PDA

View Full Version : ex colleghi club air..... swiss cerca

wisper
24th Dec 2006, 12:34
Dear All,

My apologies for the delay, however Christmas has just about got in the way for everything at the moment, and therefore discussion with the Swiss management has had to be done where and when possible.

However, I now have some clarification that I can give you regarding the ARJ First Officer requirement for Swiss European Airlines.

Some explanatory notes first of all.

One of the main problems was the Swiss Governments stance towards self employed contractors being brought in from outside Swiss borders. After clarification from the SECO department and in conjunction with Swiss, PAS Aviation has had to change the method of contracting the required pilots. Therefore, instead of PAS contracting pilots as ‘self-employed contractors’, PAS Aviation will actually employ the pilots under normal employment methods. This has a number of advantages for our pilots, although does mean considerably more ‘administration’ is required.

I enclose an updated fact sheet for your information.

The basic difference is that as an employed pilot of PAS Aviation, you will receive a gross remuneration which will be taxed by the Swiss government at the applicable rates. You will also have the various social security deductions made. However, it also means that PAS Aviation will make similar contributions on your behalf, including pension contributions. Whilst all these contributions etc are made to the Swiss system, they are ‘transferable’ to your home system at the end of the contract, as though you had been earning at home. When all is counted up, it should work out financially equal or better for you, than it would as a self employed contractor paying taxes into your home system.

We have worked with Swiss to achieve a ‘comparable’ payment that would have been made had the ‘normal’ self employed contractors method been utilised. On top of this remuneration, Swiss will be paying also the standard ‘per diems’ as their own crew would get, and also accommodation in a Zurich hotel for the duration of the contract. The base for the contract will now be Zurich Airport instead of Basle.

We are still trying to clarify the status of ‘travel home’ tickets on the Swiss network during the period of the contract, and do believe that a solution may be found. This will be told to you once we get the details.

We have a selection date of February 8th in Zurich. The final details of the timetable for this has yet to be finalised, and again will be sent to you as soon as possible. However, a maximum of 16 candidates only can be seen on this date, so it is ‘first come, first served’. Travel to and from your nearest Swiss served airport will be arranged for the selection.

After selection, successful candidates will be contracted to start a ground school course and final SIM check/OPC shortly after that date, and will be paid from the start of this course. Continuation of the contract will depend on successfully passing the final SIM, of course.

I request that you look at the enclosed terms and conditions sheet, and then confirm whether or not you are interested in attending the selection, based on these terms.

If you have any questions, the office will be open on the 26th Dec until the 29th Dec, and then again normal schedule resumed on the 2nd January 2007. IF I am not in the office during that period, your number will be passed to me, and I will contact you as soon as possible to answer your query.

In the meantime, I wish you a very pleasant Christmas.

Best regards

Robin

Robin Hepworth. M.R.E.C.
Partner

PAS Aviation