PDA

View Full Version : Christmas bonuses - the giving season?

Duff Man
24th Dec 2006, 04:54
For those of us giving our time to our employers on Christmas, what largesse is being offered in return? Here's your chance to see who's been naughty and who's being nice. My spouse's employer (non-aviation) was extremely generous with goodies even for those on leave. A different case for Duff Man though.

Airservices Australia, ATC

Public Holiday loading: 1.97 x hourly rate
Salary bonus: $0
Personal gift/hamper: nil
Personal Christmas card: nil
Workplace gift: shared hamper on Christmas day
Other perks: gifts of booze from certain (favoured!) customers

Hugh Jarse
24th Dec 2006, 06:06
Nice thread Duff Man.

Mrs. Jarse works for a geotechnical company, which is reasonably profitable. Their management realises the true value of its employess. She and the rest of the staff received:

1. A Sydney Harbour night cruise with a 4 course dinner and all drinks for she and I. About 200 smiling faces turned out.

2. A picnic hamper (one of those packs with the crockery and cutlery for 2 persons. The empty spaces in the pack were stocked with fine goodies from David Jones' food centre. I reckon it was worth a couple of hundred dollars.

3. A fully catered lunch on Friday lunchtime. All seafood with the trimmings. All drinks supplied.

4. A basket full of typical Christmas hamper thingies. Probably $100 worth.

5. A huge bunch of flowers and a genuine, personal thank you from the CEO.

This company really knows how to look after its staff. I would suggest this is a key reason for the low turnover of staff, and the high motivation thereof.

Young Jarsephine recently secured her first part-time job while still at school. She received a fairly substantial Myer voucher yesterday, along with a nicely worded card from her employer. She expected nothing, and was totally stoked that her employer really appreciates her contribution to the success of the business.:ok:

Merry Christmas everyone! :ok:

woftam
24th Dec 2006, 07:29
That's NOTHING !!!!!
I got this REALLY cool diary. :ugh:

Bankstownboy
24th Dec 2006, 07:52
I don't work so I get nuffin'. Gotta love being a student.

But at least my flying school is discounting the price of all flights by 10% over the Chrissie period...

ravan
24th Dec 2006, 08:26
I got a mango for my Christmas Bonus! And only because the insurance broker who covers our aeroplanes gave the boss and case of Bowen mangoes and the boss doesn't like mangoes! I shall treasure it forever ... or until such time as it is eaten:}

numbskull
24th Dec 2006, 10:19
QF used to give all staff $15 to spend however you like- as long as you had a receipt (had to have an ABN number quoted )for money spent on food - none of the money was allowed to be spent on alcohol.
I have had more Christmas parties/team bonding in the last 6 months than I had at 20 yrs with QF.

Wanderin_dave
24th Dec 2006, 22:46
Boss gave me $100 in the pocket as a chrissy bonus and told me not to work xmas day. Charter came up (just about to head off) so i took it (my choice), boss is giving me half the profit. So that's $300 in my pocket today. :eek:

Who says there aren't good bosses in GA?!!! :D

And i'll be home for lunch!

the wizard of auz
24th Dec 2006, 23:31
Lets see........nothing for a bonus.......no Christmas party.......... no hamper........... no Christmas present.............nope, nuthin anywhere.
sometimes being your own boss can be hard. :eek:

Pseudonymn
24th Dec 2006, 23:41
Poor Wiz. Only got yourself to blame there... ;) :} ;)

Jelli Been
25th Dec 2006, 00:36
Duff, no hampers in Sydney :{ but there was a christmas party if you bought a $10 ticket

Horatio Leafblower
25th Dec 2006, 00:53
Mining Job: (occasional shift supervisor)

Party thrown by pit #1 for all workers and contractors, all food and grog included;
BBQ thrown by pit #1 for all workers in work hours;

Same same from pit #2, where we have only been working 2 weeks, plus a T-shirt. It's changed since you we there, Cruze Power...

Golf Day thrown by our company (contractors) for all workers, grog etc included;
Big night out "top shelf grog only" + excellent meal for all permanent employees and their spouses at Milano's on the Lake, Lake Macquarie;
Extra week's wages (that's $1600 after tax, ladies) end of year bonus.

Flying Job (CFI combined GA & RAAus School);
Abuse from president for not sending one of his mates solo;
Club Xmas party (official duties required presenting wings etc), $40 per head for you and your wife please.

:ugh:

the wizard of auz
25th Dec 2006, 00:54
Yeah, my boss is a bit of a tightwad apparently. :} ;)

Frink
25th Dec 2006, 04:36
Ah, Jelli Been, it's good to see that two short first names has remained true to himself and not succumbed to the giving season. You may have missed out on your fraction of a communal hamper but have a cup of Blend 43 on Airservices.

(Actually if you wouldn't mind leaving 10c on the counter for that coffee it would be appreciated). :E

Brian Abraham
25th Dec 2006, 17:44
I got a nice letter saying "We are pleased to advise that your salary increase this year is 0%." Thanks Esso, but I have no doubt they were pleased.

iwillflyajet
25th Dec 2006, 18:12
My boss gave everyone a $500 bonus and he offered to fly on Christmas day if a medevac came up.
But that is here in Canada and not in Australia.
I guess I got in with a good company here in Canada and I flew with a good one in Oz.
The Christmas party he threw was pretty good too.
:D

Hailstop3
29th Dec 2006, 21:55
Well i got the lovely job of driving from Brisbane to Bridgewater (vic) on xmas day, in my own car, so i could be meatbombing here on the 27th. The things you do for your first employer eh. Looking forward to holidays:)