guys and gals, my thoughts are with you all. "You gotta make the best of the situ your in" words from my old dad, RAF Lancs crew WWII

On the bright side, I've got a bloody turkey to cook in 11 hours time. Anyone wanting a pen pal PM me

Rick

Man-on-the-fence
24th Dec 2006, 22:16
Hear Hear
As Orwell said "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" ....or something like that!
Will be thinking of you and your families tomorrow.

Thanks for what you do.

Lyneham Lad
24th Dec 2006, 22:53
Notwithstanding the antics of Bliar, Brown and Browne, I can only concur with the message from HM the Queen and wish all involved in Iraq, Afghanistan and other operations my most heartfelt thanks and admiration. Keep safe.

Captain Kirk
24th Dec 2006, 23:21
Just finished wrapping presents for my children; logged on before hitting the sack - poignant to pause a moment to consider those so far away in perpetual danger. We are thinking of you - Merry Christmas.

Tim Mills
24th Dec 2006, 23:24
Well said PPRuNe Pop, and the others, from another elderly, if not very statesmanlike, PPRuNer.

Very best to all, and thank you.

Tim

WE Branch Fanatic
24th Dec 2006, 23:33
Happy Christmas everyone, and stay safe. Peace be with you.

Talking Radalt
24th Dec 2006, 23:53
Best wishes to all, whoever, where ever.
Raising a glass to you all at Radalt Towers. :D
Cheers!
TR

Oggin Aviator
24th Dec 2006, 23:57
Be safe, get home and enjoy a well earned belated Christmas. Being away at this time of the year is pants but you are all doing a marvellous job, for which all on here are grateful.
Salut.
Oggin

Geehovah
25th Dec 2006, 06:04
Having done a few Christmas deployments in my time I know how hard it is to be away from family at this time of the year.

I'd like to add my best wishes to those so eloquently posted.

Stay safe and hurry home

Merry Christmas.

Gainesy
25th Dec 2006, 06:26
Be safe Guys and Gals on Ops, we want you back as much as you want to be back.

Top Bunk Tester
25th Dec 2006, 06:58
I would like to thank you all for your best wishes, I am sitting in mortar central (Basrah City North) at the moment and it has been relatively quiet so far. Long may it stay so. Can I wish each and every one of you wellwishers a very merry and peaceful Christmas.

Regards
TBT

VP8
25th Dec 2006, 08:37
Keep safe out there guys and gals, thoughts with you all today..

VEEPS

Odi
25th Dec 2006, 08:59
And all the best from myself and Mrs Odi as well.

Mrs Odi had the pleasure (not to much pleasure I hope!!!) of serving alongside some of you during the conflict itself.

You ARE in our thoughts.

Odi

A2QFI
25th Dec 2006, 09:41
No hint of hi-jacking the thread, I hope! While praying for the safety and good health of all people serving abroad please also remember the bereaved parents and children who are spending their Festive Season with a loved one, gone forever.

Man-on-the-fence
25th Dec 2006, 09:53
No hint of hi-jacking the thread, I hope! While praying for the safety and good health of all people serving abroad please also remember the parents and children who are spending their Festive Season without a loved one.

Always do mate, have one living next door.

Always Remember!

Snow Dog
25th Dec 2006, 10:00
Got home a week ago with tremendous relief to have made in home just in time for Christmas (again!), but plenty of thoughts for those who have to stay.

Best wishes to all still doing the job, keep your heads down.

Dog

Solid Rust Twotter
25th Dec 2006, 10:02
Thanks and thoughts with you all.

Vasbyt and hold the pose, manne!!:ok:

WorkingHard
25th Dec 2006, 10:14
A2QFI Thank you. A very timely reminder about those that remain waiting and hoping. Some only have the ones for whom they wait and they also deserve our special thoughts and prayers.

The Swinging Monkey
25th Dec 2006, 10:43
Just wanted to let all of our forces, wherever you are serving, that Mrs Monkey and I had quite a few drinks last night, and toasted you all.

We especially toasted and spoke fondly about our friends that are no longer with us. Sadness was eventually replaced with happiness and joy as we remembered the very many good and great times that we had all spent together. We finally retired to bed grateful and humbled that our lives had been blessed by knowing these true heros.

God Bless you all, we are thinking about you.

TSM

tmmorris
25th Dec 2006, 10:56
Best wishes on behalf of the CCF - we know how much you love us...
Tim

woptb
25th Dec 2006, 14:13
Keep safe.

Respect & thanks.

woptb.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
25th Dec 2006, 14:37
May your no-mans land become a football pitch today.

JamesA
26th Dec 2006, 13:59
I would like to wish everyone serving at the sharp end and the blunt, belated Season's Greetings.

We got a little busy the last couple of weeks getting the mail to you and, I hope most of it got through for you to share your families thoughts. Some of it is late, due to fog in Europe making diversions the order of the day and, on Christmas Day, there was still a lot on the move, so just hold on it is on the way.

You folks are not forgotten. Stay well and be able to walk home.

maxburner
26th Dec 2006, 15:08
You make us proud. Come home safe. God Bless.

flipster
27th Dec 2006, 09:07
Our thoughts are with all of you out there, doing your bit for us back 'ere:D :D :D

Downwind.Maddl-Land
27th Dec 2006, 10:20
Nothing more to add really, - keep your heads down and safe.

Respect to you all.

(and contempt to all politicians who put you there)